North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(23 May 2014, 4:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yes quite a lot to cover on overtime! Some people seem to think drivers (and indeed vehicles) are endless when it comes to suggesting things!

& even better, some people think that operators who haven't got any services registered will just be running services due to the Metro strike - if only it where that simple eh !

It looks like there'll be a post concert bus replacement around the North Tyneside loop according to the latest information from Nexus - I wonder who'll be operating that then.................hmmmm
(23 May 2014, 9:19 pm)busman101 wrote [ -> ]& even better, some people think that operators who haven't got any services registered will just be running services due to the Metro strike - if only it where that simple eh !

It looks like there'll be a post concert bus replacement around the North Tyneside loop according to the latest information from Nexus - I wonder who'll be operating that then.................hmmmm

Compass. The Iveco van is warming up and the A4 paper route number being typed as we speak
(23 May 2014, 4:12 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]Not really bothered if 5210 has been branded or not anymore anyways different matter have ya noticed ever since cadets 8242-46 when they got repainted red or are in the process of they have sinced used renowns on 5 (T reg and X reg) am gonna pass by within next half hour or so via 88 or 88A in the rain

To confirm, 5210 is not yet branded.

8242-46 are to transfer to Riverside for use on services 67/69 (although no doubt they will be used on services 64/95/96 alongside the Merits too). This is to keep them closer to home, so to speak.

Service 5, now no longer part of the "South Tyne" brand, should be operated by Volvo B10BLEs 5160-64 - previously found on services 67/69.
(23 May 2014, 10:08 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Compass. The Iveco van is warming up and the A4 paper route number being typed as we speak

Let's not get carried away, here... A typed paper route number?
(24 May 2014, 7:51 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Let's not get carried away, here... A typed paper route number?

ok, coloured in with felt tip pens.
(24 May 2014, 8:07 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]ok, coloured in with felt tip pens.

Crayola (paid for by Nexus too)
Anyone been tricked by this yet? I was! Although, I must say that it'd certainly be an improvement on the MPDs! Tongue

Photo by ASP8: https://www.flickr.com/photos/27974644@N07/14271379293
Ten 6083 has Customcare 'Tyneside Toughened' etched (?) onto the side windows.

Would these not have been fitted at original build?

I can't imagine that a refit has been necessary - or has there been a massive fight onboard requiring replacement glass?

Do Wrightbus fit Tyneside glass?
(24 May 2014, 3:58 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Ten 6083 has Customcare 'Tyneside Toughened' etched (?) onto the side windows.

Would these not have been fitted at original build?

I can't imagine that a refit has been necessary - or has there been a massive fight onboard requiring replacement glass?

Do Wrightbus fit Tyneside glass?

A number of Wright vehicles have them. The windows have been used for donkeys years.
(24 May 2014, 3:42 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Anyone been tricked by this yet? I was! Although, I must say that it'd certainly be an improvement on the MPDs! Tongue

Photo by ASP8: https://www.flickr.com/photos/27974644@N07/14271379293

I quite like that livery. Seems to almost go with the Versa.
(24 May 2014, 4:25 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I quite like that livery. Seems to almost go with the Versa.

I suppose with the QuayLink being round for about four years, a yellow Versa is nothing new. But I agree, the Tynedale Links branding does certainly suit the vehicle!
(24 May 2014, 4:26 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]I suppose with the QuayLink being round for about four years, a yellow Versa is nothing new. But I agree, the Tynedale Links branding does certainly suit the vehicle!

I agree. Perhaps if GNE happen to lose the QuayLink contract or decide to withdraw from it, I suppose those Versas could just be distributed out, and maybe a few could go on for the Tynedale Links; baring in mind it would help still having the yellow base livery.
(24 May 2014, 4:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]A number of Wright vehicles have them. The windows have been used for donkeys years.

I've just never sat and looked hard at the window glass before.

I wonder what else I've been missing?
(24 May 2014, 4:40 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I've just never sat and looked hard at the window glass before.

The windows are made on the Team Valley, shipped to Northern Ireland and then come back on the newly built bus....

http://www.tynesidesafetyglass.com/
Its a good choice putting renowns on 5 but in my opinion it won't last long like that time wear tees express got renowns on X7 I had a feeling a year later they would end up red and replaced with brilliant citaros same thing to crusader when we had renowns I said they were not gonna last long on there almost but not quiet a year they got replaced by the magnificent Mercedez Benz Citaros which I said in the 1st place there ideal for that route me and my good mate was having a discussion well before renowns entered service on 27 and we both said Citaros would do great on the service and they have proven popular with me and the locals
(24 May 2014, 4:40 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I've just never sat and looked hard at the window glass before.

Trying to remember how long Tyneside Glass has been used.
Wrights have used them for donkeys years - possibly as far back as the Handybus.

Pretty sure other vehicles have used them too (either as standard or replacement), just cant picture them 100%.

It has been a while either way.
500 service is running today with an allocation of 3875, 6022 & 6036. Also van 1020 parked next to bus turning area at Durham Railway Station.
(25 May 2014, 11:03 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]500 service is running today with an allocation of 3875, 6022 & 6036. Also van 1020 parked next to bus turning area at Durham Railway Station.

I'm watching from my window. I can see a few coaches parked up in the Riverside Pavilion Coach Park.
(24 May 2014, 4:31 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I agree. Perhaps if GNE happen to lose the QuayLink contract or decide to withdraw from it, I suppose those Versas could just be distributed out, and maybe a few could go on for the Tynedale Links; baring in mind it would help still having the yellow base livery.

They've faded pretty badly, so would probably require a repaint in my opinion, but they'd be great on the busier 'Tynedale Links' routes like the 74.
(25 May 2014, 12:40 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]They've faded pretty badly, so would probably require a repaint in my opinion, but they'd be great on the busier 'Tynedale Links' routes like the 74.

The demands of the roads could put their bodywork through the rattle test! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33