North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Feb 2019, 1:59 am)DH9 wrote [ -> ]Any changes to the 11.15 pm 6A Newcastle to Stanley service?   I'm assuming this last run will still be with a Stanley (or rather Consett) bus.

It's not as though I fall onto this bus after a few beers. Big Grin

There's a logic it will be terminated at either Dipton or Annfield Plain on Mondays to Thursdays for a quick return to the new Consett depot as once within County Durham it carries very few passengers as far as Stanley except for Friday's and Saturdays.

DH9

6/6A will not be run using a Consett bus. This i believe like the daytime service will be operated by Riverside.

(30 Jan 2019, 9:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]New depot was said to be opening next month, however, nothing has appeared on VOSA yet.

Normally June has some changes too.

Beginning of April. Associated applicable timetable changes will come into effect then.
(07 Feb 2019, 12:09 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]I noticed also a few weeks back a 6A numbered bus at Stanley with Metrocente on it, not a current termination point.

I might be reading too much into this, but this might mean the 22.57 6A (22.12 on a Sunday) might continue to the Metrocentre rather than terminate at Crookgate with Riverside being right next to the Metrocentre.

Not sure what you think you saw, but it couldn't have been a 6A with Metrocentre as the terminal point, as this isn't programmed in?
(07 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]Mid-January.   I'd come out of the gym and know what I saw.

Sorry, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one...

As the person who programs the displays, I know what can be shown and what can't... and as that particular variant of the 6A isn't programmed, that display can't be shown! Wink
(07 Feb 2019, 6:56 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]Fair enough - you're not the only person that does it are you?   There's no-one else trained to do it?

I did wonder if it misread what I saw.   I was getting on a 16 to head home I think at 18.20.   There were three buses unoperational, two in stands A and B.   Both those in stands A and B had 6A on with that in stand B saying Metrocentre, the other, Newcastle.  I looked twice as I've never seen that on a 6 or a 6A before.   It was definitely not an M6, during the week run usually with mini-buses (it wasn't a mini-bus).

I though I'd  mention it in passing, that's all.   It appears we have a mystery. Big Grin

I'm really only interested from the point of view I want to know what's happening to buses I use and the 6 / 6A is a biggy.   I've been hearing rumours of service changes since early January and just want to put some flesh on the bones.

Just me that does it at Go North East!

The new depot opens in two months time, so any changes to services will be registered in the upcoming days. It shouldn't be too long after that details are confirmed officially by Go North East on their website.

For those interested in the bus workings - these details have now been released to drivers so I'm able to confirm some details...

Consett Depot will operate the following routes:
  • Services 15/15A (PVR 3)
  • Services 16/16A (PVR 9)
  • Services 45/46/47 (PVR 14)
  • Service X30 (PVR 3)
  • Services X70/X71 (PVR 5)
  • Minibus Services (PVR 10)
  • Scholars Services (PVR 11)
The previous suggestion that all journeys on service 6 would be operated by Riverside is true, including the late night journeys on service 6A. The journeys which Stanley currently operate on service M6 on evenings and Sundays will also be operated by Riverside.

The X30 will not interwork with the X70/X71 as suggested in an earlier post.

The majority of journeys on service X31 will be operated by Riverside and interwork with service 6 as suggested previously, although two journeys on weekday evenings will be operated by buses allocated to Consett and one on a Saturday evening.

The X70/X71 will interwork with each other and have large layover periods at Consett Bus Station, similar to the X21 at Bishop Auckland. An inbound X71 will leave as an outbound X71 though changes to an X70 (and vice versa) in Newcastle.
(07 Feb 2019, 7:07 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Just me that does it at Go North East!

The new depot opens in two months time, so any changes to services will be registered in the upcoming days. It shouldn't be too long after that details are confirmed officially by Go North East on their website.

For those interested in the bus workings - these details have now been released to drivers so I'm able to confirm some details...

• Service X30 (PVR 3)
The previous suggestion that all journeys on service 6 would be operated by Riverside is true, including the late night journeys on service 6A. The journeys which Stanley currently operate on service M6 on evenings and Sundays will also be operated by Riverside.

The majority of journeys on service X31 will be operated by Riverside and interwork with service 6 as suggested previously, although two journeys on weekday evenings will be operated by buses allocated to Consett and one on a Saturday evening.

The X70/X71 will interwork with each other and have large layover periods at Consett Bus Station, similar to the X21 at Bishop Auckland. An inbound X71 will leave as an outbound X71 though changes to an X70 (and vice versa) in Newcastle.

Do we know what will be allocated to these services after the split. Will the Toonlink B9s go to riverside for the 6 and the omnis for the Xs?
(07 Feb 2019, 7:07 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Just me that does it at Go North East!

• Service X30 (PVR 3)

The M6 should be keeping it's Streetlites on a Sunday with the ones currently on the 32A being used on the M6 instead.
(07 Feb 2019, 7:40 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]The M6 should be keeping it's Streetlites on a Sunday with the ones currently on the 32A being used on the M6 instead.

So GNE are losing the 32A?
(07 Feb 2019, 7:39 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Do we know what will be allocated to these services after the split. Will the Toonlink B9s go to riverside for the 6 and the omnis for the Xs?

Based on the PVRs and number of vehicles currently allocated, you could probably have a good stab at answering that yourself!  Big Grin
  • 6x Toon Link branded Volvo B9
  • 7x Fleet livery Volvo B9
  • 11x Toon Link branded OmniCity
  • 3x fleet livery OmniCity
  • 8x Scania OmniDekka
We know the three buses on the X30 have to be allocated single-decks (or low-height OmniDekkas) due to the low bridge at Dunston.

The 6/X31 interworking at the moment currently have a PVR of 9 (although this is because an inbound 6 service at Stanley has around 30 minutes layover and the driver comes off for their break). Whether this could be reduced to 8 or not is up for debate, but there are only 6 branded Volvo B9 and it'd seem a strange decision to do that when these are the boards currently allocated OmniCitys at Stanley (bar one which is allocated a Toon Link branded Volvo B9 as it interworks with the 808 scholars service - which it won't do when the new depot opens).

It'd go against the norm of fleet standardisation to allocate OmniCitys to Riverside, but as these buses are now 12 years old, there will come a point where they can't be isolated as much as they have been to date... Could this be a good time to (re)-introduce them to Riverside's fleet?
(07 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So GNE are losing the 32A?

Apparently so. I am waiting for confirmation from someone, but it has been mentioned. I don't know when the contract expires or who is getting it next.
(07 Feb 2019, 7:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It'd go against the norm of fleet standardisation to allocate OmniCitys to Riverside, but as these buses are now 12 years old, there will come a point where they can't be isolated as much as they have been to date... Could this be a good time to (re)-introduce them to Riverside's fleet?

Would be nice to have Omnicities come to Deptford for the 35 and 38 to replace the L94's, the Omnicities could replace 11 of the 12 scania's, but i'm sure Deptford could survive with 1 less bus (due to the amount of new buses in the last few years)
Any news on the 32A? I use the Go North East 32A regularly, so I am keen to know what is happening.
Today on vosa:

PB0003954/885 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Freeman Hospital to Forest Hall Shops
Service number: K3 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 24 Mar 2019

Edit: NEXUS withdrawing service fully.
---------

PB0003954/715 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: NORTH SHIELDS, RUDYARD STREET to TYNEMOUTH, THE BROADWAY
Service number: 333 ()

Edit: Moved to Gateshead Central Taxi's 

--------------

PB0003954/718 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: ETAL LANE to NEWCASTLE, MARKET ST EAST
Service number: 32A (32A)

Edit: Can't anything on who'll run this service 

-----

Changes to the 19 are also coming up on the 24th March, it has a variation change, was received yesterday but has yet to appear on VOSA on the list... 

Registration number PB0003954/538
Licence Number PB0003954
Variation number 7
Status Variation
Service number. 19,
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Ashington Bus Station
Finish point North Shields, Town Centre
Via
Date received 08 Feb 2019
Effective date 24 Mar 2019
End date
Supported by subsidies? Yes
Local authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
Northumberland County Council
TAOs covered by route North East of England

------------------
(09 Feb 2019, 10:08 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Today on vosa:

PB0003954/885 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Freeman Hospital to Forest Hall Shops
Service number: K3 ()

Edit: NEXUS withdrawing service fully.
---------

PB0003954/715 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: NORTH SHIELDS, RUDYARD STREET to TYNEMOUTH, THE BROADWAY
Service number: 333 ()

Edit: Moved to Gateshead Central Taxi's 

--------------

PB0003954/718 Cancelled
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: ETAL LANE to NEWCASTLE, MARKET ST EAST
Service number: 32A (32A)

Edit: Can't anything on who'll run this service 

-----

Changes to the 19 are also coming up on the 24th March, it has a variation change, was received yesterday but has yet to appear on VOSA on the list... 

Registration number PB0003954/538
Licence Number PB0003954
Variation number 7
Status Variation
Service number. 19,
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Ashington Bus Station
Finish point North Shields, Town Centre
Via
Date received 08 Feb 2019
Effective date 24 Mar 2019
End date
Supported by subsidies? Yes
Local authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
Northumberland County Council
TAOs covered by route North East of England

------------------

They might be losing the evening/Sunday 19
Few more that have been, so far, omitted:
From 24th February:
From 24th March:
Registrations relating to the service changes from 7th April have also begun to appear:
(09 Feb 2019, 2:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Few more that have been, so far, omitted:
From 24th February:
From 24th March:
Registrations relating to the service changes from 7th April have also begun to appear:

If the 78/78A are changing, wouldn't be surprised if the 8 and 8A change due to interworking.
Any chance Phoenix Coaches, Stanley Travel or Gateshead Central Taxis could run the 32A?

Why has Go North East not been awarded the contract? I hoped they would keep it - polite and friendly drivers, good ticket options and service connections, nice buses to ride, free customer WiFi and Next Stop Announcements.
(09 Feb 2019, 7:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Any chance Phoenix Coaches, Stanley Travel or Gateshead Central Taxis could run the 32A?

Why has Go North East not been awarded the contract? I hoped they would keep it - polite and friendly drivers, good ticket options and service connections, nice buses to ride, free customer WiFi and Next Stop Announcements.

Also a chance Stagecoach may win the Evening/Sunday service allowing SNE to run the service all of the time.
(09 Feb 2019, 8:08 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Also a chance Stagecoach may win the Evening/Sunday service allowing SNE to run the service all of the time.

True. I don't see it happening though. I am expecting Arriva to win the contract.
(09 Feb 2019, 8:20 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]True. I don't see it happening though. I am expecting Arriva to win the contract.

Not likely since it's a Euro 6 contract.
(09 Feb 2019, 8:22 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]Not likely since it's a Euro 6 contract.

Surely Arriva has Euro 6 compliant buses? What are your thoughts? The service has always been Stagecoach and has been Arriva, Go North East or both for evenings/Sundays. I can't see anyone else winning the contract. Are Stagecoach buses Euro 6? I don't even know if Stagecoach actually bids for the evenings/Sundays 32A.