North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Oct 2013, 10:38 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Every citaro has that layout behind the driver. It has a new wheelchair layout tho on other side

Yeah, that's what I was saying...

Nevermind...

The rear of the bus is different - with the full seats along the back (removal of luggage rack) and the few rows in front set out different to say the examples on the 27.
Forgot to mention (blame lack of sleep) that there are/have been two older men taking photos at Concord, two men (possibly brothers) taking fleet numbers at Heworth and a young lad looking like he was desperate to get a photo of a Solar Waggonway.

I must have been 3/4 of the way through my journey when the first 'is this the M1' query came in.
(21 Oct 2013, 10:42 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, that's what I was saying...

Nevermind...

The rear of the bus is different - with the full seats along the back (removal of luggage rack) and the few rows in front set out different to say the examples on the 27.

It still has 4 seats and rack like 27. Only difference is 4 seats on both sides instead of 4 & 3
(21 Oct 2013, 10:46 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Forgot to mention (blame lack of sleep) that there are/have been two older men taking photos at Concord, two men (possibly brothers) taking fleet numbers at Heworth and a young lad looking like he was desperate to get a photo of a Solar Waggonway.
Eh? Are we spotting the spotters now? What's this got to do with anything?
I thought the 61 was going under the Simplicity brand.
(21 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm)Liam wrote [ -> ]Yes! Haven't you played this game before, the amount of enemies you can make by taking photographs of them is brilliant. Goodbye.
Sorry, I'm obviously missing some sort of private joke here...
New buses and already the chavs have their feet on the seats..

They are good buses always liked the Citaro's, the bell noise is different and sounds good.

new bus smell Smile
4949 on X10 at heworth heading for boro
Ahhhhh my bloody ears, squeaky bendy on the 58.

Just seen the pink training coach pass Heworth
(21 Oct 2013, 8:51 am)R838PRG wrote [ -> ]That video is legendary. Some catchphrases that have been adopted in the enthusiast world. In your face Boris and here's something you don't see everyday

Keep up the good work lads!

There is more of them hahaha, I spotted them whilst looking for the Key Flashmob Videos on Youtube a few days ago. My Particular Favourite is the way Bazza says "Nice Buses There Are".
(21 Oct 2013, 1:30 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]There is more of them hahaha, I spotted them whilst looking for the Key Flashmob Videos on Youtube a few days ago. My Particular Favourite is the way Bazza says "Nice Buses There Are".

He should do more of them.
Official launch press release from GNE for Connections 4:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/new-bus-fle...-houghton/
(21 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]I thought the 61 was going under the Simplicity brand.

Original plans were for the 61 to go Northern and the 39 to go SimpliCity. The 39 was destined to have a 10 min frequency and be allocated 8320-24 alongside 8306-09.

As the 61's blinds have now been updated so that the colour is purple as opposed to green, it would now suggest that plans have changed so the 61 will continue to be allocated the "SimpliCity" branded Versas and actually come under that brand name.

I must admit I'm a little disappointed that this is the case, as I do not feel the "SimpliCity" brand name is appropriate for the 61 at all. We discussed a few days ago what I believe the name means etc, and the 61 does not fit in with that at all.
thank god only Lambton Worm DAFs remain they have been used too long lookslike all Scanias have been branded up got all photos there all now on flickr 2 targets complete Connections 4 and Waggonway brand now
Coronation Street is closed in South Shields due to an incident. Buses are operating direct to market omitting stops at Asda.
Oh dear did Roy and Haley become a cropper?
(21 Oct 2013, 3:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Coronation Street is closed in South Shields due to an incident. Buses are operating direct to market omitting stops at Asda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK85hpeZmCM
(21 Oct 2013, 4:02 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Oh dear did Roy and Haley become a cropper?

wonder if Norris Cole was being his nosy self lol
Have they taken the 25% off ticket price graphic from the Waggonway branding?
(21 Oct 2013, 4:11 pm)GTM wrote [ -> ]Have they taken the 25% off ticket price graphic from the Waggonway branding?

i think check out my flickr photos there on there right now