North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(06 Apr 2014, 2:38 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]According to Model Bus Zone, Exclusive First Editions are due to make a limited edition model of 8289 on the 35. Does anybody think they may stop that idea seeing as it's now been withdrawn (and with Ensign?). Also, have they abandoned 5281 in the Red Arrows Citaro livery that they planned years ago, seeing as it's now a Blaydon Racer and they haven't yet got a release date after all this time? Looking forward to the 21 though, but I think there'll be a mad rush for it seeing its limited edition and only 50% are going to Durham and the other half are blinded up for Newcastle.

Wasn't the dart 8231 rather than 8289? 8289 is also not at Ensign anymore and is with redline as seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/k4016td/13...FGs-3avAXg
(06 Apr 2014, 2:48 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Wasn't the dart 8231 rather than 8289?

It was 8233 rather than 8289, but following complaints of it being the wrong model of bus if it was 8233, they changed it to 8289 - removing the old-style Northern logo from above the doors in the process.

Also creates an error as 8289 should have had a Chester destination display opposed to one from Deptford, and should have also had LEDs rather than flipdot.
(06 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It was 8233 rather than 8289, but following complaints of it being the wrong model of bus if it was 8233, they changed it to 8289 - removing the old-style Northern logo from above the doors in the process.

Also creates an error as 8289 should have had a Chester destination display opposed to one from Deptford, and should have also had LEDs rather than flipdot.

Ah, I knew it was one of the 823-s. Just chose the wrong one. I wasn't aware of this change to be honest but going back to Marcus' point about there been a mad rush for the Angel, I bet you at the Metrocentre rally next month at least 1 model of the bus is been sold at one of the stalls and I shall be there as always to see if my prediction is right Tongue.
(06 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Ah, I knew it was one of the 823-s. Just chose the wrong one. I wasn't aware of this change to be honest but going back to Marcus' point about there been a mad rush for the Angel, I bet you at the Metrocentre rally next month at least 1 model of the bus is been sold at one of the stalls and I shall be there as always to see if my prediction is right Tongue.

Can't wait for the Metrocentre rally, I've been for the past few years but never really spent much time there nor blended in with the other enthusiasts, just sort of looked around then went off. I agree with you, there probably will be a prototype or something being sold there for promotional purposes. Hopefully more than one Tongue
(06 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It was 8233 rather than 8289, but following complaints of it being the wrong model of bus if it was 8233, they changed it to 8289 - removing the old-style Northern logo from above the doors in the process.

Although the ones shown must just be prototypes, I really do hope they put a bit more of an interior in that just grey plastic seats. Also seeing as 8289 was mainly allocated to the 71 on top of it's role as a spare vehicle, hopefully they might change it when actual production starts. Also, seeing as the 21 is due for November, they might just display one at the Metrocentre Rally instead of actually selling them, but who knows. Anyway Dan, hows the fleet lists thing coming along, the only reason I haven't put any new comments on that thread is because nobody else has. Smile
(06 Apr 2014, 3:36 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Although the ones shown must just be prototypes, I really do hope they put a bit more of an interior in that just grey plastic seats. Also seeing as 8289 was mainly allocated to the 71 on top of it's role as a spare vehicle, hopefully they might change it when actual production starts. Also, seeing as the 21 is due for November, they might just display one at the Metrocentre Rally instead of actually selling them, but who knows. Anyway Dan, hows the fleet lists thing coming along, the only reason I haven't put any new comments on that thread is because nobody else has. Smile

I haven't edited them for a few days now, but I'm going to catch up with all of the latest movements and then start on the vehicle history section again after I've uploaded some photos to Flickr. Smile
(06 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I haven't edited them for a few days now, but I'm going to catch up with all of the latest movements and then start on the vehicle history section again after I've uploaded some photos to Flickr. Smile

How on earth do you fit all this around your studies? Smile
(06 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]How on earth do you fit all this around your studies? Smile

I don't manage particularly well! Tongue

I'm uploading photos from September 2013 at the moment, and I'm backlogged by around 3,500 photographs in total!
(06 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]How on earth do you fit all this around your studies? Smile

because Dan is a genius he knows the nuts and crannies of a bus
(06 Apr 2014, 10:57 am)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I suppose Beamish could pay Go North East to advertise for them on the side of a bus anyway, even if it isn't exclusively for the 128.

IIRC, Beamish don't pay for any of the branding or advertising on GNE buses as they are a tier 1 corporate partner to Beamish
(06 Apr 2014, 2:48 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Wasn't the dart 8231 rather than 8289? 8289 is also not at Ensign anymore and is with redline as seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/k4016td/13...FGs-3avAXg

This particular one is a 'premium' one
A sentence I never thought I would see or hear in relation to a Dart...
When will 8228 be withdrawn from service?
(06 Apr 2014, 6:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]When will 8228 be withdrawn from service?

As soon as 5210 is branded.

Because Hexham need two full sized single deckers as per contractual requirements, 8228 needs to remain in service until 5210 is branded. 5210 needs to be VOR for the entire day when it is receiving its vinyls for "Tynedale Links" which means Riverside would have to loan a bus to Hexham for the day to cover for it if 8228 were withdrawn - and they can barely get the allocations right without being minus one bus! Tongue

Now that all "South Tyne" branded Versas are complete, 5210 should be receiving branding very shortly.
(06 Apr 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As soon as 5210 is branded.

Because Hexham need two full sized single deckers as per contractual requirements, 8228 needs to remain in service until 5210 is branded. 5210 needs to be VOR for the entire day when it is receiving its vinyls for "Tynedale Links" which means Riverside would have to loan a bus to Hexham for the day to cover for it if 8228 were withdrawn - and they can barely get the allocations right without being minus one bus! Tongue

Now that all "South Tyne" branded Versas are complete, 5210 should be receiving branding very shortly.

But at least 1 of the Withdrawn B10's could of went their just until it was branded!
(06 Apr 2014, 6:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]But at least 1 of the Withdrawn B10's could of went their just until it was branded!

Losing brand recognition in the process, though... Tongue
(06 Apr 2014, 6:26 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Losing brand recognition in the process, though... Tongue

Tongue, not like it matters these days! haha
(06 Apr 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As soon as 5210 is branded.

Is 5231 still VOR? If so, this effectively means that 5229 is covering for 5231, and 5210 is covering for 5229, so it cannot go to be branded until 5231 is back?
(06 Apr 2014, 7:18 pm)missedbus wrote [ -> ]Is 5231 still VOR? If so, this effectively means that 5229 is covering for 5231, and 5210 is covering for 5229, so it cannot go to be branded until 5231 is back?

It is still VOR, but assuming there are no other VORs on a particular day, it should be fine for 5210 to be branded because 8228 is still active and they will have their two full sized single deckers.
(06 Apr 2014, 9:13 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Whilst waiting for a connection at Heworth yesterday, noticed a Solar come in heading South on an x3.
There was one person on it. (GregofWeardale perhaps?)

Not long afterwards, a Catsfast came in on a Sunderland bound x36. This was carrying a fairly decent load.

I can't imagine the passengers getting off en-masse in the North Sunderland Estates, which begs the question as to why the loads were so different, with only 10mins running time between the two in the example from yesterday.

Ha ha. I did walk to the Herbert Terrace Saturday short working terminus once to get it (well really ALL X3s are short workings as only a total moron would terminate a bus at the Wheatsheaf instead of the City Centre) and as it's useless now I don't use it much (although my mate from Fulwell does when he can) and I go on the Metro instead, so Nexus have gained a Day Rover and Northern lost a 2 zone Buzzfare, but I shall continue to quote it as an example of a really bad, incompetently designed bus service, only intended to destroy what was a perfectly reasonably used route.
(06 Apr 2014, 8:33 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Ha ha. I did walk to the Herbert Terrace Saturday short working terminus once to get it (well really ALL X3s are short workings as only a total moron would terminate a bus at the Wheatsheaf instead of the City Centre) and as it's useless now I don't use it much (although my mate from Fulwell does when he can) and I go on the Metro instead, so Nexus have gained a Day Rover and Northern lost a 2 zone Buzzfare, but I shall continue to quote it as an example of a really bad, incompetently designed bus service, only intended to destroy what was a perfectly reasonably used route.

Sorry, can I ask between which points you previously travelled on the X3 route?

If you're anywhere along the Metro route, you could use the X36 - a service which now falls under a brand (thereby increasing its status) and a service which now has a massive layover to improve reliability.

The only real exception is if you live near Seaburn Metro Station; in which case, I can understand why you're a bit peeved at the direct link being lost - but you've got a more frequent #9 which can connect to an #X36 anyway...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40