North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Works something like:

80 - North Shields-Wallsend
41 - Wallsend-Hadrian Park-Wallsend
40 - Wallsend-Hadrian Park
41 - Hadrian Park-Wallsend
40 - Wallsend-Hadrian Park-Wallsend
80 - Wallsend - North Shields 

Thanks Tom 
May be worth arranging somebody to have a look on the floor downstairs of 3832 - some idiots cracked an egg by throwing it and it went everywhere. The poor things did try to clean it up with tissues (and then throwing them out the window) but i doubt they would have done a brilliant job. It's up at Consett now i believe though.
(11 Mar 2015, 4:51 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]May be worth arranging somebody to have a look on the floor downstairs of 3832 - some idiots cracked an egg by throwing it and it went everywhere. The poor things did try to clean it up with tissues (and then throwing them out the window) but i doubt they would have done a brilliant job. It's up at Consett now i believe though.

It needn't be arranged - buses are cleaned each evening when they return to the depot.
Whatever happened to service 307, I haven't seen that service for months. Did it get withdrawn?
(11 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Whatever happened to service 307, I haven't seen that service for months. Did it get withdrawn?

Aye, the Arriva service 51 took all of the passengers.
(11 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Aye, the Arriva service 51 took all of the passengers.

Ahh right thanks Tom.
The 307 runs 1 journey per way to and from Newcastle. On another note, will 6116 or 6117 be getting a repaint when the new Flywheels are fitted?
Forgot to mention earlier, one of the Withdrawn Great Park and Ride Solar Fusions is parked up around the back of Saltmeadows Road Depot, anyone know which one it is, seen it as was passing on the 93 this afternoon.
Is 3814 still on loan to Washington Depot, if so what route is it on, or has another Vehicle been transferred over instead.
(12 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Is 3814 still on loan to Washington Depot, if so what route is it on, or has another Vehicle been transferred over instead.

It has returned to Stanley, and I am not aware of any further vehicles transferring to Stanley on loan.
(12 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It has returned to Stanley, and I am not aware of any further vehicles transferring to Stanley on loan.
Was hoping it would be on the X1 or something.
(12 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Was hoping it would be on the X1 or something.

Certainly not...

Stanley really shouldn't have sent an Olympian - they should have sent a low-floor single or double decker if they could spare a vehicle to loan to Washington baring in mind the Olympian was allocated from first run until last on the 85/86 yesterday...
(12 Mar 2015, 12:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Certainly not...

Stanley really shouldn't have sent an Olympian - they should have sent a low-floor single or double decker if they could spare a vehicle to loan to Washington baring in mind the Olympian was allocated from first run until last on the 85/86 yesterday...
Would have thought Stanley would of had a Low Floor spare *Cough* Venture Solo SR *Cough* or something else atleast, unless said low floor vehicles were VOR which I highly doubt.
Go North East passengers are happy, says independent survey:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-ea...ent-survey
(12 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It has returned to Stanley, and I am not aware of any further vehicles transferring to Stanley on loan.

was on scholars tonight although its destination wasnt turned on...
(12 Mar 2015, 3:59 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]was on scholars tonight although its destination wasnt turned on...
Went back to Stanley this morning and more or less went straight to Consett to shuttle drivers from the depot. Won't have had its destinations re-programed. I'd expect that to be done tonight!
(12 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Was hoping it would be on the X1 or something.

Would have been a lot better than 8248, that's for sure! Wink
Has 6039 had anything to it lately because it sounded great this afternoon.
Delays to services 20/20a/204/208/265 Due to road works on Sherburn Road in Durham