North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(08 Apr 2014, 8:21 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The first of the "Cobalt Connect" OmniCitys (5245) has not yet returned - it is still undergoing extensive refurbishment.

Thanks for the update, any idea when it will return?
(08 Apr 2014, 8:22 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks for the update, any idea when it will return?

It has been gone since March 21st - I hadn't expected it to take this long...
As far as I know, there isn't a date set in stone for how long the work will take or when the first vehicle will return.
(08 Apr 2014, 8:24 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It has been gone since March 21st - I hadn't expected it to take this long...
As far as I know, there isn't a date set in stone for how long the work will take or when the first vehicle will return.

Being gone a while then, hopefully its back soon.
(08 Apr 2014, 8:26 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Being gone a while then, hopefully its back soon.

4911 has been on the 17 daily too, not sure what's been covering for 5245 on the 19. I've saw a red B10BLE a couple of times though.
(08 Apr 2014, 8:32 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]4911 has been on the 17 daily too, not sure what's been covering for 5245 on the 19. I've saw a red B10BLE a couple of times though.

Looks like it might take a while for all of them to be done.

Which ones will go next?
(08 Apr 2014, 6:37 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Yeah it is. A week today that incident happened. I'm also not sure which bus it was but the 822 usually uses a Northern decker in the morning which I think heads back up to Consett and goes onto X70/X71s. As I said, im not sure though.

If it was a Northern Decker, it could explain the Olympian being used the other day in Lanchester (or somewhere).
Think there was a little comment/debate about the step entrance bus being used by someone, rather than a easy access vehicle.

On a different note, does anyone know if 4990 is off the road?
Ain't seen it for a while
(08 Apr 2014, 10:36 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]If it was a Northern Decker, it could explain the Olympian being used the other day in Lanchester (or somewhere).
Think there was a little comment/debate about the step entrance bus being used by someone, rather than a easy access vehicle.

Was out this morning - not sure if it still is or not.
On VOSA today.

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and DurhamBus Station given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 01-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/406 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, City Centre and Silksworth, Church View given service number 42 effective from 01-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.
4906 seems to have a dodgy blind today.
(07 Apr 2014, 11:33 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]i agree X3 should be axed it has been useless it hardly gets used not making enough money on the plus side in Monkwearmouth where it terminates it has a beautiful ground in the background i am sorry if any Newcastle Supporters are reading this but Sunderland Stadium Of Light is beautiful X3 i have seen it empty most of the time does not need a double decker a MPD would be ideal but i can see the X3 going within the next changes when it went to Park Lane it was well used but having a decker on it killed the route a lot i much prefered the 4 Citaros on there they were a cracking bus and a nice smooth ride

X3 has as many inside the bus as the Stadium of Light will have in it in the Championship next season, eh Barry !
(07 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I see that the (2014) AD122 timetable now starts and finishes at Hexham bus station rather than Newcastle at the ends of the day, so, presumably, it no longer serves the military road east of Chollerford as it runs through Acomb.

I wonder if it will visit Hexham Tourist Information office in Wentworth carpark to pick up passengers(which is where it used to start and finish during the day)?

No mention of ongoing connections to Boness on Solway or Carlisle (other than via Haltwhistle railway station).

Will it still carry cycles?

I suspect that this is out of date:- http://www.hadrianswallshop.co.uk/produc...r-ticket-/
and is based on last season's price of £9 for a day rover (which included Tynedale Links), and that this no longer applies:-

The Hadrian's Wall Bus has been a bit of a last minute dan thing and its ended up with just one bus on it for the time being, hence the reduced timetable to run between Hexham and Haltwhistle only. It will run via Acomb and will terminate in Hexham Bus Station and not serve the TIC (free car parkers can walk to Hexham Rail Station to board).

There aren't any connections at Haltwhistle for Westbound journeys and it won't carry bikes.

That Hadrian's Wall Shop link needs taking off (its in progress) and whilst Andreos 1 doesn't like the fares, the vast majority of past users are visitors staying in Newcastle (from survey data) and the fares are geared around them - the £15 Rover + ticket still works out well price wise if they had to get the train to Hexham then the AD122. As a lot of the services funding has disappeared (from both sides of the hill) the fares have had to have a bit of a review to keep the thing going.

Hopefully, it'll get a boost for the Summer Season as there's a few plans, but its been very last minute so far and fingers crossed that it'll do ok.
(08 Apr 2014, 10:36 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]If it was a Northern Decker, it could explain the Olympian being used the other day in Lanchester (or somewhere).

That was me complaining about the Decker, makes sense now though.
(08 Apr 2014, 7:42 pm)busman101 wrote [ -> ]X3 has as many inside the bus as the Stadium of Light will have in it in the Championship next season, eh Barry !

correction its Bazza not Barry
(08 Apr 2014, 8:04 pm)busman101 wrote [ -> ]The Hadrian's Wall Bus has been a bit of a last minute dan thing and its ended up with just one bus on it for the time being, hence the reduced timetable to run between Hexham and Haltwhistle only. It will run via Acomb and will terminate in Hexham Bus Station and not serve the TIC (free car parkers can walk to Hexham Rail Station to board).

There aren't any connections at Haltwhistle for Westbound journeys and it won't carry bikes.

That Hadrian's Wall Shop link needs taking off (its in progress) and whilst Andreos 1 like the fares, the vast majority of past users are visitors staying in Newcastle (from survey data) and the fares are geared around them - the £15 Rover + ticket still works out well price wise if they had to get the train to Hexham then the AD122. As a lot of the services funding has disappeared (from both sides of the hill) the fares have had to have a bit of a review to keep the thing going.

Hopefully, it'll get a boost for the Summer Season as there's a few plans, but its been very last minute so far and fingers crossed that it'll do ok.

Correction. Its Andreos Constantoplous, not Andreos 1

(08 Apr 2014, 8:16 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]That was me complaining about the Decker, makes sense now though.

Was just surmising to be honest.
The two could be connected, it could be totally unrelated.
(08 Apr 2014, 8:24 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Correction. Its Andreos Constantoplous, not Andreos 1

I've been wondering but go on then.....why Constanppolousifkahjdfjdifj?
(08 Apr 2014, 8:35 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]I've been wondering but go on then.....why Constanppolousifkahjdfjdifj?

Its to do with the family lineage that goes back to the Isle of Lesbos.

The family moved a few generations ago, as per the islands reputation, the chances of settling down with a female and carrying on the Constantoplous name, was remote.

We still have connections to Lesbos though.
Prince Phillip's flock of sheep are related to ours and often meet on the mountains.
Nikos Dabizas works on the Olive plantation and George Georgiadis has a job in our Feta cheese plant.
(08 Apr 2014, 8:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Its to do with the family lineage that goes back to the Isle of Lesbos.

The family moved a few generations ago, as per the islands reputation, the chances of settling down with a female and carrying on the Constantoplous name, was remote.

We still have connections to Lesbos though.
Prince Phillip's flock of sheep are related to ours and often meet on the mountains.
Nikos Dabizas works on the Olive plantation and George Georgiadis has a job in our Feta cheese plant.

thought Nikos Dabizas was a former Newcastle United player who was then transfered to Leicester City but i can easy pronounce your name easily its my sisters lads name i still cannot pronounce i have difficulty with the name
(08 Apr 2014, 8:24 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Correction. Its Andreos Constantoplous, not Andreos 1

My chances of spelling your surname right are very remote & I can cope much better with 1 !!!

I once paid for some fencing for the garden thanks to a Nikos Dabizas goal I had a bet on - very good it was too
(08 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]correction its Bazza not Barry

I was right the first time !
Why they put deckers on X3 sum times no1 is on it put the deckers on another route which is busy see this bus service getting withdrawn shame they can't do somthing to it extend it to like of metrocentre r somthing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40