North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Having looked at Dan's exclusive photos I have to say I agree with previous points raised...

- The light blue on the interior walls seems a bit out of place. Should have used the cream or darker blue. I was always taught 3 colours that link, not 4 or more.
- Liking the wood effect flooring, it looks good on the Tiger refurbs just done in Yorkshire and I really like it, always have done since Trent Barton Wink used it
- The dark blue looks bland and boring but then exterior liveries often look terrible until they're branded (like the MAX livery, looks awful until it's branded!)
- Any idea why there's 2 fuel filler caps? I get the left one is the adblue but then 2 fuel fillers?
- Cab layout is very good on these but the materials used make it look very cheap unfortunately!
(17 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's the main reason, along with the customer conception of e-leather being a luxurious feature on-board buses.

It's amazing how much the e-leather has worn on ANE's Streetlites which entered service on the 23 in October 2014. I took a photo of the 'depth' of the e-leather trim on the 23 last week and compared it to the e-leather on the Go North East arrival today, and the latter was two to three times as thick.
Cheers, was sure there was previous discussion regarding it, just couldn't remember where!

Does the e-leather wear quicker than the fabric would on an equivalent seating type?

Just to make my last point a bit clearer as it comes across awfully negative I think, I don't think that the seating looks bad particularly, it's just I prefer the fabric Smile 
(17 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Cheers, was sure there was previous discussion regarding it, just couldn't remember where!

Does the e-leather wear quicker than the fabric would on an equivalent seating type?

Just to make my last point a bit clearer as it comes across awfully negative I think, I don't think that the seating looks bad particularly, it's just I prefer the fabric Smile 

Assuming that the cushions were the same size as Go North East's when Arriva's examples first arrived, then I'd guess so. The general condition of the e-leather should remain in better condition compared to the normal fabric moquette, though. When people put their feet on the seats, the moquette has to be replaced after a while (and the bus operator hence incurs an additional cost).

You're not the only one who prefers normal fabric seating - I personally find it much better myself. In my opinion, it feels much nicer. The only upside is that the buses should look a lot more presentable now.
(17 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Assuming that the cushions were the same size as Go North East's when Arriva's examples first arrived, then I'd guess so. The general condition of the e-leather should remain in better condition compared to the normal fabric moquette, though. When people put their feet on the seats, the moquette has to be replaced after a while (and the bus operator hence incurs an additional cost).

You're not the only one who prefers normal fabric seating - I personally find it much better myself. In my opinion, it feels much nicer. The only upside is that the buses should look a lot more presentable now.

Aye, I know the benefits of e-leather are more beneficial to the operators (for cleaning etc, as you've said), but I just think that the fabric feels nicer, and it looks like you, and others, will feel the same.

I think, once e-leather becomes standard (and it seems most operators are making it so now), fabric appearing on buses may become the "luxurious" option again.
I have a new idea for the 82 - Use Dennis Dart Marshalls
(17 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's the main reason, along with the customer conception of e-leather being a luxurious feature on-board buses.

It's amazing how much the e-leather has worn on ANE's Streetlites which entered service on the 23 in October 2014. I took a photo of the 'depth' of the e-leather trim on the 23 last week and compared it to the e-leather on the Go North East arrival today, and the latter was two to three times as thick.

leather seating is amazing on some vehicles i remember once sitting down on a South Shields Stagecoach enviro 300 and it was comfy as anything my mate Ryan said he almost fell asleep as they were that comfy but having leather seats is a good option for 5392 and the rest
(17 Mar 2015, 9:30 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Aye, I know the benefits of e-leather are more beneficial to the operators (for cleaning etc, as you've said), but I just think that the fabric feels nicer, and it looks like you, and others, will feel the same.

I think, once e-leather becomes standard (and it seems most operators are making it so now), fabric appearing on buses may become the "luxurious" option again.

Ironically, given that today's posts in this thread have mostly been about the X66 service, I used Arriva's X66 service from Darlington to Teesside last weekend. I've already explained in the Arriva section about comments from older customers on-board regarding the green colourscheme and the blue seats not working at all, but prior to boarding, a young woman was talking to (who I assume to be) her son. The young lad had seen the "free Wi-Fi" vinyls on the side of the bus and pointed it out, and the young woman was quick to respond by saying that "these MAX buses have leather seats though, and they're slippy so you nearly fall off when the bus goes round the corner". Personally haven't experienced that myself - but shows that e-leather is a love it / hate it thing.
(17 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I have a new idea for the 82 - Use Dennis Dart Marshalls

Lets not mention those  Tongue
Haha! Better than Cadets :p
(17 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Assuming that the cushions were the same size as Go North East's when Arriva's examples first arrived, then I'd guess so. The general condition of the e-leather should remain in better condition compared to the normal fabric moquette, though. When people put their feet on the seats, the moquette has to be replaced after a while (and the bus operator hence incurs an additional cost).

I may as well hop on the wagon and say that I too prefer the standard fabric seating found on most Go North East buses.

Not a fan of the leather seating used on Arriva's MAX and Sapphire routes. However, I may find the seating on the Streetlites that are being delivered to be a bit nicer.
(17 Mar 2015, 10:00 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I hope so....if you are not happy when on your 78 on a Saturday, it will be a disaster!

I can't wait for read his review on them.
(17 Mar 2015, 10:00 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I hope so....if you are not happy when on your 78 on a Saturday, it will be a disaster!

Haha, don't worry citaro5284, I'll try to think only happy thoughts...Angel...I quote my late grandad;

''Son, if you're ever on a snail like a 21*, just remember the old bangers we used to get coming back up from the street.''

He was referring to DAFs. Big Grin Would have been on the 729 or 775 or something? Used to be on a service that passed through Pelton, normally a DAF. Wink

*He decided to ride one to Durham and back once. hehehe

Plus, I imagine yourself and Dan will have done a good enough job on their destinations to make my morning! Wink

(17 Mar 2015, 10:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I can't wait for read his review on them.

I'll set up a criteria for them, Jimmi. Wink
Might as well give my opinion as everybody else has, whether the seating on the Bus be Leather or Fabric, I am not bothered as long as I have seat to park my arse on and enjoy the Bus Journey ahead them I am happy.
(17 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I may as well hop on the wagon and say that I too prefer the standard fabric seating found on most Go North East buses.

Not a fan of the leather seating used on Arriva's MAX and Sapphire routes. However, I may find the seating on the Streetlites that are being delivered to be a bit nicer.

Same seating as Arriva are using though isn't it? Apart from this batch for the X66, which is V2...
(17 Mar 2015, 10:12 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The others do have V3 seating, but you can pay for extra deep cushions.
Did GNE go for these?

Also does anybody know if Arriva opted for the extra deep cushions? 
(17 Mar 2015, 10:20 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Did GNE go for these?

Also does anybody know if Arriva opted for the extra deep cushions? 

Not sure if Arriva have. I wouldn't say the cushions are any deeper than that offered previously on the fabric seats. Also comparable to what GNE offer in their Gemini 2s.

Having gotten used to the eLeather, I have to say I find the ride quality a lot more comfortable. I find you don't slide off the seat with the combination of tailored trousers and harsh braking. Wink
Hopefully they'll get the gearboxes set up properly as when ours arrived from Wrights they were terrible! Not to mention being slow, but the gear changes gave everyone whiplash. Thankfully that's much reduced now
(17 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Hopefully they'll get the gearboxes set up properly as when ours arrived from Wrights they were terrible! Not to mention being slow, but the gear changes gave everyone whiplash. Thankfully that's much reduced now

Maybe reduced on Teesside, but not at Durham. Nothing has been touched there, and the gear changes still result in you being thrown out of your seat (nothing to do with the e-leather seats!)
(17 Mar 2015, 10:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Maybe reduced on Teesside, but not at Durham. Nothing has been touched there, and the gear changes still result in you being thrown out of your seat (nothing to do with the e-leather seats!)

Something needs doing about that then. But knowing Durham they've probably just not told anybody, as they do.
Anyone got any experience of the Jesmond ones ?
(17 Mar 2015, 10:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Something needs doing about that then. But knowing Durham they've probably just not told anybody, as they do.
Anyone got any experience of the Jesmond ones ?
I don't, but will try them out on Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47