North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(11 Apr 2014, 4:28 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]That's strange I didn't think 524 would end up Yellow.

Enables other MPDs to substitute . . .
(11 Apr 2014, 10:44 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]524 is now yellow, heading to Hexham now.

Nah that's just rust
524 is now on flickr in the yellow at Hexham
(11 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]What has the Avenue Vivian seperatists done noe...threatning drivers with an atomic wedgie or shooting vehicle with spud guns Big Grin

Haven't parked their cars properly again by the sounds of it.
If they're going to cause disruption, then at least do it properly like the FPF...
(11 Apr 2014, 2:32 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]The 71 is omitting Avenue Vivian in Fencehouses again.

Off topic, but is there any reason why Avenue Vivian is named as such?

Presumably, it's not just there to give Fencehouses a Franco-Continental feel otherwise you'd have Route de la Sedgeletch, Rue de Front or La Terrace de Britannia.
(11 Apr 2014, 6:08 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Off topic, but is there any reason why Avenue Vivian is named as such?

Presumably, it's not just there to give Fencehouses a Franco-Continental feel otherwise you'd have Route de la Sedgeletch, Rue de Front or La Terrace de Britannia.

I've always kind of been puzzled by that, I mean unless the place has some kind of local purpose (I think it does have some kind of importance in that area), you would have thought it would be called Vivian Avenue.
(11 Apr 2014, 6:08 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Off topic, but is there any reason why Avenue Vivian is named as such?

Nee idea.
It appears there are Avenue Vivien's in Scunthorpe and London too.

A quick look on google maps, reveal that all of the other streets in that estate are named normally.

Another quick search of google, revealed that there is an actual action group in Fencehouses and not just a figment of my often bored imagination.
http://houghton-le-spring.cylex-uk.co.uk...24369.html
FAG are based on Avenue Vivien too!
(11 Apr 2014, 6:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]FAG are based on Avenue Vivien too!

What? The Film Actors Guild? No wonder Fencehouses has no buses in the evening with it being 'so ronrey [sic]' and everything.
Will 524 be branded?
(11 Apr 2014, 8:00 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Will 524 be branded?

Probably although with it going yellow it may fall under the Tyndale Links brand as mentioned a few days ago meaning any MPD can be allocated and not just 524.
Looking at Bazza's photograph https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/13...otostream/ there is an AD122 branding in front of the driver.

Is this a moveable board? (I presume that the destination blind will read AD122 Hadrian Wall Bus)
(11 Apr 2014, 8:02 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Probably although with it going yellow it may fall under the Tyndale Links brand as mentioned a few days ago meaning any MPD can be allocated and not just 524.

I would have thought GNE will probably try to keep 524 allocated to the AD122 as it is older than the other MPD's at Hexham and also, as Bazza's photo shows, it has branding for the AD122 on its dashboard.

Edit: G-CPTN beat me to it Sad
(11 Apr 2014, 6:42 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]What? The Film Actors Guild? No wonder Fencehouses has no buses in the evening with it being 'so ronrey [sic]' and everything.

That will explain why Matt Damon has been seen in Fencehouses Golden Fry, A Lo Cantonese Takeaway and the 71!
People were wondering why he was walking from Houghton late one night - either his buzzfare was turned down on the 79a or he didn't have the extra few quid to buy the additional ticket.
(11 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Looking at Bazza's photograph https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/13...otostream/ there is an AD122 branding in front of the driver.

Is this a moveable board? (I presume that the destination blind will read AD122 Hadrian Wall Bus)

Same board used on the launch the other day I'm sure. A budget version of the Drifter surfboard, if you like.
(11 Apr 2014, 8:23 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]I would have thought GNE will probably try to keep 524 allocated to the AD122 as it is older than the other MPD's at Hexham and also, as Bazza's photo shows, it has branding for the AD122 on its dashboard.

i think it will be branded as Hadrian Wall AD122 that means now Hexham still has 2 branded buses to brand 524 and the obvious 5210 which will any day be branded but once 8228 is ready for the backyard aka the withdrawing shed but that SPD has lasted longer than expected one driver said a few weeks ago that it was already sold to Ensign but i took it with a pinch of salt until it is true cannot wait to see 5210 in its new livered brand but question for Dan when is it getting branded?
(11 Apr 2014, 8:23 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]I would have thought GNE will probably try to keep 524 allocated to the AD122 as it is older than the other MPD's at Hexham and also, as Bazza's photo shows, it has branding for the AD122 on its dashboard.

You would of thought but with it been a contracted service anybody would of thought that the livery would look like this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/williamson...nRQ-d5CocE as both classic and Alba used this livery when they operated the service. The Durham Park and Ride is also an example of this. When arriva gained the contract from Scarlet Band exactly the same livery was used and I imagine will be used again once all of the Lindisfarne Gospels livery has been removed.

It is just a bit of speculation that's all. Its just with it going yellow which in theory may give us a clue but do you really want to send a 52 reg MPD that has sat still for a good few months now onto a route everyday or would you prefer a 53 reg MPD that has been active pretty much everyday? I would much prefer the latter. Only my opinion and I kind of went off track a bit Tongue.
(11 Apr 2014, 10:13 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]You would of thought but with it been a contracted service anybody would of thought that the livery would look like this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/williamson...nRQ-d5CocE as both classic and Alba used this livery when they operated the service. The Durham Park and Ride is also an example of this. When arriva gained the contract from Scarlet Band exactly the same livery was used and I imagine will be used again once all of the Lindisfarne Gospels livery has been removed.

It is just a bit of speculation that's all. Its just with it going yellow which in theory may give us a clue but do you really want to send a 52 reg MPD that has sat still for a good few months now onto a route everyday or would you prefer a 53 reg MPD that has been active pretty much everyday? I would much prefer the latter. Only my opinion and I kind of went off track a bit Tongue.

P&R Contract is up for renewal soon, so not sure about that.
The Tynedale Link MPDs have had a hard life running the 687 when it ran from Hexham to Newcastle via Wylam - the country lanes have taken their toll (hitting verges to avoid oncoming lorries - which still happens between Hexham and Corbridge).
I don't know how many they had or still have - they seem to use 'full size' buses now for 74 and 688 (as well as the X84).
(11 Apr 2014, 8:02 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Probably although with it going yellow it may fall under the Tyndale Links brand as mentioned a few days ago meaning any MPD can be allocated and not just 524.

Branding has never gotten in the way before. Tongue

What you suggest would be logical though, but I'd assume the parties paying for the service would want their stamp on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40