North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
I know Birtley Doctors have complained about the buses using Harras Bank and especially the use of double deckers. Also, before I forget I was waiting for the 82 for over 1 hour in Birtley earlier and not 1 of 2 turned up! How does that work!?!!?
(22 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I know Birtley Doctors have complained about the buses using Harras Bank and especially the use of double deckers. Also,  before I forget I was waiting for the 82 for over 1 hour in Birtley earlier and not 1 of 2 turned up! How does that work!?!!?

I too wasn't trying to spark a debate - only pointing out that if a revision was taking place, it'd have been legally registered or amended. Upcoming service changes threads on NEB are a good reference point if you don't want to check VOSA yourself, as any changes are generally posted there.

There should never be that much of a gap in service. I assume you wrote to customer services to query it? I'm not fan of deckers being used on these routes either, but at the same time, there's sometimes no alternative? I'd pointed out last week that Washington's spares are quite restricted, given that two of their 6 routes are unable to operate with deckers (4 & 88/88A).
Just because they're drivers for the company, it doesn't say that everything that comes out of their mouths from an enthusiasts point of view is correct. I'm not saying they aren't reliable full stop but i am saying that they probably just base their 'facts' on rumours going around the other drivers at the depot. Somebody who works in the office (such as Citaro and Dan) may be a better source.
I rang customer service but then they tend to do nowt. They say they will pass it on but whether they do or not is another thing!
(22 Mar 2015, 9:21 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I rang customer service but then they tend to do nowt. They say they will pass it on but whether they do or not is another thing!

I find it's easier to just drop them an email, and then you have reference to it if you ever spot the same issue again - customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
(22 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I too wasn't trying to spark a debate - only pointing out that if a revision was taking place, it'd have been legally registered or amended. Upcoming service changes threads on NEB are a good reference point if you don't want to check VOSA yourself, as any changes are generally posted there.

There should never be that much of a gap in service. I assume you wrote to customer services to query it? I'm not fan of deckers being used on these routes either, but at the same time, there's sometimes no alternative? I'd pointed out last week that Washington's spares are quite restricted, given that two of their 6 routes are unable to operate with deckers (4 & 88/88A).

Whey aye - course they can! Convert them to open top for a large variety of different coastal services (cue Malarkey)... Didn't you hear that's where these 300 new drivers are going? Wink 
(22 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Whey aye - course they can! Convert them to open top for a large variety of different coastal services (cue Malarkey)... Didn't you hear that's where these 300 new drivers are going? Wink 
Whitley Bay to Scarborough Every 3/4 Minutes, with a Variety of Short Workings in Between is what I heard.
(22 Mar 2015, 9:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I heard it was via Ashington, Morpeth and Berwick.

Thats odd.
i reckon tomorrows fleet news will sound like this 3 brand new streetlites have been received but not yet in service it always says that ill post the post in the morning when i can or edit this post
(23 Mar 2015, 12:54 am)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]i reckon tomorrows fleet news will sound like this 3 brand new streetlites have been received but not yet in service it always says that ill post the post in the morning when i can or edit this post
Just remember to read the posts before yours, in case someone else posts it before you...
(22 Mar 2015, 9:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I heard it was via Ashington, Morpeth and Berwick.

I would love GNE operating on that route.  :D
Could rival arriva step in and make a random route up they did it once with OK1 and that service disappeared into thin air
[attachment=6455]

Here's a photo of a new StreetLite. You probably know what they look like now.

5393, NK15 ENC 
(16 Mar 2015, 4:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]To answer a question posted earlier today: two vehicles arrived at Saltmeadows over the weekend for repaint - these being 561 and 6023.

Percy Main's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 will, of course, be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery (thus bringing our totals to 108 vehicles in Go North East's corporate livery, with 95 presently remaining in "Northern" branding). Less obvious but easily worked out given the time of year; Deptford's Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 561 (NK53 TLF) will be given a fresh coat of yellow, ahead of transfer to Hexham, where it will see allocation to service AD122.

Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 561 (NK53 TLF) was returned to Deptford this morning, after having additionally been re-trimmed. Hexham's former "Tynedale Links" branded 557 (NK53 TKV) arrived at Saltmeadows this morning in its place for the same treatment.

Stanley's former "Red Kite" branded Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity 5234 (NK56 KHB) is, as we speak, in the process of being prepared for its repaint, ahead of new vehicles arriving for the "Red Kite" services in the coming weeks and its consequent cascade to another service.

There have been no new arrivals today.
Might have been reported but 5303 has got a rear advert advertising
Where will Stanley's Scania Omnicities be used once new vehicles arrive for Red Kite?  I have seen some GNE corporate branded examples recently operating the X70/1 & X30/1 (former West Durham Swift routes) for which these were original eqpt. before Stanley's Double Deckers being utilised between scholars service contracts.
These Express routes could have better branding (possible re-birth of West Durham Swift or a Fresh brand) and may benefit from Limited Stop Service, where other GNE services feed into hubs like Stanley, Consett,(Venture) Gateshead & Newcastle (Many) for connections.

Would a Limited Stop Express service be popular shadowing the 8/78 Consett - Sunderland route. - In the late 60's to 80's this service was designated X6 and often operated as I remember during the 70's using equipment with coach style seating (these were also used for Northern's Excursion & long distance journeys to, for example... Scarborough, Blackpool etc.. ) [Image: 22517f.jpg]
Limited Stops on X6 were Consett, Leadgate, Annfield Plain, Stanley, Chester le Street, Shiney Row & then direct to Sunderland. This was popular for passengers travelling the major part of the journey.

Thoughts!
(23 Mar 2015, 12:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 561 (NK53 TLF) was returned to Deptford this morning, after having additionally been re-trimmed. Hexham's former "Tynedale Links" branded 557 (NK53 TKV) arrived at Saltmeadows this morning in its place for the same treatment.

Stanley's former "Red Kite" branded Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity 5234 (NK56 KHB) is, as we speak, in the process of being prepared for its repaint, ahead of new vehicles arriving for the "Red Kite" services in the coming weeks and its consequent cascade to another service.

There have been no new arrivals today.

What colour will 5324 go, Purple for the Toonlink?

Like the rest of them when there done.
(23 Mar 2015, 1:33 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]Where will Stanley's Scania Omnicities be used once new vehicles arrive for Red Kite?  I have seen some GNE corporate branded examples recently operating the X70/1 & X30/1 (former West Durham Swift routes) for which these were original eqpt. before Stanley's Double Deckers being utilised between scholars service contracts.
These Express routes could have better branding (possible re-birth of West Durham Swift or a Fresh brand) and may benefit from Limited Stop Service, where other GNE services feed into hubs like Stanley, Consett,(Venture) Gateshead & Newcastle (Many) for connections.

Would a Limited Stop Express service be popular shadowing the 8/78 Consett - Sunderland route. - In the late 60's to 80's this service was designated X6 and often operated as I remember during the 70's using equipment with coach style seating (these were also used for Northern's Excursion & long distance journeys to, for example... Scarborough, Blackpool etc.. )
Limited Stops on X6 were Consett, Leadgate, Annfield Plain, Stanley, Chester le Street, Shiney Row & then direct to Sunderland. This was popular for passengers travelling the major part of the journey.

Thoughts!

Was mentioned the Red Kite omni's were going on to Toonlink 11/31/32 with the 47 using something else.. probs the Wright Eclipses.
(23 Mar 2015, 1:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What colour will 5324 go, Purple for the Toonlink?

Like the rest of them when there done.

Watch this space!
(23 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Who knows, oh thats right, I do.... Tongue

Cheeky __________.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47