North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Nov 2013, 4:33 pm)grandad wrote [ -> ]Thanks Tom.
Does that mean the 689 will go Solo?

Yep! Smile
(10 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yep! Smile

Providing they don't lose the contract for it.
(10 Nov 2013, 3:47 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just having a quick neb on the fb page and it appears there have been problems with the 60 today.

No idea what or how, but there seem to be a few unhappy passengers querying missing buses

I was on a 60 this afternoon. Driver contacted Deptford to let them know he was running 20 minutes late, thus impacting the 42.
(10 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm)8222 wrote [ -> ]I was on a 60 this afternoon. Driver contacted Deptford to let them know he was running 20 minutes late, thus impacting the 42.

Delays were unavoidable what with the diversions and all - not a great day to launch the buses in all honesty. I was at Ryhope today and I know 6 people were sat there from about 10:55am to 11:30am, but obviously the road had been closed so buses were diverting (not that they knew that, despite all the police and traffic people being right in front of them!)
Read on Facebook that there were some 'technical issues' too. I noticed that some of the blinds kept on going on and off, though I didn't spend any time at Park Lane to know if engineers came to try and fix them.

Paired with match day traffic at various parts of Sunderland, delays of up to 45 minutes were pretty common I must say.
This was common of the 2A/2C, 39, 42, 60 and 61 today. Prime reason why I hate the interworking of services on Sundays (excluding branding reasons)... The 2A/2C had no reason to be affected, but were because of the 61.

Even noticed the Arriva 24 running dead past Ryhope at about 11 - on an hourly service!
(10 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Delays were unavoidable what with the diversions and all - not a great day to launch the buses in all honesty. I was at Ryhope today and I know 6 people were sat there from about 10:55am to 11:30am, but obviously the road had been closed so buses were diverting (not that they knew that, despite all the police and traffic people being right in front of them!)
Read on Facebook that there were some 'technical issues' too. I noticed that some of the blinds kept on going on and off, though I didn't spend any time at Park Lane to know if engineers came to try and fix them.

Paired with match day traffic at various parts of Sunderland, delays of up to 45 minutes were pretty common I must say.
This was common of the 2A/2C, 39, 42, 60 and 61 today. Prime reason why I hate the interworking of services on Sundays (excluding branding reasons)... The 2A/2C had no reason to be affected, but were because of the 61.

Even noticed the Arriva 24 running dead past Ryhope at about 11 - on an hourly service!

I really dont like services which interwork on a sunday to.. like wht happened today.. if 1 is late then the other service is delayed
(10 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I really dont like services which interwork on a sunday to.. like wht happened today.. if 1 is late then the other service is delayed

I don't like interworking at all. It's not fair on the users of the 42 that that service has to suffer due to delays on the 60.
[quote='Michael' pid='19294' dateline='1384096176']
Middle of December maybe not sure they should start arriving soon, cant renember the delivery dates Rob posted a while back

Hopefully new Solos at Consett will have a decent livery, not the boring all over yellow as now - why not the traditional Venture yellow lower, white upper with maroon band between before the company was consumed by Northern in 1970 and the awful NBC livery.
(10 Nov 2013, 6:41 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Hopefully new Solos at Consett will have a decent livery, not the boring all over yellow as now - why not the traditional Venture yellow lower, white upper with maroon band between before the company was consumed by Northern in 1970 and the awful NBC livery.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4944]

Guessing you missed this? Tongue
(10 Nov 2013, 6:41 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ][quote='Michael' pid='19294' dateline='1384096176']
Middle of December maybe not sure they should start arriving soon, cant renember the delivery dates Rob posted a while back

Hopefully new Solos at Consett will have a decent livery, not the boring all over yellow as now - why not the traditional Venture yellow lower, white upper with maroon band between before the company was consumed by Northern in 1970 and the awful NBC livery.

New timetable has already being uploaded with the new Venture Livery its being on since last week. =)

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/55478.28
And don't forget, anyone from GNE reading this, OK Expressway to replace Pronto on new vehicles for X21. Why not updated versions of Gateshead, Tyneside, Tynemouth and Sunderland & District liveries as new brands for services in those areas.
(10 Nov 2013, 6:44 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]New timetable has already being uploaded with the new Venture Livery its being on since last week. =)

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/55478.28

It'll do, better than present one I suppose.
(10 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]And don't forget, anyone from GNE reading this, OK Expressway to replace Pronto on new vehicles for X21. Why not updated versions of Gateshead, Tyneside, Tynemouth and Sunderland & District liveries as new brands for services in those areas.

Whilst I totally understand the traditionalists, is it not time to move on from liveries from years gone by.

To some people using the X21, they will not have a clue what OK Travel or OK Motor Services was. Lets move into 2013, and put the previous liveries into the history books.
(10 Nov 2013, 6:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Whilst I totally understand the traditionalists, is it not time to move on from liveries from years gone by.

To some people using the X21, they will not have a clue what OK Travel or OK Motor Services was. Lets move into 2013, and put the previous liveries into the history books.

Citaro - i know its early but is the plan to keep the X21 as Pronto but with an update of the terrible livery it has now?.
(10 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Citaro - i know its early but is the plan to keep the X21 as Pronto but with an update of the terrible livery it has now?.

Even if they get rid of the X20 off the side for a start. X20 been under Prince Bishops for ages
(10 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Even if they get rid of the X20 off the side for a start. X20 been under Prince Bishops for ages

[Image: 9912965824_4ca265d4dc_c.jpg]

I was under the impression the X20 stickers were removed and replaced by additional X21 stickers when service X20 was first removed from the brand?
(10 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ][Image: 9912965824_4ca265d4dc_c.jpg]

I was under the impression the X20 stickers were removed and replaced by additional X21 stickers when service X20 was first removed from the brand?

They might of done. Thought I saw one with X20 on last week.
Sorry ill re-word my question.

When the X21 get's citaro's from the cobolt clipper early next year, will we see a new brand or an updated version of the Pronto?
(10 Nov 2013, 7:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sorry ill re-word my question.

When the X21 get's citaro's from the cobolt clipper early next year, will we see a new brand or an updated version of the Pronto?

Good God Michael, thats a long way off.....anything could be agreed between now and then Big Grin
(10 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Good God Michael, thats a long way off.....anything could be agreed between now and then Big Grin

=D, i hope we do see an updated version of it, i think the X21 could become a good brand if it's changed.
(10 Nov 2013, 7:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]=D, i hope we do see an updated version of it, i think the X21 could become a good brand if it's changed.

Well remember that as they're totally different buses, the livery design will need to be updated to match the new vehicle - that is, of course, assuming it's not a totally different design!