North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(13 Apr 2014, 9:12 pm)47406 wrote [ -> ]I co owned 4700

Andrew

Wish I could get one of them back, they were the dogs danglers with the Volvo power unit.
(13 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]And;

- No ECU's
- No DPF's
- No emission regulations
- Powerful engines
- Workhorses
- Built to last
- No tech or electrics

The body panels were designed to be easily replaced if the need arose too.

Off the road, damaged panel replaced and back on the road in a day.
(13 Apr 2014, 6:07 pm)RGR756V wrote [ -> ]You are wasting your time going to Crook to see GNE buses - after 0800 they are all out on the road with the two spares parked in Bishop Auckland bus station

Yes they are all out after 8am.... all back at Crook by 735pm ish , all 10 are parked outside in the yard overnite. None are parked inside anymore
A driver on the X36 this morning telling my mam that the service is incredibly unprofitable and that it won't exist for much longer. He said he was gutted because he quite likes doing the X36 too.

She came back home and asked what was going on as she likes to use the X36...

Nowt but a load of crap as far as I'm concerned (and that's what I've told her), but slightly annoying that drivers are telling passengers it's going to be axed (esp. when no VOSA registrations have been put in to cancel the service or revise it).
(14 Apr 2014, 9:25 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]A driver on the X36 this morning telling my mam that the service is incredibly unprofitable and that it won't exist for much longer. He said he was gutted because he quite likes doing the X36 too.

Nowt but a load of crap as far as I'm concerned (and that's what I've told her), but slightly annoying that drivers are telling passengers it's going to be axed (esp. when no VOSA registrations have been put in to cancel the service or revise it).

I hope not, it's just joined the Fast Cat brand, every time i see the X36, it has a decent amount of passengers on.
Why would it join a brand to be then dropped months later?
Fleet News:

Volvo Olympian 3821: S821 OFT has been withdrawn from Stanley.

DAF SB120/Wright 8249: NA52 BVF has been sold to Alpha Recovery, Weetslade.
On VOSA this morning:

PB0002400/483 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Seaham, Byron Place and Framwellgate Moor, Dryburn View given service number 265/865 effective from 15-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/561 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between GREAT PARK VILLAGE and NEWCASTLE CITY CENTRE given service number X40/40A effective from 15-Jun-2014. To amend Route
(14 Apr 2014, 9:32 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I hope not, it's just joined the Fast Cat brand, every time i see the X36, it has a decent amount of passengers on.
Why would it join a brand to be then dropped months later?

The X36 will be up for the 6 month review at the end of May 2014
(14 Apr 2014, 11:10 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]The X36 will be up for the 6 month review at the end of May 2014

Still can't see them chucking it so soon. Gotta think, circa £10k would have been spent repainting them...
I know they were going to be repainted anyway, but the additional vinyl cost.
(14 Apr 2014, 11:10 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]The X36 will be up for the 6 month review at the end of May 2014

Not sure on how its doing on profit wise but every time iv'e seen it, its had a decent load, i hope its not dropped from the fast cat's brand and to hourly.
(14 Apr 2014, 9:25 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]A driver on the X36 this morning telling my mam that the service is incredibly unprofitable and that it won't exist for much longer. He said he was gutted because he quite likes doing the X36 too.

Can't see the X36 being withdrawn but I'd die laughing if they did as it was GNE's obsession with that which killed off X3
(14 Apr 2014, 11:29 am)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Can't see the X36 being withdrawn but I'd die laughing if they did as it was GNE's obsession with that which killed off X3

Was thinking it may have been the drivers opinion, rather than an official line.

The x3 decker (excellent use of resources) that has just passed me in Newcastle was carrying nowt but fresh air.

Mind, the x36's I have seen today weren't carrying decent loads either.
I don't know the process, but in my opinion, any review after 6 month should not see any service axed or massively changed. It should simply highlight that there's an issue, and an action plan should be put in place to review after month 9 and again at 12. Maybe it's as simple as the marketing being wrong, or departure times being inconvenient by minutes. Who knows?
There seemed to be issues with the 56.
Saw a number running in pairs and some being turned around short at Gateshead over the course of today.
(14 Apr 2014, 5:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]There seemed to be issues with the 56.
Saw a number running in pairs and some being turned around short at Gateshead over the course of today.

I've noticed that before as well, one time two were parked in their stand at Gateshead heading to Sunderland and as soon as they left with about ten seconds of each other a third one came in and was gone within thirty seconds. They probably all joined up again at Wrekenton Bus Link. Does the timetable need altering?, with the 21 they couldn't care less if two were waiting in the same stand at Chester because there's so many and so much frequency they almost don't have to worry about timetables (well, they obviously do because they have to do surveys and the timetables need to run to time, but you know what I mean Smile)
Doesnt help that theres 2 sets of traffic lights at Nissan
(14 Apr 2014, 7:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Doesnt help that theres 2 sets of traffic lights at Nissan

And a Temporary Set at Springwell, and then a further Several Sets from there into Newcastle, And however many heading from Nissan into Sunderland.
(14 Apr 2014, 7:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Doesnt help that theres 2 sets of traffic lights at Nissan

It seemed to be loadings more than anything.
The one I was on, left on time and was caught up and overtaken 15mins into the trip - before any roadworks.

No idea if others had the same issues or if the lights at Nissan or Springwell were causing issues.
The x1s seemed ok, so Springwell mustn't be causing too many issues.
(14 Apr 2014, 7:49 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I've noticed that before as well, one time two were parked in their stand at Gateshead heading to Sunderland and as soon as they left with about ten seconds of each other a third one came in and was gone within thirty seconds. They probably all joined up again at Wrekenton Bus Link. Does the timetable need altering?, with the 21 they couldn't care less if two were waiting in the same stand at Chester because there's so many and so much frequency they almost don't have to worry about timetables (well, they obviously do because they have to do surveys and the timetables need to run to time, but you know what I mean Smile)

For the 21 I honestly think having some stop on Pilgrim Street would solve the Solution of them Running in 2 and 3's, even having the 21 operating to Durham Every 10 Minutes rather than Every 15 would perhaps solve the problem, Overall I would the Short Journeys to Chester are the Problem to be Honest.

As for the 56, basically depends on Traffic and how many sets of Traffic Lights it Hits along the way, and of course the amount of Passengers who get on/off at Every Single Stop also adds to the Journey Time, But looking at it from an Enthusiast point of view, there much you can do to then improve the Reliability of the Service, I can think of Two things, 1.) Limited Stopping Service - 2.) Dual Door Operation - I think GNE missed a Trick with the 56 in regards to that when it got B9's, you could argue the same for the 21 also.
(14 Apr 2014, 8:10 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]It seemed to be loadings more than anything.
The one I was on, left on time and was caught up and overtaken 15mins into the trip - before any roadworks.

No idea if others had the same issues or if the lights at Nissan or Springwell were causing issues.
The x1s seemed ok, so Springwell mustn't be causing too many issues.

Only issue I had with the X1 today was getting stuck behind 3 Horse/Carts from the top of Washington Highway to Wrekenton and also getting stuck at the Traffic Lights at Springwell as a Result, when taking my Nephew Home to my Brother.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40