North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(14 May 2014, 7:58 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Are the Boris Buses any good?

They are fast and futuristic there like rockets better than the London stuff
Borismaster video

Do they operate only on electric? Or does the diesel engine keep cutting-in?
Is the diesel engine audible? I have only ever ridden on the original Quaylink buses - not on any of the hybrids.
(14 May 2014, 10:32 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ] Borismaster video

Is the diesel engine audible? I have only ever ridden on the original Quaylink buses - not on any of the hybrids.
There nothing like the Arriva hybrids or the Go North East ones there like the Solos on 700
There is a diesel engine, just that it's rather quiet.
(14 May 2014, 9:21 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I highly doubt this would ever happen, what would be the point in Ordering E400's for the 56/309 and 310 when have just received New Buses, It would be illogical and pointless along with being a complete waste of Money.

It would allow the Red Arrows to receive nearly new buses whilst still having a proven vehicle type. The Pronto would get newer vehicles, Crusader would get additional capacity and the TTX would become a full B9 operation with all the features.
(14 May 2014, 10:32 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ] Borismaster video

As I understand it, the battery in the Borismaster powers the bus and the diesel engine helps to recharge the battery.

I'm not convinced that they look futuristic (I think part of the design brief was to make them reminiscent of the true Routemaster) and the upper deck seats at least are a lot more uncomfortable and closer together than the Volvo B9 and AD400.

Cheers
David
(15 May 2014, 8:45 am)DavidP wrote [ -> ]the upper deck seats at least are a lot more uncomfortable and closer together than the Volvo B9 and AD400.

Cheers
David

There appears to be a lot of 'lost space' due to multiple exits and two staircases, so the remaining space needs to be crammed with seats reach capacity.
(15 May 2014, 8:50 am)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]There appears to be a lot of 'lost space' due to multiple exits and two staircases, so the remaining space needs to be crammed with seats reach capacity.

Tbh i dont think they need 3 doors, its a complete waste of time, seats could of being used in the area of the doors, isnt like 300k each for 1?
Money could of being used else where in country for transport improvments BUT because its London.. they have to have it...
The silver arrow im on still has inside branding for the red arrows... haha Tongue

Stuck at fatfield bridge for ages as the traffic lights are stuck on red for coming towards Biddick.... should be fun at rush hour
5157 on service 9 running 15 minutes late with the Deptford operated 9 running in tandem. A very regular occurrence and makes the frequency increase a pointless exercise...

I've been meaning to ask for ages - does anyone know what Percy Main does to those dual door B10s to make them smell so nice compared to other buses (inc similar examples at Riverside) in the fleet?
(15 May 2014, 12:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5157 on service 9 running 15 minutes late with the Deptford operated 9 running in tandem. A very regular occurrence and makes the frequency increase a pointless exercise...

I've been meaning to ask for ages - does anyone know what Percy Main does to those dual door B10s to make them smell so nice compared to other buses (inc similar examples at Riverside) in the fleet?

http://youtu.be/I8CTscW3dpI

Maybe she got a job at Percy Main once her tv career went t!ts up.
(15 May 2014, 12:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5157 on service 9 running 15 minutes late with the Deptford operated 9 running in tandem. A very regular occurrence and makes the frequency increase a pointless exercise...

I wonder if the short 9's will be dropped?
What happened to the plans to extend the 9 to Northumberland Park via Cobalt? I'm sure there was other plans too?
(15 May 2014, 1:18 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]http://youtu.be/I8CTscW3dpI

Maybe she got a job at Percy Main once her tv career went t!ts up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6mN9X2Ne2k

She had a comeback!
(15 May 2014, 3:31 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6mN9X2Ne2k

She had a comeback!

Can't remember that one. She seems to 'enjoy' playing with her hoover mind :s

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Logan
Somebody needs to update her wiki page to reflect the sterling work done on the dual door Renowns at Percy Main.
On VOSA today:

PB0003954/297 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle Pilgrim Street given service number 51,52 effective from 02-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/558 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Metrocentre Interchange and Wardley Terminus given service number 67 effective from 02-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
(15 May 2014, 3:44 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On VOSA today:

PB0003954/297 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle Pilgrim Street given service number 51,52 effective from 02-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Could this be why 8306-8309 and 8319 haven't been Branded Yet, as the 51/52 will require a PVR Increase from 02-Jun-2014. Just a wild guess which would make a lot of sense, Question what will be used on the 39 instead.
(15 May 2014, 3:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Could this be why 8306-8309 and 8319 haven't been Branded Yet, as the 51/52 will require a PVR Increase from 02-Jun-2014. Just a wild guess which would make a lot of sense, Question what will be used on the 39 instead.

I'm sure it's always been a mistake on the VOSA registrations/variations for the Orbit, so not sure if it's going to be extended to Newcastle?
(15 May 2014, 3:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Can't remember that one. She seems to 'enjoy' playing with her hoover mind :s

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Logan
Somebody needs to update her wiki page to reflect the sterling work done on the dual door Renowns at Percy Main.

Looks like someone has already done it!

Away from the TV and stage, Logan reportedly works at a North Tyneside bus depot, ensuring a fleet of buses smell nicer than their counterparts in Gateshead.
(15 May 2014, 4:09 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Looks like someone has already done it!

Haha!
(15 May 2014, 8:54 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tbh i dont think they need 3 doors, its a complete waste of time, seats could of being used in the area of the doors, isnt like 300k each for 1?
Money could of being used else where in country for transport improvments BUT because its London.. they have to have it...

I'd argue that they do in London, having made several rush hour trips this year alone. The whole boarding and alighting process in London is like clockwork. You would never get what you get up here: oap gets on bus, and has a scrape around for their pass. Takes two or three attempts to scan said pass. Has another scrape around this time in the Metro newspaper box. Meanwhile the drivers waiting for them to sit down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33