North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
A brand new Mercedes Citaro has arrived at Riverside. Don't think it's going to be here long...
(30 May 2014, 11:40 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]A brand new Mercedes Citaro has arrived at Riverside. Don't think it's going to be here long...

What colour is it? I take it its a new purchase and not there for a pit stop
(30 May 2014, 12:19 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]What colour is it? I take it its a new purchase and not there for a pit stop

It is not a new purchase, and it's a grey-ish colour. Will upload a photograph in about 20 minutes.
(30 May 2014, 12:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It is not a new purchase, and it's a grey-ish colour. Will upload a photograph in about 20 minutes.
Any idea what its for?
(30 May 2014, 12:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It is not a new purchase, and it's a grey-ish colour. Will upload a photograph in about 20 minutes.

If you think the Mercedes - Benz Citaro K is grey-ish you should get your eyes tested, I looks purple to me
(30 May 2014, 12:43 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Any idea what its for?

Not for service work - just for GNE to have a look at.

(30 May 2014, 12:44 pm)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]If you think the Mercedes - Benz Citaro K is grey-ish you should get your eyes tested, I looks purple to me

It has a slight purple tinge, but it's definitely grey...
The photograph on The Northern Road Transport Trust makes it look a lot more purple than it actually is...
(30 May 2014, 12:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not for service work - just for GNE to have a look at.

It has a slight purple tinge, but it's definitely grey...
The photograph on The Northern Road Transport Trust makes it look a lot more purple than it actually is...

Its a mixture of purple and grey to me, looks like a demo bus, wonder where it will end up Tongue
(30 May 2014, 12:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Its a mixture of purple and grey to me, looks like a demo bus, wonder where it will end up Tongue

Photograph on the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...118544009/

All the information you need is in the caption. Wink
(30 May 2014, 1:35 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Photograph on the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...118544009/

All the information you need is in the caption. Wink

Shame if it doesn't enter service, tbh is their much difference between euro 5 and euro 6 engine, expect for the price
(30 May 2014, 1:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Shame if it doesn't enter service, tbh is their much difference between euro 5 and euro 6 engine, expect for the price

I guess that's what the engineers at Riverside will be finding out over the next few days! Tongue
(30 May 2014, 1:39 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I guess that's what the engineers at Riverside will be finding out over the next few days! Tongue

Just thinking out loud, but if they were comparing performance/output etc., would it have been better to compare a similar sized/spec vehicle to one they already have?

What may perform well in one sized vehicle, may not be the same in another sized vehicle.
(30 May 2014, 1:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Just thinking out loud, but if they were comparing performance/output etc., would it have been better to compare a similar sized/spec vehicle to one they already have?

What may perform well in one sized vehicle, may not be the same in another sized vehicle.

I don't think the idea behind it is to evaluate the performance of the vehicle, nor is it to see what the vehicle is capable of.

I think it is merely so Go North East's engineering department knows what the differences are between the Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines in the Mercedes vehicles, as all of the Euro 6 engines in Mercedes vehicles should be the same.

Should any Euro 6 Mercedes vehicles be purchased later this year, Go North East's engineering department would have already had a bit of experience with it.
(30 May 2014, 1:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't think the idea behind it is to evaluate the performance of the vehicle, nor is it to see what the vehicle is capable of.

I think it is merely so Go North East's engineering department knows what the differences are between the Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines in the Mercedes vehicles, as all of the Euro 6 engines in Mercedes vehicles should be the same.

Should any Euro 6 Mercedes vehicles be purchased later this year, Go North East's engineering department would have already had a bit of experience with it.

How many seats has it got?

Hopefully it does go out and about, if so, wonder which route it will end up on Tongue
(30 May 2014, 1:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]How many seats has it got?

Hopefully it does go out and about, if so, wonder which route it will end up on Tongue

The prototype had just 30 seats plus one tip-up, so clearly unsuitable as a Volvo B10BLE replacement. However, the full sized version will have a few more seats..!
Dan wrotethis is the only Citaro which has been manufactured in single door configuration.
This seems to be a puzzling statement.
(30 May 2014, 1:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't think the idea behind it is to evaluate the performance of the vehicle, nor is it to see what the vehicle is capable of.

Ah right.

I am guessing they won't be allowed to strip this vehicle down or make too many adjustments to it, so hopefully this is followed up by some Merc workshops/training - as well as this evaluation exercise.
(30 May 2014, 2:04 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]This seems to be a puzzling statement.

As far as I know, the Mercedes Citaro K is not available in dual door configuration.
The Citaro K's predecessors have all been available in dual door configuration.
I wonder if these short versions could go on the 2a/2c and the silver arrows citarios could go onto the 8/78. When is the silver arrows due for a repaint?.
(30 May 2014, 2:09 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I wonder if these short versions could go on the 2a/2c and the silver arrows citarios could go onto the 8/78. When is the silver arrows due for a repaint?.

The "Silver Arrows" branded Citaros are next due for repaint in 2016.
(30 May 2014, 2:11 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The "Silver Arrows" branded Citaros are next due for repaint in 2016.

Ok.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33