North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
(25 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Dont know about Dan but let me have a think....errrr.........NO!

Herbert, Sherbert, Maggot or Rusty? The question is, which one...
(25 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Davey do you dream about the Red Arrows every night? :p

I think they'll leave the 56 every 12 minutes for the time being....

We haven't even got all the orders for this year yet...

Don't dream about the X1 all night and there's nothing wrong the the B9s currently allocated but:
- They're the oldest B9s in the fleet.
- Don't hace power sockets like post TTX standard (bar the Angel).
- Have paid themselves off.
- Are proven and mostly reliable.
- Would provide good quality spares and make up for shortfalls in PVRs.
(25 Mar 2015, 9:25 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Don't dream about the X1 all night and there's nothing wrong the the B9s currently allocated but:

And they're still going to be most of those if they get cascaded! They have got many more years left in them. Leave them where they are.
(24 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, gutted because they're good buses!
they were canny bus rides
(24 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The spare for each depot comes after the branded examples.

5391 - 5394: X66 Blue
5395 - 5400: 8/78 Green Stanley
5401: Spare Red Stanley
5402 - 5408: 8/78 Green Chester
5409: Spare Red Chester
mmm interesting imagine 5409 on 21 
(24 Mar 2015, 4:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]If I told you, I'd have to kill you! Wink

We'll find out next month what is to come for the 8/78. Smile
you have been watching too much johnny english
(25 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks like it but it looks much better on the blue base than the gold one... 
i like it looks nice cannot wait to see it in action now
(25 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm)Citaro5292 wrote [ -> ]Well 5234 has arrived back at stanley depot today in black

Photo courtesy of Paul Lamb
looks nice  in black am now thinking they could put it in a revised livery for toon link
(25 Mar 2015, 9:25 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Don't dream about the X1 all night and there's nothing wrong the the B9s currently allocated but:

the 11 reg plates are older but 12 plates are not only beaten by Tyne Tees Express examples
Citaro5292 Wrote:
Well 5234 has arrived back at stanley depot today in black

I hope they go onto the Loop. Loop Buses are way overdue & need improve buses.

I was hoping they would come onto Crusader shame. Mers are ugly.
I think the omnicities will go on the Loop allowing the solars to transfer to Percy Main for service 17
(24 Mar 2015, 10:29 pm)Versa5389 wrote [ -> ]FTransbus MPD 561 NK53TLF was seen today in plain Yellow being driven towards Riverside Depot from Blaydon on Trade Plates at around 16:00. The driver was wearing black overalls suggesting not a GNE fitter.

My guess is that it had been to Thorntons for a deep clean, so that the bus is pristine when it transfers to Hexham for use on the AD122.

Much to my surprise, 561 (NK53 TLF) has been branded for service AD122. There's a large logo (usually where the "Tyndeale Links" logo would be) for the AD122, and sub-branding at the top with all the places the AD122 serves. It's not as good as Alba Travel's Solo SR (as seen below - for those who haven't seen it before), but it's a lot better than running around in a plain yellow base livery.

[Image: 11529492274_49684dd59f.jpg]Exterior shot of Alba Travel of Penrith's YJ10EZA, Optare Solo SR by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

557 (NK53 TKV) was absent from Saltmeadows Road yesterday, so my guess is that Thorntons have got that at the moment, following the return of 561. I'd expect that 561 would now transfer directly to Hexham rather than to Hexham via Deptford.
(25 Mar 2015, 7:51 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]4909, 3804, 6018 and 6036 all been on the pronto today.... as four of the blue deckers were at Chester this morning... knackered yet again. Losing passenger to Arriva 6 due to unreliability 

Knackered, or having their destinations updated? Just because a vehicle is absent from service does not mean it is "knackered".

All of Chester-le-Street and Crook's vehicles had their destinations updated yesterday if they could be captured, and if they couldn't, they'll be done at some point this week. The main thing that will be noticed is that the Angels no longer have a green square, and they have a large white number in Arial font instead. In fact, all branded services now have white route numbers - regardless of whether a branded vehicle with colour route number or corporate liveried vehicle with colour route number is allocated. The via points on a large number of services have been revised to coincide with timing points on the timetable or key points of the route.

Stanley's destinations have also been updated at my end, but a full depot update has not yet taken place. Riverside's destinations are going to be updated at my end today, but I doubt we will push out an update until July when the QuayLink is due to change.
(26 Mar 2015, 1:34 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]I think the omnicities will go on the Loop allowing the solars to transfer to Percy Main for service 17

If the OmniCities do go on the loop, does that mean your going to refuse to get it to Gateshead Stadium
Yesterday, a further Streetlite destined for services 8/78 arrived at Saltmeadows Road, this being 5398 (NK15 ENL).
(25 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm)Citaro5292 wrote [ -> ]Well 5234 has arrived back at stanley depot today in black

Yeah I passed it as an engineer was driving up towards Stanley on the A693.

It looked quite smart to be honest.
(26 Mar 2015, 7:11 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Knackered, or having their destinations updated? Just because a vehicle is absent from service does not mean it is "knackered".

All of Chester-le-Street and Crook's vehicles had their destinations updated yesterday if they could be captured, and if they couldn't, they'll be done at some point this week. The main thing that will be noticed is that the Angels no longer have a green square, and they have a large white number in Arial font instead. In fact, all branded services now have white route numbers - regardless of whether a branded vehicle with colour route number or corporate liveried vehicle with colour route number is allocated. The via points on a large number of services have been revised to coincide with timing points on the timetable or key points of the route.

Stanley's destinations have also been updated at my end, but a full depot update has not yet taken place. Riverside's destinations are going to be updated at my end today, but I doubt we will push out an update until July when the QuayLink is due to change.

Hopefully bringing Chester le Streets "Not In Service" destination in line with the other depots. They were still using the Not In Service for all the latest info blind on Monday. I'd like to see the new 21 destination colour. I quite liked the green number but do admit all tha could be seen was the green square and not the route number. 
(26 Mar 2015, 7:11 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Knackered, or having their destinations updated? Just because a vehicle is absent from service does not mean it is "knackered".

No there had been put off the previous say... either broken down or defects.

6021 only got 2 mile down the road this morning and broke down/defects again
Are the black scanias the possible volvo replacements at crook?, not forgetting the 4 vehicles as mentioned earlier. Possible split vehicle allocations. Dont think the pronto needs a full decker allocations.
(26 Mar 2015, 11:40 am)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Are the black scanias the possible volvo replacements at crook?, not forgetting the 4 vehicles as mentioned earlier. Possible split vehicle allocations. Dont think the pronto needs a full decker allocations.

I'd hate to have single deckers on the X21, the one that leaves Durham at 0936 for Newcastle is often completely full and the X21 can often be full or near full a large amount of the time, thankfully the extra peak journeys have spread things out a bit between Durham and Newcastle around peak times.

If single deckers go on the X21 I think I'd use it even less than I do now and opt for the X2 (soon to be X12) instead.
(26 Mar 2015, 9:07 am)Versa5389 wrote [ -> ]Hopefully bringing Chester le Streets "Not In Service" destination in line with the other depots. They were still using the Not In Service for all the latest info blind on Monday. I'd like to see the new 21 destination colour. I quite liked the green number but do admit all tha could be seen was the green square and not the route number. 

The reason why Chester-le-Street was the first depot to be completed was because the old Not in Service destination was still being used.

The coloured square, in my opinion, detracted attention from the number itself. We have discussed in the recent past how customers are heavily reliant on branding and the colour of vehicles to determine which service an approaching bus is, and a coloured square behind the route number only added to this. As there was duplication in the colour of the squares on shared corridors between different services, I personally think it's better that we moved away from this. The new number is a lot larger, and in white to contrast against the normal amber LEDs. It works well, in my opinion, especially in low light conditions. As all new deliveries are fitted with full white LED displays all around, it (to a degree) allows consistency, as well.
Where is 8327?
(26 Mar 2015, 11:46 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'd hate to have single deckers on the X21, the one that leaves Durham at 0936 for Newcastle is often completely full and the X21 can often be full or near full a large amount of the time, thankfully the extra peak journeys have spread things out a bit between Durham and Newcastle around peak times.

If single deckers go on the X21 I think I'd use it even less than I do now and opt for the X2 (soon to be X12) instead.

I did say a split allocation of deckers & singles same as X30/X31/X70/X71. Gne would know which type to allocate on what service.
What time is 8327 is on today to arrive at the galls?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47