North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Nov 2016, 8:03 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]New X6/X7 timetable

Thanks for sharing. =)
It's spoiling the perfectly adequate existing GNE routes just so they can play tit-for-tat with Arriva - because they're going to Seaham GNE will now has to have a direct Sunderland to Hartlepool bus. Yes it's competition, but overall many people get a worse service or lose links completely.
And what's with this not showing a Park Lane time on the inward routes to Sunderland?
(04 Nov 2016, 11:25 am)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]And what's with this not showing a Park Lane time on the inward routes to Sunderland?

The route ends at the winter gardens, that's where the X6/X7 will interwork.
But surely passengers need to know from the timetable that it's actually going to Park Lane.

Thanks for Sharing
(04 Nov 2016, 12:17 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]But surely passengers need to know from the timetable that it's actually going to Park Lane.

It will on the bus shelter, its ending point is the Winter Gardens i think.

Not sure, maybe Dan can confirm it? but i'm sure it'll change from the X6 to the X7 and vice versa at the Winter Gardens, it'll probables work like the 38/238, with through fares available.
(04 Nov 2016, 12:17 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]But surely passengers need to know from the timetable that it's actually going to Park Lane.

Will they be able to travel to Park Lane? I would hope so...
However according to the timetables, passengers will be arriving in to Sunderland on the X6, but continuing up the road to Park Lane on the X7. Don't know what the technicalities are with that.
By looking at the timetable it could be Peterlee operating those two. Considering the evening X6/X7 terminates at Peterlee. Possibly Solos allocated or maybe another single deck Optare. X5 I'm guessing is the current X35
(05 Nov 2016, 7:47 am)Brian13 wrote [ -> ]By looking at the timetable it could be Peterlee operating those two. Considering the evening X6/X7 terminates at Peterlee. Possibly Solos allocated or maybe another single deck Optare. X5 I'm guessing is the current X35

The only thing that be changed for the X35 is that it will be renumbered as X5, Peterlee will be operating the X6 and X7 as morning journeys starts at Peterlee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05 Nov 2016, 7:47 am)Brian13 wrote [ -> ]By looking at the timetable it could be Peterlee operating those two. Considering the evening X6/X7 terminates at Peterlee. Possibly Solos allocated or maybe another single deck Optare. X5 I'm guessing is the current X35

Correct.  Peterlee are to operate both the X6 & X7.  Both will interwork in Sunderland.  IE if going to Sunderland change to X7 and vice versa.  X5 is just X35 renumbered.  Can't yet comment on vehicle types though, sorry.

Have you got a clearer timetable?
When are the x5/x6/x7 changes in Decemmber?
(05 Nov 2016, 5:29 pm)LivingOnGNE wrote [ -> ]When are the x5/x6/x7 changes in Decemmber?

4th December Smile
(05 Nov 2016, 5:20 pm)LivingOnGNE wrote [ -> ]Have you got a clearer timetable?

The timetables that I've posted of the X6 and X7 are clear, I can read them with no problem.

(05 Nov 2016, 5:29 pm)LivingOnGNE wrote [ -> ]When are the x5/x6/x7 changes in Decemmber?

Check post 218 as it has the changes in detail.

The X5/6//7 changes have been listed on the Connect Tees Valley upcoming service changes pdf - though it lists the X7 s being withdrawn as the revised service doesn't serve the Tees Valley. 

It seems the X6 will serve King Owsy Drive in Hartlepool rather than the hospital, alike the 23. This is the first time a Go North East bus has served the area.
(06 Nov 2016, 12:45 pm)James101 wrote [ -> ]It seems the X6 will serve King Owsy Drive in Hartlepool rather than the hospital, alike the 23. This is the first time a Go North East bus has served the area.

That is correct, yes. It was confirmed on this forum a few weeks ago.
(05 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Check post 218 as it has the changes in detail.

Ok thx
(06 Nov 2016, 2:40 pm)LivingOnGNE wrote [ -> ]Ok thx

I see the 202 service is on Traveline
The service is running the same time as the X7 from Station Town to Peterlee then the same time and route as now.