North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PB0003954/810 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Newbrough, Church Lane to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station
Service number: X84 (X85)
Service type: Hail & Ride, Limited Stop, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 29 Jun 2019

PB0003954/1089 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Chester le Street Riverside to Rainton Meadows Arena
Service number: 501 ()
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 28 Jun 2019

PB0003954/1088 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Newcastle Central Station to Newcastle Central Station
Service number: Toon Tour ()

PB0003954/1085 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Chester le Street Riverside to Durham Rail Station
Service number: 500 ()

PB0003954/1084 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Chester le Street Riverside to Newcastle, Eldon Square
Service number: 21 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
(16 May 2019, 11:45 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ](Snip)

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED

(Snip)

Have we possibly discovered 6000's home for the summer .....?  Wink
What is changing with the X84/X85 next month? What is the new Toon Tour going to be?
PB0003954/559 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Hexham Bus Station to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station
Service number: 10 (10A, 10B, 10X)
Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 27 May 2019

PB0003954/1087 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: South Hylton Metro to Heworth Metro via Sunderland
Service number: 901 ()
Effective date: 19 May 2019

PB0003954/1086 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: St James Metro to Longbenton Metro via North Shields, Monkseaton
Service number: 900 (901, 902)
Effective date: 18 May 2019
(16 May 2019, 11:45 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/810 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Newbrough, Church Lane to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station
Service number: X84 (X85)
Service type: Hail & Ride, Limited Stop, Normal Stopping

PB0003954/1089 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Chester le Street Riverside to Rainton Meadows Arena
Service number: 501 ()

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED

PB0003954/1085 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Chester le Street Riverside to Durham Rail Station
Service number: 500 ()

PB0003954/1084 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Chester le Street Riverside to Newcastle, Eldon Square
Service number: 21 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping

Toon Tour: Operates Saturdays and Sundays only from Saturday 29th June 2019. Between Saturday 20th July and Sunday 1st September, operates daily

10/10A/10B - Vary timetable 

X84/X85: Monday to Saturday  (except public holiday) - No more information atm.
With the cancellation of the 20a, reduction in frequency of the 20 and comparably reduced frequency of the X20 (in addition to the smaller vehicles being introduced), it is going to be interesting times for passengers on the route.

Appreciate the 'spin' behind the Kia Picanto Solo's and marketing that aims to encourage growth, but what about the prices?
I've been quite vocal in the past about the fares and indirectly, they've influenced my travel patterns to the extent I've not used the purple Streetlites to/from Durham for quite some time.
How many others have been put off by the prices? 
Is a funky new colour scheme and a smaller bus enough to attract growth? 
Will the Kia Picanto Solo's be able to cope with loadings during the same peaks the purple Streetlites struggled with?

Then there's the interworking pattern at Sunderland. 
Regardless of any potential delays, I'm very surprised that this interworking and the connections opened up as a result of them, hasn't been encouraged nor mentioned (as far as I can see) in any promotional literature.

Funky colours and added features are all good and well. It goes without saying, that the fares charged can have the ultimate impact. Particularly with those passengers who don't have to rely on the bus.
(17 May 2019, 6:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]With the cancellation of the 20a, reduction in frequency of the 20 and comparably reduced frequency of the X20 (in addition to the smaller vehicles being introduced), it is going to be interesting times for passengers on the route.

Appreciate the 'spin' behind the Kia Picanto Solo's and marketing that aims to encourage growth, but what about the prices?
I've been quite vocal in the past about the fares and indirectly, they've influenced my travel patterns to the extent I've not used the purple Streetlites to/from Durham for quite some time.
Will the Kia Picanto Solo's be able to cope with loadings during the same peaks the purple Streetlites struggled with?

Regardless of any potential delays, I'm very surprised that this interworking and the connections opened up as a result of them, hasn't been encouraged nor mentioned (as far as I can see) in any promotional literature.

Funky colours and added features are all good and well. It goes without saying, that the fares charged can have the ultimate impact. Particularly with those passengers who don't have to rely on the bus.

Reduction in frequency of the X20? There was only a few peak workings. Now there X20 every 30mins plus 5 20s an hour. That's 7 an hour between Durham and Sunderland during the day
Wonder where the spare Streetlites from the 20/20A are going then?

None of the new timetables show a service being upgraded to Streetlites.....

Also which Solo's are going on the 33/33A?
(17 May 2019, 7:09 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Reduction in frequency of the X20? There was only a few peak workings. Now there X20 every 30mins plus 5 20s an hour. That's 7 an hour between Durham and Sunderland during the day

Thats why I said 'comparable'.

The 'new' X20 is every 30mins.
The 20a was every 20.

So on the common sections of route, there is a comparable reduction in frequency.
(17 May 2019, 6:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Appreciate the 'spin' behind the Kia Picanto Solo's and marketing that aims to encourage growth, but what about the prices?

I would say I travel to Sunderland less these days, and a big part of that is because I have to get a two zone ticket, whereas I can reasonably get to Newcastle and the Metrocentre. What has Sunderland got to offer that Newcastle and the Metrocentre doesn't, which would warrant me wanting to pay more to go there?

I think the changes to the 20/X20 are largely positive, but the peak loadings on those X20s make me a bit nervous! I've seen them every day for the past 5/6 years, and I just cannot see them not struggling with loadings. Especially if the 20 prior to it goes missing.
(17 May 2019, 7:41 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I would say I travel to Sunderland less these days, and a big part of that is because I have to get a two zone ticket, whereas I can reasonably get to Newcastle and the Metrocentre. What has Sunderland got to offer that Newcastle and the Metrocentre doesn't, which would warrant me wanting to pay more to go there?

I think the changes to the 20/X20 are largely positive, but the peak loadings on those X20s make me a bit nervous! I've seen them every day for the past 5/6 years, and I just cannot see them not struggling with loadings. Especially if the 20 prior to it goes missing.

Some peak time journeys will still be operated by streetlites (supposedly)
(17 May 2019, 7:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder where the spare Streetlites from the 20/20A are going then?

None of the new timetables show a service being upgraded to Streetlites.....

Only thing which can be linked to Streetlites would be the 64/95 timetable which shows all the relevant feature symbols, but that wouldn’t have been my first choice.
(17 May 2019, 8:50 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Only thing which can be linked to Streetlites would be the 64/95 timetable which shows all the relevant feature symbols, but that wouldn’t have been my first choice.
The bus is right for the 64/95, the features aren't.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
(18 May 2019, 6:36 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The bus is right for the 64/95, the features aren't.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Never mind, read it wrong! 

Can't seem to delete posts?

Edit:

Will Deptford be running the 18:12pm service 8 from  Hylton Retail Park to Park Lane, if so what will be allocated?
(17 May 2019, 6:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]With the cancellation of the 20a, reduction in frequency of the 20 and comparably reduced frequency of the X20 (in addition to the smaller vehicles being introduced), it is going to be interesting times for passengers on the route.

I wonder if they'll drop the price of the X21 from Bishop to Tindale. Arriva only charge £1.40 and GNE charge £1.50 (well, they did on the 18 so I assume it'll be the same).
I know if I didn't have my monthly pass I'd probably still go for the Arriva to save that 10p
(17 May 2019, 7:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Thats why I said 'comparable'.

The 'new' X20 is every 30mins.
The 20a was every 20.

So on the common sections of route, there is a comparable reduction in frequency.

The 35 will be diverted via dairy lane and Rainton bridge every 30mins increasing the service to every 15mins in that area opposed to every 20mins.
(18 May 2019, 8:30 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will Deptford be running the 18:12pm service 8 from  Hylton Retail Park to Park Lane, if so what will be allocated?

Yes, they'll be running that journey. Off memory I think it's a Streetlite.
(18 May 2019, 12:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, they'll be running that journey. Off memory I think it's a Streetlite.

Yes that trip will be operated by a Black Cats Streetlite as it runs off a 39A from Doxford International - Park Lane.
(18 May 2019, 9:37 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]The 35 will be diverted via dairy lane and Rainton bridge every 30mins increasing the service to every 15mins in that area opposed to every 20mins.

Brilliant. 
It still doesn't alter the fact there's a comparable drop in frequency between the 20a and X20 though. 

Even if you include the 35, you've the 36 being cancelled and the 71 not going along Dairy Lane.

So still, a comparable drop in frequency. 
Fewer seats ph, fewer vehicles ph. 

Now:
* 4 - 6ph.
* 20a/x20 - 3ph
* 36 - 2ph
Total 11 buses ph, using a mix of full size and midi. 
Buses to Durham, South Shields, Chester, Heworth and Castletown. 

Future:
* 4 - 6ph
* X20 - 2ph
* 35 - 2ph
Total 10 buses ph, using a mix of full size and mini. 
Buses to Durham, Sunderland, Boldon Cinema, Heworth and Low Moorsley.
(18 May 2019, 1:10 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Brilliant. 
It still doesn't alter the fact there's a comparable drop in frequency between the 20a and X20 though. 

Even if you include the 35, you've the 36 being cancelled and the 71 not going along Dairy Lane.

So still, a comparable drop in frequency. 
Fewer seats ph, fewer vehicles ph. 

Now:
* 4 - 6ph.
* 20a/x20 - 3ph
* 36 - 2ph
Total 11 buses ph, using a mix of full size and midi. 
Buses to Durham, South Shields, Chester, Heworth and Castletown. 

Future:
* 4 - 6ph
* X20 - 2ph
* 35 - 2ph
Total 10 buses ph, using a mix of full size and mini. 
Buses to Durham, Sunderland, Boldon Cinema, Heworth and Low Moorsley.

Well a reduction of 1 bus per hour is shocking along this corridor. I dont know how people will cope!