North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Bus has been recovered by mechanic.
They certainly shove anything on the 82 and at peak times it tends to be an MPD or a decker which is very annoying as the elderly can't get up the stairs.... I think I'm annoyed at somthing haha
(16 Mar 2015, 5:55 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]They certainly shove anything on the 82 and at peak times it tends to be an MPD or a decker which is very annoying as the elderly can't get up the stairs.... I think I'm annoyed at somthing haha

We aren't saying they don't. What we are saying is that it is maybe wrong to compare the 82 and X66 together just because the new buses won't be artics.
(16 Mar 2015, 5:55 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]They certainly shove anything on the 82 and at peak times it tends to be an MPD or a decker which is very annoying as the elderly can't get up the stairs.... I think I'm annoyed at somthing haha

They shouldn't be anyway.

It pees me off when my X21 is running late (per usual) and some Concessionary Pass holder goes upstairs. USE THE SEATS THAT HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED FOR YOU! I PAY FARES, NOT YOU, YOU UNGRATEFUL .... 
(16 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]They shouldn't be anyway.

It pees me off when my X21 is running late (per usual) and some Concessionary Pass holder goes upstairs. USE THE SEATS THAT HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED FOR YOU! I PAY FARES, NOT YOU, YOU UNGRATEFUL .... 

OAPs have the choice of seats just like we do. The designated seats aren't compulsory for them...
(16 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]We aren't saying they don't. What we are saying is that it is maybe wrong to compare the 82 and X66 together just because the new buses won't be artics.

I was just saying that they shove anything on the 82, a bit like the X66. I'm not comparing it in any other way

I don't think GNE would want a decker on those routes by choice, but I agree that it's taking the mick that it's still happening on a daily basis, almost two years later. I don't believe any of the Washington local routes interwork with scholars, so I'm not sure why it's still happening?

It is a problem in particular with the presidents, as they seem to have fewer seats downstairs than other deckers. 

(16 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]They shouldn't be anyway.

Like me or you, they're entitled to sit anywhere they want. It's irrelevant who pays what.
(16 Mar 2015, 6:00 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I was just saying that they shove anything on the 82, a bit like the X66. I'm not comparing it in any other way

Erm... Probably because there is nowt branded to shove on the X66.
Why are you turning this into a sarcastic battle Tommy
(16 Mar 2015, 6:04 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Erm... Probably because there is nowt branded to shove on the X66.

But they do have 4 dedicated vehicles to be allocated to the service until the new vehicles enter service. Solars 4944, 4964, 4966 and Citaro 5332 (plus 5389 or 5390 on Saturdays)...
(16 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Why are you turning this into a sarcastic battle Tommy

To not turn the forum into another fight please continue this discussion in the private messaging system that the forum provides or via a social networking site.

Thank you for your cooperation.
(16 Mar 2015, 6:04 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I don't think GNE would want a decker on those routes by choice, but I agree that it's taking the mick that it's still happening on a daily basis, almost two years later. I don't believe any of the Washington local routes interwork with scholars, so I'm not sure why it's still happening?

Washington's spare vehicles on a Monday - Friday are made up as follows:
  • 3x Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President
  • 1x DAF SB120/Wright Cadet
  • 2x Scania L94UB/Wright Solar
  • 1x MPD
On weekdays, it's best to keep the double deckers fairly local on services 82/82A and 85/86 during the day. This allows the DAF SB120/Wright Cadet vehicles (which should be allocated to services 82/82A) to be repaired during the day, and the double deckers can be removed from service for allocation to scholars when required, with ease.

On a Saturday, all seven of Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents are spare vehicles. This is why, on Saturdays especially, double deckers are commonly allocated to services 82/82A and 85/86, as there are so few spare minibuses or single deckers.
(16 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]8293 was renowned for being rather unreliable. As has been mentioned, there was only two of these vehicles ever built, which made sourcing parts more difficult than usual resulting in longer periods off the road. Both 4845 and 8293 will be replaced by other vehicles when new vehicles enter service. Both vehicles are currently in storage at Saltmeadows Road pending disposal.

only ridden 8293 once that was on the 74 to Hexham thought it was unusual ride but it was still felt strange as i was used to buses like Scanias Wright Solar, Volvo Wright Renowns, Mercedez Benz Citaro and etc
We could have a Solar on the 82
(16 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I seriously can't believe Streetlites are being used on the X66! It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Don't GNE realise that during the school holidays those buses are going to be like sardines in a tin
if you think thats bad try the old and current Soyuz Spacecraft that is cramped at anything on the inside the interior is so cramped it only holds 3 people
(16 Mar 2015, 5:41 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Personally I just think it's a horrendous idea...... I can guarantee there will be 100's of complaints about them being to small. For years the X66 was a service kids used to love going on and looked forward to going on the 'bendy bus' it was GNE's 'signature' route but now it's just like the 82 for example! Shove anything on I
they identified what vehicle to use as Dan previously quoted somewhere on the NEB Forum thus why a Citaro demonstrator and of course Go North East very own Drifter branded Streetlite 5375
(16 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]We could have a Solar on the 82

I've seen them solars on a lot of Washington routes X1, 88/88A, 4, but reason why according to anth that Solars will struggle on 85/86 thus why a cadet or a Dart is usually allocated and the odd time a Versa which should be on my local route 88/88A but known Go North East they may put a Solar on 82/83
(16 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]We could have a Solar on the 82

The deckers have a shorter wheelbase than the Solar therefore making it possible to do the left hand turn into Harass Bank
(16 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm)RM2186 wrote [ -> ]The deckers have a shorter wheelbase than the Solar therefore making it possible to do the left hand turn into Harass Bank

When I was with Bazza at the galleries a couple of weeks ago, a driver said it was difficult to get a Solar around the car park near the in shops
(16 Mar 2015, 6:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Washington's spare vehicles on a Monday - Friday are made up as follows:
  • 3x Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President
  • 1x DAF SB120/Wright Cadet
  • 2x Scania L94UB/Wright Solar
  • 1x MPD

On a Saturday, all seven of Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents are spare vehicles. This is why, on Saturdays especially, double deckers are commonly allocated to services 82/82A and 85/86, as there are so few spare minibuses or single deckers.

I know they're pretty restricted by fact deckers can't be used as spares on the 4 or the 88/88A, so it does surprise me that they haven't more spare single deck buses. That being the case, I'd assume that the depot are using the deckers as first point of call for a spare, on the 82/82A/85/86, in case the others are needed elsewhere later in the day. I do understand we can't have an infinite supply of spare buses, but an extra one or two has got to be better than running an empty decker round all day.
(16 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]When I was with Bazza at the galleries a couple of weeks ago, a driver said it was difficult to get a Solar around the car park near the in shops

Yeah, that would be the exact same problem with the omnicities. 
(16 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Yeah, that would be the exact same problem with the omnicities. 

I think Optare Solo SR's would be hood for the 82/82A/85 & 86
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47