North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(19 May 2014, 3:55 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Repaints for the NL202:
- Tynedale Links
- Venture
- Cobalt Clipper

Repaints for the SD200/202 series:
- Tynedale Links
- The Key
- Yellow Bus
- Northern
- Red Arrows
- Retro GNE livery

Repaints for the E400:
- Tynedale Links

Repaints for the 0530N/G Citaros:
- Crusader, Blaydon Racers, Laser

Repaints for the Dennis MPD:
- Kingfisher

Repaints for the MAN Lion City:
- Diamond
- Red Arrows

Repaints for the Busscar:
- Drifter
- SimpliCity
- Saltwell Park
- Orbit
- QuayLink

There are others (I seem to remember circa four or five GNE liveries for the MPD), but those are what I can find from a quick search on AussieX.

That definatley beat my answer.... Tongue
(19 May 2014, 3:57 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]That definatley beat my answer.... Tongue

thanks alot guys means alot Smile
(19 May 2014, 3:57 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]That definatley beat my answer.... Tongue

I still play the game, and indeed have "OMSI 2", OMSI's sequel game. Wink

You can drive articulated vehicles in OMSI 2 and there's a few more odd features such as trains, trams and other forms of transport being more integrated into the game, but other than that it's buggy and not worth updating from OMSI for.

@jaimz13: if you're looking for new buses - albeit not in Go North East livery (there are some Stagecoach and Arriva repaints on the market, however) - then I'd strongly recommend downloading the Volvo 9900HD. Awesome drive - feels different to drive compared to ordinary buses, and there's a few features on there (such as a breathalyser which you have to use in order to turn on the engine).
(19 May 2014, 12:44 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Between Shiney Row and Easington Lane, I guesstimate there are roughly 19/20 stops.
Round it to 20 for ease at an average of 30secs per stop.
Roughly half of those stops were used on the x5.

The 62mins from Easington Lane is optimistic at the best of times.
Many a time I have done Houghton - Newcastle (or vice versa) and it has taken an hour just for that stretch.

Is your guestimate based upon stops in one or both directions?

The stops used for service X5 between Shiney Row and Easington Lane were as follows: Herrington Burn; Philadelphia Depot; Newbottle Jolly Potter; Houghton-le-Spring Church; and Hetton-le-Hole Colliery Inn.

If it's based on one direction, then the X5 stopped at only a quarter of the stops used by service X1 today.

Are all the stops well used on this route? - Drawing upon my own observations travelling from Rowlands Gill to Metrocentre or Newcastle, there are at least three stops which are rarely used (Thornley Woodlands Centre; Swalwell Juniors and Swalwell Cricket/Tennis Clubs. If I were a scheduler then I'd might not assign as much time to these stops as I would to others.
Racer_Experience Wrote: 6099 is in Saltmeadows havent a clue why its there is it there for a new panel? possibly is it there to get branded possibly? could someone help me solve the mystery why it was there?

6099 is at Saltmeadows due to panel damage that it received.
(19 May 2014, 3:40 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I think we would have discussed it by now if it was going for repaint. Maybe just there for a check-up?

6099 Receiving a White Vinyl at Saltmeadows This Morning, Presuming this will in Corporate Livery come the end of the week.

[attachment=5487]

The Versa in Question at Saltmeadows Today was 8319, Could be there for Branding or Maintainence, either could been done at it's Home Depot, Unless of course it's be in an Accident, East MPD 535 was also alongside it with an Unidentified Red Solar, Guessing that was from Deptford also, and the Final South Cadet was seen Sanded Down ready for Repaint.

Also Connections 4 Citaro 5361 was getting a New Windscreen Fitted and Driver Trainer Volvo B10M 7077 was also in the Yard, most likely for Repaint in the New Driver Training Livery.

[attachment=5488]

[attachment=5489]

And finally an Update on 4949, It is currently sitting inside the Main Depot, well hidden but still in a Photograph-able Position, No doubt receiving Maintenance after it caught Fire in Gateshead Interchange Last Week as Previously Reported.

[attachment=5490]

(All Photos will be added Flickr after I have had my Tea, if needed to Update the News).
(19 May 2014, 4:56 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]6099 Receiving a White Vinyl at Saltmeadows This Morning, Presuming this will in Corporate Livery come the end of the week.

That's a replacement panel, not a vinyl. BFK has just told us all above. Wink
(19 May 2014, 4:56 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The Versa in Question at Saltmeadows Today was 8319, Could be there for Branding or Maintainence, either could been done at it's Home Depot, Unless of course it's be in an Accident

Accident damage
(19 May 2014, 4:31 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Is your guestimate based upon stops in one or both directions?

The stops used for service X5 between Shiney Row and Easington Lane were as follows: Herrington Burn; Philadelphia Depot; Newbottle Jolly Potter; Houghton-le-Spring Church; and Hetton-le-Hole Colliery Inn.

If it's based on one direction, then the X5 stopped at only a quarter of the stops used by service X1 today.

Are all the stops well used on this route? - Drawing upon my own observations travelling from Rowlands Gill to Metrocentre or Newcastle, there are at least three stops which are rarely used (Thornley Woodlands Centre; Swalwell Juniors and Swalwell Cricket/Tennis Clubs. If I were a scheduler then I'd might not assign as much time to these stops as I would to others.

Wrote two detailed responses - lost one post and the other one vanished when the battery died.

There are 20 stops as it stands between Shiney Row and Easington Lane (in either direction). The lost post listed them all.
When I said the x5 stopped at half of those, it included Shiney Row and Easington Lane and also stops I thought it called at, in Graswell and Hetton Road.

Quiet stops include: Philli, Kingdom Hall southbound (northbound always seems to attract punters) and a couple between Hetton and Easington Lane.

Any time made up at the quieter stops is lost at the busier one, particularly at Shiney and Houghton.
There always seems a canny load at Easington Lane too.
(19 May 2014, 5:01 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's a replacement panel, not a vinyl. BFK has just told us all above. Wink

Ahh I see, Was in the Middle of doing my Post when BFK must of Posted, Certainly didn't look like a Panel to me when I watched from the Fence, but now that I have zoomed in on the Image on my Computer, I can that is indeed the case, Feeling Disappointed Now as I was hoping 6099 was being Branded, No doubt Bazza is feeling the same.
Seen a Yellow Bus earlier on the X30/X31, then going past St Bedes there was a Merc Diamond bus parked up along side all the Yellow Buses for School services

Does this Diamond Merc interwork or would it of just been spare.

Seems a weird allocation.

Few times a week now a step entrance decker appears on a Stanley service, is this because they are short ?
(19 May 2014, 5:16 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]Seen a Yellow Bus earlier on the X30/X31, then going past St Bedes there was a Merc Diamond bus parked up along side all the Yellow Buses for School services

Few times a week now a step entrance decker appears on a Stanley service, is this because they are short ?

I think it's a rare occurance. Although Diamond Mercs aren't massive on the scale when compared to a Gemini 2, but I think it's pretty much like having an Angel B5 appear on Scholars (which has happened several times before).
(19 May 2014, 5:16 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]Seen a Yellow Bus earlier on the X30/X31, then going past St Bedes there was a Merc Diamond bus parked up along side all the Yellow Buses for School services

It was a spare and once again the 828 (East Stanley) had a single decker. (Occured last week with 4903 being allocated). The Olympian that operated the 143 used to interwork with scholars but now the only interworking done with scholars for St Bedes is the AM 822 which, as i have said many times interworks with the X70/X71. The Merc used tonight was also quite handy as it had the 'Get Around' advertisement and the picture to go with it is students from the school wearing the old uniform. A lot of the 828 regulars ended up going right to the front to get in 3823 which operated fellow-Stanley school bus 825.
(19 May 2014, 3:55 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Vehicles
See here for downloads.

Maps
See here for downloads.

Repaints

Repaints for the NL202:
- Tynedale Links
- Venture
- Cobalt Clipper

Repaints for the SD200/202 series:
- Tynedale Links
- The Key
- Yellow Bus
- Northern
- Red Arrows
- Retro GNE livery

Repaints for the E400:
- Tynedale Links

Repaints for the 0530N/G Citaros:
- Crusader, Blaydon Racers, Laser

Repaints for the Dennis MPD:
- Kingfisher

Repaints for the MAN Lion City:
- Diamond
- Red Arrows

Repaints for the Busscar:
- Drifter
- SimpliCity
- Saltwell Park
- Orbit
- QuayLink

There are others (I seem to remember circa four or five GNE liveries for the MPD), but those are what I can find from a quick search on AussieX.

Maybe you like my repaints for Omsi 1/2 http:/omsi-imperial.weebly.com put 2 next to omsi for version 2

All repaints expect 2 are mine cc and the others (PTE and London Central) belong to user beefman666. PS I am in making of South Tyneside map with routes X66, 27, 27X, 515 and E1 to shields Pier for Omsi 2 and maybe 1.
(19 May 2014, 5:50 pm)Panasonic44 wrote [ -> ]Maybe you like my repaints for Omsi 1/2 httpUndecidedomsi-imperial.weebly.com put 2 next to omsi for version 2

All repaints expect 2 are mine cc and the others (PTE and London Central) belong to user beefman666. PS I am in making of South Tyneside map with routes X66, 27, 27X, 515 and E1 to shields Pier for Omsi 2 and maybe 1.

so how do i get the other routes on the game
Connections4, fab56, angel & drifter currently parked up at npower
(20 May 2014, 12:31 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Connections4, fab56, angel & drifter currently parked up at npower
Don't know if it's related but there was an npower conference taking place today.
(20 May 2014, 3:02 pm)randomdude wrote [ -> ]Don't know if it's related but there was an npower conference taking place today.

Correct - and the buses used will be those that are fitted with tachographs.
(20 May 2014, 3:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Correct - and the buses used will be those that are fitted with tachographs.

Sure are...npower to Newcastle Airport
Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4902 is the next Lime to enter the paintshop and go from green to red - it is now at Saltmeadows.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33