North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
It appears the incident at South Hetton has caused massive delays on the x35.
Followed one earlier which was massively late, with those in the opposite direction to Hartlepool late too.
Service AD122 will serve Greenhead, Gilsland, Birdoswold Roman Fort and Brampton twice a day from this Saturday.
(20 May 2014, 5:26 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Service AD122 will serve Greenhead, Gilsland, Birdoswold Roman Fort and Brampton twice a day from this Saturday.

It'll require two buses then? Timetable can be seen here
(20 May 2014, 5:30 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]It'll require two buses then? Timetable can be seen here

For connecting buses Newcastle - Hexham bus station, see route 85-685, or
travel by train to Hexham railway station.

Sorry, what? You can connect to an Arriva/Stagecoach service or use the train? There's me thinking Go North East were in competition in this area...
(20 May 2014, 5:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Sorry, what? You can connect to an Arriva/Stagecoach service or use the train? There's me thinking Go North East were in competition in this area...

Yeah, that's stupid.
Do you know what bus will be used alongside 524?
(20 May 2014, 5:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Sorry, what? You can connect to an Arriva/Stagecoach service or use the train? There's me thinking Go North East were in competition in this area...

They've even got connections with the 685 on the timetable on the Go North East website! Tongue

The timetable posted has not been created by Go North East judging by the fact that it says operated by Go North East and Arriva/Stagecoach and Trains are metioned and also because it is not the one they have on their website (despite the fact that the timetable on their website also has connections with the 685).
(20 May 2014, 5:35 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]They've even got connections with the 685 on the timetable on the Go North East website! Tongue

Ah, I hadn't realised that the timetable quoted was not from the Go North East website.
Initial reaction was somewhat irrational, in that case. I can accept the connections to Carlisle using service 685, owing to the loss of the AD122 to Carlisle, and I think it would have been requested.
I'd assumed that Go North East had uploaded a timetable advertising no Go North East connections to Newcastle - which would have been idiotic to say the least.
(20 May 2014, 4:39 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]It appears the incident at South Hetton has caused massive delays on the x35.
Followed one earlier which was massively late, with those in the opposite direction to Hartlepool late too.

Which would of had a massive effect of delays on service X36, since the X35 and X36 buses are connected, should of never ran the X35/X36 buses together!.

All it takes is a massive delay either end for both services to be heavy delayed.
(20 May 2014, 5:51 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Which would of had a massive effect of delays on service X36, since the X35 and X36 buses are connected, should of never ran the X35/X36 buses together!.

All it takes is a massive delay either end for both services to be heavy delayed.

I saw a couple of south bound x35's about 20mins late.
Can't see it will have managed much layover time in Park Lane at any point this afternoon!

The Northbound x35 I followed through South Hetton, was approx 15mins late.

These were all seen 2-3 hours after the incident was initially reported - possibly even later.
(20 May 2014, 5:51 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Which would of had a massive effect of delays on service X36, since the X35 and X36 buses are connected, should of never ran the X35/X36 buses together!.

Flip side of the coin is that service X35 would have operated late all day and not stood a chance of making up time. Let's not forget service X36 (which becomes the next Hartlepool-bound X35) has 22 minutes layover at Park Lane Interchange... If no X35s were dropped today, I guarantee at least four would have been - if there had been no timetable changes.

You'd have thought that an extra bus wasn't added to improve reliability?

BIB: So, how exactly do you want them to improve the X35 and run the X36 successfully without wasting massive resources on layover time for say 2 buses? X36 on a half hourly frequency on its own would require 5 buses with one parked up in Park Lane for nearly half an hour while on the present timetable the X35 would either get no turn-around time in Sunderland or you'd have to add a seventh bus into the cycle and end up with a bus laying over in Sunderland for half an hour. Resources that cost money
(20 May 2014, 6:11 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]BIB: So, how exactly do you want them to improve the X35 and run the X36 successfully without wasting massive resources on layover time for say 2 buses? X36 on a half hourly frequency on its own would require 5 buses with one parked up in Park Lane for nearly half an hour while on the present timetable the X35 would either get no turn-around time in Sunderland or you'd have to add a seventh bus into the cycle and end up with a bus laying over in Sunderland for half an hour. Resources that cost money

Go North East didn't need to introduce an additional vehicle to the PVR - service X36 takes 58 minutes to operate in each direction and it could have had a 2 minute layover at each end.
Would that have been appropriate? No. Did Go North East consider delays to services which would affect customers? Yes.
Same applies for service X35 as you've pointed out.

Interworking services X35/X36 is the best decision Go North East have made in a long time.
(20 May 2014, 6:11 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]BIB: So, how exactly do you want them to improve the X35 and run the X36 successfully without wasting massive resources on layover time for say 2 buses? X36 on a half hourly frequency on its own would require 5 buses with one parked up in Park Lane for nearly half an hour while on the present timetable the X35 would either get no turn-around time in Sunderland or you'd have to add a seventh bus into the cycle and end up with a bus laying over in Sunderland for half an hour. Resources that cost money

Many times that l have seen service X36 going over the Wearmouth bridge going to Sunderland Interchange at 05 and 35, this is 5 minutes over the time when the bus is supposed of left Sunderland Interchange as a X35, having the bus doing another route at the destination with a delay has a knock on effect on the second bus service, theres still plenty of passengers complaining because the X35 is delayed up towards 30 minutes at Doxford Park.
(20 May 2014, 6:26 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Many times that l have seen service X36 going over the Wearmouth bridge going to Sunderland Interchange at 05 and 35, this is 5 minutes over the time when the bus is supposed of left Sunderland Interchange as a X35, having the bus doing another route at the destination with a delay has a knock on effect on the second bus service, theres still plenty of passengers complaining because the X35 is delayed up towards 30 minutes at Doxford Park.

Again, they get a 22 minutes layover in Park Lane between arriving on the X36 and departing on the X35. What bit of that do you not get!?
(20 May 2014, 6:30 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Again, they get a 22 minutes layover in Park Lane between arriving on the X36 and departing on the X35. What bit of that do you not get!?

yes normally their get 22 minutes layover, but not when their arrive at Interchange over 27 minutes late, as i mentioned seeing the X36 going over Wearmouth Bridge at 5 past the hour when the bus should of left Sunderland Interchange on the hour!.

With the next X36 5 minutes behind the one which is delayed!.
(20 May 2014, 6:35 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]yes normally their get 22 minutes layover, but not when their arrive at Interchange over 27 minutes late, as i mentioned seeing the X36 going over Wearmouth Bridge at 5 past the hour when the bus should of left Sunderland Interchange on the hour!.

No, that bus leaves Park Lane at xx30 not xx00! xx08 arrival from Newcastle goes out at xx30 and the xx38 arrival goes out at xx00.
(20 May 2014, 6:37 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]No, that bus leaves Park Lane at xx30 not xx00! xx08 arrival from Newcastle goes out at xx30 and the xx38 arrival goes out at xx00.

I was on the X36, with the next bus 5 minutes behind it

the bus was late by 27 minutes
(20 May 2014, 6:40 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I was on the X36, with the next bus 5 minutes behind it

the bus was late by 27 minutes

I can only assume this was a Match Day? I believe that this has happened (as you'd have no reason to lie about it), but can only imagine it happening on a Match Day as I've certainly encountered no such delays on service X36 on a normal day of operation. I find that the timetable is somewhat lenient compared to other timetables.

If it did happen on a Match Day, then services which don't even go near the Stadium end up being delayed - for whatever reason that is. Increased passenger numbers, increased traffic levels and roads/lanes being blocked off all contribute towards buses being late on Match Days, and there's nothing Go North East can do about it.

You also must remember this has been one bad experience, out of how many? I don't think I've seen one of the 16:08, 16:38 or 17:08 arrivals into Park Lane arrive late in all my time of living over Monkwearmouth, and they're arguably the times which delays are most likely.
(20 May 2014, 3:02 pm)randomdude wrote [ -> ]Don't know if it's related but there was an npower conference taking place today.

And for the rest of the week Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33