North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:51 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]- All, or most ''Citylink'' bendy buses.
- All 52' reg ''Washington Street Shuttle'' and ''Venture'' branded MPD's.
- 501/2/3/10 should be withdrawn and replaced with newer ''Venture'' MPD's.
- All Lolynes and Olympians should be withdrawn as a result of new deckers arriving, with Presidents and Vykings taking a back seat role.

Yeah, it does! - I've saw mainly 8228/8293 on there, and also 5229 a couple of times. Normally leave with very few seats, too! 8228 was previously used on the 688, but only really needed a MPD.

74 is generally always an MPD when I see it. 8228/8293 should be allocated to the 2 school boards in theory, not sure what they work onto though.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, it looks like it does, known me i'll of worked it out wrong haha

Is the 74 the busiest of tynedale links services?

From my sightings, yeah, I'd say so! Most of the other ones are just local Hexham services!
(20 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]74 is generally always an MPD when I see it. 8228/8293 should be allocated to the 2 school boards in theory, not sure what they work onto though.

Ah, well I always see it on a Saturday, so maybe that's why?
- All Lolynes and Olympians should be withdrawn as a result of new deckers arriving, with Presidents and Vykings taking a back seat role.

Thanks =), i totally forgot, which ones were going.

also the SPD should be gone to when the deckers are in service... thankfully.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:56 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks =), i totally forgot, which ones were going.

And of course, SPD's! Forgot about them! Tongue
(20 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]And of course, SPD's! Forgot about them! Tongue

We can't forget that!

CatsFast101

I thought it was all SPD's rather than the Lolynes?
(20 Nov 2013, 5:51 pm)tw4083 wrote [ -> ]This is the Euro6 version of the Optare Solo SR body style.

Are you sure? The Optare specification sheet for the Solo SR only mentions Euro 5?
http://www.optare.com/images/brochures/Solo%20Spec.pdf

Given that the "Venture" upgrade is the prime topic of conversation this evening, see this post for the predicted specific fleet movements.

The majority of Olympians should be withdrawn when the "Cobalt Clipper" B9s enter service. The remaining Olympians will be withdrawn with next year's investment, and Lolynes may be looked at too (given that they're non-DDA). If it was a toss-up out of Lolynes and Renowns, I think Renowns may be withdrawn before Lolynes however. As we all know, plans are fluid, and many factors have to be taken into consideration. The Lolynes should be fine for scholar use until their "age limit" calls.

As we already know, Solars are directly replacing SPDs in the fleet so that they will all be withdrawn by January 2014.

(20 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]74 is generally always an MPD when I see it. 8228/8293 should be allocated to the 2 school boards in theory, not sure what they work onto though.

I believe the 74 and Hexham's scholar services interwork, hence the weekday usage of either 8228 or 8293 on the 74. If they're both on the road, 8293 is typically allocated to service 74, while 8228 is typically allocated to service 688.
(20 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Are you sure? The Optare specification sheet for the Solo SR only mentions Euro 5?
http://www.optare.com/images/brochures/Solo%20Spec.pdf

Given that the "Venture" upgrade is the prime topic of conversation this evening, see this post for the predicted specific fleet movements.

The majority of Olympians should be withdrawn when the "Cobalt Clipper" B9s enter service. The remaining Olympians will be withdrawn with next year's investment, and Lolynes may be looked at too (given that they're non-DDA). If it was a toss-up out of Lolynes and Renowns, I think Renowns may be withdrawn before Lolynes however. As we all know, plans are fluid, and many factors have to be taken into consideration. The Lolynes should be fine for scholar use until their "age limit" calls.

As we already know, Solars are directly replacing SPDs in the fleet so that they will all be withdrawn by January 2014.

Thanks, If all of the Olympian's aren't getting withdrawn, which depot will they go to, will they stop at Stanley?
Hopefully they will be kept for reserve.

The Renowns on the Lime are good buses, the 1998 ones are brill
(20 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks, If all of the Olympian's aren't getting withdrawn, which depot will they go to, will they stop at Stanley?
Hopefully they will be kept for reserve.

I think that level of information is beyond any of us enthusiasts!
I imagine the Olympians will go to whichever depot has the scholars which require them.
(20 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think that level of information is beyond any of us enthusiasts!
I imagine the Olympians will go to whichever depot has the scholars which require them.

XD, maybe!

It's worked out good for the SPD getting withdrawn.

Maybe a couple of the older buses will get withdrawn to?
(20 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think that level of information is beyond any of us enthusiasts!

I was thinking about that and a number of scholars are interworking now, so got no further forward Wink
(20 Nov 2013, 6:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Maybe a couple of the older buses will get withdrawn to?

Maybe a little too hopeful considering the Lime order didn't go through this year. Tongue
(20 Nov 2013, 6:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Maybe a little too hopeful considering the Lime order didn't go through this year. Tongue

Tongue, shame!
I noticed today several- if not all red arrows B9s have lost the horrible red square behind the blue number making it much easier to see the route number. Does anyone know if theres a plan to change all the other blinds to look like this?
8293 is often found on the service 74 1235 dep from Eldon Sq, on arrival at Hexham it parks at the bus station and then works one of the school services, I think it works the one to Haltwhistle and 8228 works the one out to Hexhamshire I think it goes to Whitley Chapel
The New Solo SR's look very smart and I prefer the New Rear compared to the Nexus/Sunderland Connect Examples.
(20 Nov 2013, 6:36 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]I noticed today several- if not all red arrows B9s have lost the horrible red square behind the blue number making it much easier to see the route number. Does anyone know if theres a plan to change all the other blinds to look like this?

No there is not, if fact going to be more with colour - Whey Aye 50 for starters with a blue background like the Coaster (should be uploaded any day)

On the sign software the numbers are actually white not blue!

CatsFast101

(20 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]No there is not, if fact going to be more with colour - Whey Aye 50 for starters with a blue background like the Coaster (should be uploaded any day)

So why didn't the Saltwell Park/Drifter Streetlites have a colour number?
(20 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]No there is not, if fact going to be more with colour - Whey Aye 50 for starters with a blue background like the Coaster (should be uploaded any day)

Its a shame the laser/diamond citaro's couldnt have a colour remotly similar to their brands as they dont look the same with they orangey/yellow numbers.