North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
4931 has the two line side display! The answer to the two-week-old question! Tongue

You can just about see it in this photo by Bazza
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/138...otostream/
(22 Apr 2014, 5:10 pm)RGR756V wrote [ -> ]I'm afraid it is. He passed this morning after a heart attack. Ian was a bit of a marmite guy and I know he ruffled a few feathers in places but his knowledge of GNE and Northern Group before it was unsurpassed. He was a true gent and will be sorely missed.

My condolences to his family...Sad
(22 Apr 2014, 6:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]It is indeed, see here

(22 Apr 2014, 6:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Yes, a Siemens system.

I believe it is, most AVL systems are using ETM's now.

Cheers both. I take it the Siemens system didn't work as intended? It's good to see AVL investment. Hopefully we'll see more next bus displays at bus stops to compliment it.
(22 Apr 2014, 6:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Yes, a Siemens system.

I believe it is, most AVL systems are using ETM's now.

So why do they need government money if it is already fitted?
(22 Apr 2014, 7:10 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]So why do they need government money if it is already fitted?

Its not
(22 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Providing these operators are still re-investing back into the company (i.e. by purchasing new vehicles), I really can't see the issue with operators receiving these 'financial incentives'. You could argue that if they didn't receive these incentives, we wouldn't have as many brand new vehicles (which do benefit customers - greater reliability, on-board facilities such as free Wi-Fi etc)..?

Given that we discussed him for so long in relation to Go North East, it does feel somewhat appropriate to mention that I've just read a post on Facebook about news of Ian's death.
I'm not 100% sure if it's the same Ian Hignett, but I'm guessing it is.

Never liked the mans attitude or how easy he could wind people up or all the shite he posted on GNE FB page, but hearing of his death saddens me a little, I wont say too much as I was brought up not to disrespect death as they cant defend themselves, but my thoughts and prayers go out to those who have survived him...Does anyone know how old he was out of interest?

RIP Ian
My sincere condolences to Ian Hignett's family and friends.

Whilst a figure of fun and one that maybe irked some of us I'm sure his intentions were good natured and he did seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of local bus services.

GT
MPD 524 was operating Hexham-Corbridge-Hexham 687 today.

The driver said it was 'a cracking little bus'.
(22 Apr 2014, 8:07 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]MPD 524 was operating Hexham-Corbridge-Hexham 687 today.

The driver said it was 'a cracking little bus'.

Was a gun being pointed in his direction when he said this?!
(22 Apr 2014, 8:14 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Was a gun being pointed in his direction when he said this?!

Not at all and an honest man I have found.

(He showed great restraint when two 'upper class' pensioners verbally abused him for asking them to re-swipe their passes when they stayed on beyond the turnaround point of the circular route. I spoke up for him with his manager.)
(22 Apr 2014, 8:43 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Not at all and an honest man I have found.

(He showed great restraint when two 'upper class' pensioners verbally abused him for asking them to re-swipe their passes when they stayed on beyond the turnaround point of the circular route. I spoke up for him with his manager.)

Surprised he didn't just throw them off. I would have done if that was me. So many people get shouted at these days for doing their jobs. Im sure these pensioners would be complaining if they didn't have buses so at least respect the companies rules is what I say.
I had a ride on red Versa 5389 yesterday whilst it was on Crusader 27 duties. My phone automatically connected to the free wifi on-board.

I wish that Go North East would put some form of sticker/sub branding either on the exterior or interior of the newer 'red spare' vehicles to indicate that free wifi is available on these vehicles, like they have done with the branded new vehicles.

It seems like a semi-wasted investment if customers do not know that they can use free wifi on these vehicles. Hopefully something may come about when the new corporate livery is rolled out.
Mod note:
At the request of Robert, I have deleted all posts in relation to 3869.
(23 Apr 2014, 10:15 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/s...us-service

3964 gets all the glory in these photoshoots mind! Everyone seems to love it!
(23 Apr 2014, 10:22 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]3964 gets all the glory in these photoshoots mind! Everyone seems to love it!

Standing still is pretty much it's standard position mind. :p
Pre-booked seating would put me off have to say.

I occasionally go up to KP but I wouldn't tie myself down.
(23 Apr 2014, 10:56 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Pre-booked seating would put me off have to say.

I occasionally go up to KP but I wouldn't tie myself down.

It's a good idea for prospective season ticket holders though. Coming from somewhere as far as Durham is decent for a 6 quid return, and likely to convince fence sitters to purchase a season ticket.

I do perhaps think the club could have worked out some sort of system similar to magpie mover that NTL support, in addition to these buses. Everyone I know who holds an NUFC season ticket has a magpie mover.
(24 Apr 2014, 5:28 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]As BJ10VUS has just mentioned in the Rare and Odd Workings Thread, Go North East has announced the launch of the new Falcons Flyer match day bus services in partnership with Newcastle Falcons.

The services, which will begin operating for Newcastle Falcons’ final home game of the season against Exeter on Saturday 10 May, are designed to provide enhanced transport options direct to Kingston Park with routes covering Durham, Hexham, Morpeth and Whitley Bay.

Route Information

F1 from Durham

Service F1 will begin at North Road in Durham, stopping at University Hospital, Framwellgate Moor Salutation, Plawsworth Red Lion, outside Coral bookmakers in Chester-le-Street, Washington Galleries and Metrocentre Interchange.

F2 from Hexham

Service F2 will begin at Hexham Bus Station, stopping at Hill Street in Corbridge, The Wellington in Riding Mill, Stocksfield Rail Station, Prudhoe Front Street, Crawcrook Fox and Hounds and Blaydon Bus Station.

F3 from Morpeth

Service F3 will start at Morpeth Bus Station, before continuing on to Ridge Terrace in Bedlington and the following places in Cramlington; Brockwell Centre, Parkside, Shops and Southfield Green.

F4 from Whitley Bay

Service F4 will begin outside HSBC on Whitley Road, going on to stop at Allendale Place in Tynemouth, Albion Road in North Shields, Billy Mill Roundabout and Battle Hill Coast Road.

More information on http://www.simplygo.com/news/falconsflyer/

You're almost 24 hours late. Tongue Was posted about 5 posts ago in this thread.
(24 Apr 2014, 5:51 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]You're almost 24 hours late. Tongue Was posted about 5 posts ago in this thread.

Appears so, I seen BJ10VUS's Post, and then went copied it over, without even reading the posts above....my bad, might as well delete my original post, shame I'll miss this as i'll be Home Bound Recovering from Eye Surgery but always go down The Galleries and get a Photo I suppose, If i'm feeling ok. Hopefully these Services will be in Full Operation for Next Season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40