North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the 686 (Hexham to Prudhoe) replace the 687 (Corbridge to Hexham)? - which currently runs off the 686.
(06 Jun 2017, 7:31 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if more solo's will need to repainted............

I'd be very surprised if there is a PVR increase as a result. It'd break the current trend of reductions at least.
(06 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Looks like they're splitting up the 82, so it no longer does the whole Heworth - Galleries - Birtley run.

And one local resident of this route has just submitted a complaint to them regarding this, zero need to split a service in order to fix an issue with reliability around the Birtley area when in reality the issue will remain regardless of whether it's split or not, reverting back to the clockwise/anti-clockwise loop previously used would fix this issue in my personal opinion.

Also for arguments sake if I was wanting to travel from Lambton to Barmston instead of using 1 bus, with these changes it would take 2 buses and would take longer to complete what is a currently a 15 Minute journey, these changes do nothing but cause an inconvenience to the passengers who use this service.

No doubt Go North East will use this a Marketing Ploy also in order to con those who only pay single fares from point to point into purchasing a Day Ticket to line there pockets with a higher profit margin, despite knowing the local services of Washington are in decline, and have been years.
(06 Jun 2017, 10:19 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]And one local resident of this route has just submitted a complaint to them regarding this, zero need to split a service in order to fix an issue with reliability around the Birtley area when in reality the issue will remain regardless of whether it's split or not, reverting back to the clockwise/anti-clockwise loop previously used would fix this issue in my personal opinion.

Also for arguments sake if I was wanting to travel from Lambton to Barmston instead of using 1 bus, with these changes it would take 2 buses and would take longer to complete what is a currently a 15 Minute journey, these changes do nothing but cause an inconvenience to the passengers who use this service.

No doubt Go North East will use this a Marketing Ploy also in order to con those who only pay single fares from point to point into purchasing a Day Ticket to line there pockets with a higher profit margin, despite knowing the local services of Washington are in decline, and have been years.

Well said, exactly what I was thinking. The way it is at the moment is as reliable as it has been since the W2 days, when it was spot on! Why change it?
(07 Jun 2017, 5:29 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Well said, exactly what I was thinking. The way it is at the moment is as reliable as it has been since the W2 days, when it was spot on! Why change it?

I got on a Birtley bound bus at the Galleries recently and it arrived a little late. The SR didn't rush and it had a decent load.
By the time it got to Ayton, we were early. 
The bus laid over for a few moments and set off on time again. We got to Birtley early.

It seemed almost as though the timetable wasn't suitable to keep to or maintain the timetable. In the past, the Cadet's struggled to make time up like that.

I alluded to the PVR dropping in my reply to Michael. I wonder if the withdrawal of the MPD's is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with these changes?
(06 Jun 2017, 10:19 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]And one local resident of this route has just submitted a complaint to them regarding this, zero need to split a service in order to fix an issue with reliability around the Birtley area when in reality the issue will remain regardless of whether it's split or not, reverting back to the clockwise/anti-clockwise loop previously used would fix this issue in my personal opinion.

Perhaps it would be better to see what the changes actually are before criticising? You might well be right to complain, but maybe through fares might offered so no more expensive for people? And we've all said it isn't good that the bus goes to birtley as a different number than comeback back, so maybe this will solve that problem, which is a good thing?
(07 Jun 2017, 7:55 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I got on a Birtley bound bus at the Galleries recently and it arrived a little late. The SR didn't rush and it had a decent load.
By the time it got to Ayton, we were early. 
The bus laid over for a few moments and set off on time again. We got to Birtley early.

It seemed almost as though the timetable wasn't suitable to keep to or maintain the timetable. In the past, the Cadet's struggled to make time up like that.

I alluded to the PVR dropping in my reply to Michael. I wonder if the withdrawal of the MPD's is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with these changes?

The vehicle change has also seen a reliability change, there is no doubt about that. When the Cadet's, Merit's and B7 President's were allocated, the reliability was shocking, the MPD's not so bad.
Due to the closure of Mary Street, services 2/2A, 9, 20, 35A, 56, 78/78A, 135/136 will be unable to serve normal stops and will be stopping at the following stands.

This will start from the first buses of the day, until 6pm.

Stand A - 35A
Stand A - 20
Stand B - 78/78A
Stand C - 20
Stand D - 9
Stand E - 2/2A
Stand F - 135/136
Stand W - 56
(07 Jun 2017, 5:29 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Well said, exactly what I was thinking. The way it is at the moment is as reliable as it has been since the W2 days, when it was spot on! Why change it?

I agree the Washington services were much better when they were W1-W6 as the routes and reliability were always very good. I think the problems started when they extended the route to Birtley and Heworth. Using Birtley as a terminus point is always going to be difficult as there is nowhere for buses to turn round and go back the same route they came. It would be better if bus services from Chester le Street to Washington served Birtley just like the old 551 did. I also think it was better when the old W1 served Washington Village on an evening instead of the current 86. There were often a few people who would use the bus to go to from the likes of Barmston to the Village for a drink on a Friday and Saturday night. I think it would be good if this link was reinstated.
It has been confirmed on Go North East's facebook that service X36 will indeed be withdrawn from 23rd July as suspected.
(13 Jun 2017, 3:14 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]It has been confirmed on Go North East's facebook that service X36 will indeed be withdrawn from 23rd July as suspected.

About time, not suprised, always empty when i see it.
(14 Jun 2017, 1:08 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]More info on the Hexham changes http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Northum...-06-09.pdf

Finally had a chance to read through the changes, looks like they're set up to replace the MPD's, it looks like a lot of services are merged in to one, which should work well BUT i'm not sure if the changes are positive or not, not from the area.

It looks like:

680 - Hexham - Acomb – Bellingham
683 - Hexham BS-Collingwood Dr-White Cross-RS
684 - Hexham BS-QEHS
686 - Hexham - Corbridge - Ovington – Wylam – Prudhoe
688 - Hexham – Allendale – Allenheads
689 - Hexham-Consett
X84, X85 - Newbrough - Hexham - Newcastle

No idea on frequencies. can't work them out from that PDF.
(15 Jun 2017, 3:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Finally had a chance to read through the changes, looks like they're set up to replace the MPD's, it looks like a lot of services are merged in to one, which should work well BUT i'm not sure if the changes are positive or not, not from the area.

It looks like:

684 - Hexham BS-QEHS
689 - Hexham-Consett

Least its better connections for those in Newbrough and if the rumours about the 6 SIDI mercs are correct about going on to this route; it be hell of an upgrade.

When I lived in Burnopfield a few years back, I thought that merging the X88 & X43 would be good idea and have one express service straight through.........obviously not really feasible now
(15 Jun 2017, 3:26 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Least its better connections for those in Newbrough and if the rumours about the 6 SIDI mercs are correct about going on to this route; it be hell of an upgrade.

When I lived in Burnopfield a few years back, I thought that merging the X88 & X43 would be good idea and have one express service straight through.........obviously not really feasible now

Ye, it seems they're changing them for better connections, i think the whole area needed a rework.

Not sure on the them getting new buses, they've just got new ones, then again, having the SIDI merc's on the route might workout for the future. The Solo's could replace the remaining MPD's and start to replace the older Solo's but i doubt they'll even get new buses.
(15 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, it seems they're changing them for better connections, i think the whole area needed a rework.

Not sure on the them getting new buses, they've just got new ones, then again, having the SIDI merc's on the route might workout for the future. The Solo's could replace the remaining MPD's and start to replace the older Solo's but i doubt they'll even get new buses.

I was only on about X84/X85  Big Grin
(15 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I was only on about X84/X85  Big Grin

Tongue, sorry i thought u meant the Tynedale Links, can you tell I've been up since 5:15am?
(15 Jun 2017, 3:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tongue, sorry i thought u meant the Tynedale Links, can you tell I've been up since 5:15am?

I wasn't even in my second sleep by then  Big Grin
Is the 689 staying at Stanley?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(15 Jun 2017, 3:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Finally had a chance to read through the changes, looks like they're set up to replace the MPD's, it looks like a lot of services are merged in to one, which should work well BUT i'm not sure if the changes are positive or not, not from the area.

It looks like:

684 - Hexham BS-QEHS
689 - Hexham-Consett

This confirms the death of the 687 (Corbridge to Hexham), which originally replaced the Hexham to Horsley(?) (the 684?) which ran from Hexham through Anick (Beaufront) and Corbridge to Newcastle.
The 687 used to run between Corbridge and Hexham 'estates' then just Corbridge to Hexham bus station (running off the 686 and the 689).

Hopefully Corbridge will still get the same (687) service as now from the extended 686 - we will have to see.

Looks like Acomb has lost the 682 (maybe replaced by a short 680?).

I will miss the 682 calling at ALDI - unless the 680 (which currently doesn't serve ALDI) is diverted - which is useful to get up to the bus station with a load of ALDI shopping.

Strangely, there is currently a 687 from Hexham to Corbridge @ 16:25 which terminates at Corbridge and runs back to Hexham NIS despite there being willing passengers.

The X84 and X85 currently alternate (X84 becomes X85 and vice versa) to maintain an hourly service on both (except afternoon rush hour).