North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
8244 repainted into red
info for England's One Day International Match against Sri Lanka on 25 May

http://www.simplygo.com/news/england-srilanka
(10 May 2014, 10:21 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]8244 repainted into red

Indeed - noted a few days back by myself here, and our fleet lists have been updated accordingly.

I believe 8242 is the next "South Tyne" DAF SB120/Wright Cadet to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into corporate livery.
(10 May 2014, 10:28 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]info for England's One Day International Match against Sri Lanka on 25 May

http://www.simplygo.com/news/england-srilanka

I live right next to the Cricket Ground so I'll have the benefit of all rare appearances, if there are any. wonder if Deptford or Stanley will loan a couple of buses for the occasion, or Chester will be able to manage with all their spare deckers?
(10 May 2014, 11:26 am)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I live right next to the Cricket Ground so I'll have the benefit of all rare appearances, if there are any. wonder if Deptford or Stanley will loan a couple of buses for the occasion, or Chester will be able to manage with all their spare deckers?

Just reminder that today is the Day of Falcon Flyer Shuttles Services, The Cricket post made me click on, so i'll be popping out to catch the F1 at Washington Galleries at 18:00, and for anybody else who had forgot here is the link to the Timetables, in case you want some Photos.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/falconsflye...rce=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=falcons%20flyer
(10 May 2014, 1:15 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just reminder that today is the Day of Falcon Flyer Shuttles Services, The Cricket post made me click on, so i'll be popping out to catch the F1 at Washington Galleries at 18:00, and for anybody else who had forgot here is the link to the Timetables, in case you want some Photos.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/falconsflye...rce=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=falcons%20flyer

Have u pre-booked your tickets, can only use the services if u have

Tickets
Tickets for the buses must be pre-booked and are priced at £6 return. They can be pre-purchased online here or by calling 0871 226 6060.
(10 May 2014, 1:16 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Have u pre-booked your tickets, can only use the services if u have

Tickets
Tickets for the buses must be pre-booked and are priced at £6 return. They can be pre-purchased online here or by calling 0871 226 6060.

Just going out to get a Photo Michael to put on Flickr, not actually using the Service.
(10 May 2014, 1:21 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just going out to get a Photo Michael to put on Flickr, not actually using the Service.

Ah right =)
(10 May 2014, 1:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ah right =)

Well I am afraid I have got some Bad News, The F1 No Showed at Washington Galleries at 18:00pm, Even more Bad News it still didn't show up by 18:30pm which results in Even more Bad News as I simply didn't get a Photo. But there is a Tiny bit of Good News to this Bad News Post, I did manage to Photograph 4904 on the 8 and 4909 on the 50.
(10 May 2014, 6:39 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Well I am afraid I have got some Bad News, The F1 No Showed at Washington Galleries at 18:00pm, Even more Bad News it still didn't show up by 18:30pm which results in Even more Bad News as I simply didn't get a Photo. But there is a Tiny bit of Good News to this Bad News Post, I did manage to Photograph 4904 on the 8 and 4909 on the 50.

If it was using a Lolyne (baring in mind the F1 is operated by Chester, I think?, I'm sure one does), then I would say it likely broke down. Or, maybe there was a huge crowd at the football match. I spoke to a driver once who told me when the Newcastle and Sunderland were playing a few years back he was waiting outside St. James' Park for about an hour with another few drivers and a supervisor as well as football security guards trying to 'round up the sheep' as he put it.
(10 May 2014, 6:44 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]If it was using a Lolyne (baring in mind the F1 is operated by Chester, I think?, I'm sure one does), then I would say it likely broke down. Or, maybe there was a huge crowd at the football match. I spoke to a driver once who told me when the Newcastle and Sunderland were playing a few years back he was waiting outside St. James' Park for about an hour with another few drivers and a supervisor as well as football security guards trying to 'round up the sheep' as he put it.

Also possibly had nobody booked from Galleries? Not registered so wouldn't need to stick to the route as such if there was nobody booked to pick up?
(10 May 2014, 6:45 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Also possibly had nobody booked from Galleries? Not registered so wouldn't need to stick to the route as such if there was nobody booked to pick up?

Possibly. I would think most people would book from maybe Durham, seeing as there's an East Coast Main Line station there.
(10 May 2014, 6:45 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Also possibly had nobody booked from Galleries? Not registered so wouldn't need to stick to the route as such if there was nobody booked to pick up?

I was thinking that if nobody had wanted to get off at The Galleries, then of it skipped it out and continued towards Chester le Street, unless it had came off at The Angel which would of been more Logical, if it was the case of the above, otherwise as it simply running Very Late due to the Crowd and Traffic or it Broke Down as Marcus said etc, I am sure there will be some form of explanation behind it no showing,
I've posted this thread just for anyone to discuss any ideas for which vehicles within the GNE fleet that will attend the North East Bus and Coach Show NEXT year. Obviously taking into account the amount of new vehicles that are due to be bought within this year and the beginning of the next. Any suggestions or ideas for specific vehicles or liveries.
On the subject of various special services running:

Later this month, "One Direction" will be hosting a concert at the Stadium of Light. Extra buses are running after the event finishes. Last year, Washington loaned "Red Arrows" branded Geminis to Deptford for use on service 56. Although this is less likely to happen now with the arrival of Volvo B9s to service 56, there is potential for them to be loaned to Deptford for another one of their services.

As you'd expect, I intend to go out to photograph these shuttle services. Last year proved to be difficult as I attended one or two of the concerts myself and therefore could only photograph the vehicles on the special services amid the floods of people making their way home.

You can download the timetables here.
(11 May 2014, 9:54 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]On the subject of various special services running:

Later this month, "One Direction" will be hosting a concert at the Stadium of Light. Extra buses are running after the event finishes. Last year, Washington loaned "Red Arrows" branded Geminis to Deptford for use on service 56. Although this is less likely to happen now with the arrival of Volvo B9s to service 56, there is potential for them to be loaned to Deptford for another one of their services.

As you'd expect, I intend to go out to photograph these shuttle services. Last year proved to be difficult as I attended one or two of the concerts myself and therefore could only photograph the vehicles on the special services amid the floods of people making their way home.

Because the Silver arrows can't use deckers - would of thought that there might of being a extra bus

Although the rest will probables be covered by deckers
(11 May 2014, 9:57 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Because the Silver arrows can't use deckers - would of thought that there might of being a extra bus

Although the rest will probables be covered by deckers

Everything bar the Laser, Silver Arrows and Lime was deckers last year, but Deptford did have more "Northern" branded deckers back then.

See photos after Bon Jovi/Rihanna (can't remember which) here. Biggest shock for me was that Volvo B10BLE 4924 was used on the Silver Arrows opposed to a Merc. Although it departed at 23:30, it didn't get to Park Lane until about 00:10am!
(11 May 2014, 9:54 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]On the subject of various special services running:

Perhaps with the other services that run in the area surrounding the Stadium of Light, then a few spare deckers could be loaned to Deptford for use on the Silver Arrows etc, instead of having branded deckers be loaned. I expect the 56 to be at full capacity, even for double deckers, so probably a few extra buses could get thrown on to make up times if one ends up waiting outside the Stadium for about fifteen minutes loading up. I would also think Stagecoach will likely chip in with their Park and Ride services.
(11 May 2014, 10:08 am)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Perhaps with the other services that run in the area surrounding the Stadium of Light, then a few spare deckers could be loaned to Deptford for use on the Silver Arrows etc, instead of having branded deckers be loaned. I expect the 56 to be at full capacity, even for double deckers, so probably a few extra buses could get thrown on to make up times if one ends up waiting outside the Stadium for about fifteen minutes loading up. I would also think Stagecoach will likely chip in with their Park and Ride services.

Stagecoach used the three ADL E400s branded for service X34 after the concerts on the Economic services last year.
(11 May 2014, 10:10 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Stagecoach used the three ADL E400s branded for service X34 after the concerts on the Economic services last year.

Forgot about Stagecoach.. Wonder if they will have a park and ride this year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33