North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Nov 2013, 5:31 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Bet you a Tenner, Bazza sent like million complaints to GNE about how bad the Cadets are once he heard the Versas were to go onto the M2/M3 earlier this year, And got GNE to change there minds, and in exchange he has a free pass to trespass into any Depot of his Choosing without getting into any form of trouble.

Meanwhile us M2/M3 Passengers are stuck into a "Fiery Hell" of a Unreliable Service where we'll get stuck on that One Lane Bridge in Harraton as a Cadet on the M3 has Burst into Flames after one to many trips up that steep bank in Birtley.

And then whilst we are Burning to Crisp in Harraton, Bazza is out and about taking a Video of the Versas on the 88/88A in Hebburn, much like this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBVkUMFg7Rk

haha, that one lane bridge is causing too much stress in your life :p
(17 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I bet that's what you say to all the painters... Wink
Believe so Dan. It'll be interesting to see what Nexus do. I can't see anything other than a short term contract being tabled initially, because depending on what happens with QCS, you could potentially be overlapping on contracts to run the service.

I hope GNE continue to run it but would Citaro K's be able to get around some of the roads on its routes?

Will be interesting to see what nexus do, would be interesting if someone like Arriva got to run it.
Nice to see more marketing efforts by Go North East on The Chronicle's website this evening...
(17 Nov 2013, 6:15 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Nice to see more marketing efforts by Go North East on The Chronicle's website this evening...

Lovely advertising there, certainly catches my eye! That's decent - £1 from Gateshead? - Is that from Saltwell Park or Newcastle?
(17 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]But how will Go North East then withdraw all of the SPDs from the fleet? It seems like quite a long-winded task to repaint all of the Renowns that are currently branded as "Centurion" into "Northern", given that they should be withdrawn next year (in accordance with the 15 year "age limit" of each vehicle).

So hang if there is 15 Year Age Limit, Why are GNE Withdrawing the 52reg MPD's on the WSS which are only 11 Years Old and are in Fine Working Order and have a good few years left in them then.

Well there is 21 SPD's left in the Fleet, So I would Suggest

MPD's (8) - Chester le Street (3 for the 71) - Hexham (1 for Tynedale Links) and then Saltmeadows (2 for the S1/27X - for Cadet 8266 and MPD 565 to be Available) Gateshead (2 MPD + Cadet 8266 for Any Service) - Peterlee (565 for East Durham Services)

Solars (22) - Percy Main (10 for Service 17) - Stanley (6 for Any Service) - Winlaton (4 for Any Service) - Chester le Street (2 for Any Service)

Renowns (14) 10 From Percy Main - (2 for Gateshead/Chester/Deptford/Percy Main and Stanley = 10) (Temporary till more New Buses Arrive - 4 from Peterlee (Withdrawn)

Omnicitys (10) Chester le Street (6 for the 50) - Peterlee (4 for the X7)

SPD's (21) - All Withdrawn
(17 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]So hang if there is 15 Year Age Limit, Why are GNE Withdrawing the 52reg MPD's on the WSS which are only 11 Years Old and are in Fine Working Order and have a good few years left in them then.

Getting ahead of the game, perhaps? It's also why I suggested that the Lolynes are being looked into as well. Remember that 15 years is just the average though - some may live longer, some may not.

Go North East may have realised that their only shot at selling the MPDs for a relatively decent price is now - sooner, rather than later. A few years more down the line, and they'll be going to the scrap man too. If they can get more money off them by selling them to another operator as opposed to the scrap man, surely that's the best thing to do? It will help fund future fleet investment.
(17 Nov 2013, 5:39 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]haha, that one lane bridge is causing too much stress in your life :p

Indeed it is, if Renown 4920 which can't Reverse wasn't causing enough havoc in Harraton, we have these horrible Cadets to from Tomorrow
(17 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]So hang if there is 15 Year Age Limit, Why are GNE Withdrawing the 52reg MPD's on the WSS which are only 11 Years Old and are in Fine Working Order and have a good few years left in them then.

Well there is 21 SPD's left in the Fleet, So I would Suggest

MPD's (8) - Chester le Street (3 for the 71) - Hexham (1 for Tynedale Links) and then Saltmeadows (2 for the S1/27X - for Cadet 8266 and MPD 565 to be Available) Gateshead (2 MPD + Cadet 8266 for Any Service) - Peterlee (565 for East Durham Services)

Solars (22) - Percy Main (10 for Service 17) - Stanley (6 for Any Service) - Winlaton (4 for Any Service) - Chester le Street (2 for Any Service)

Renowns (14) 10 From Percy Main - (2 for Gateshead/Chester/Deptford/Percy Main and Stanley = 10) (Temporary till more New Buses Arrive - 4 from Peterlee (Withdrawn)

Omnicitys (10) Chester le Street (6 for the 50) - Peterlee (4 for the X7)

SPD's (21) - All Withdrawn

Aye, those 52 reg ones were brilliant, it is beyond me why they are withdrawing them! - I'd keep two at Washy because the Cadets are always off road.
(17 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Lovely advertising there, certainly catches my eye! That's decent - £1 from Gateshead? - Is that from Saltwell Park or Newcastle?

Their website says the same - I'd assume it was £1 to/from Saltwell Park & Gateshead.
(17 Nov 2013, 6:21 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Indeed it is, if Renown 4920 which can't Reverse wasn't causing enough havoc in Harraton, we have these horrible Cadets to from Tomorrow

I was on one the other week and it bounced around off the kerbs just nice coming from Harraton into Wear Ind Est.

Imagine if the little bus stop at Barmston gets blocked too?
Where will the buses get turned around?
(17 Nov 2013, 6:21 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Indeed it is, if Renown 4920 which can't Reverse wasn't causing enough havoc in Harraton, we have these horrible Cadets to from Tomorrow

I feel truly sorry for you Adam... They are one of the worst vehicles in GNE's current fleet. Luckily for you, the odds of getting a Cadet are low. More likely to get a Versa, or a MPD!
Had the "pleasure" of 4837 on the X25 the other day and I noticed it's developed a strange whistling noise as it accelerate. 4844 is another culprit.
(17 Nov 2013, 6:36 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I feel truly sorry for you Adam... They are one of the worst vehicles in GNE's current fleet. Luckily for you, the odds of getting a Cadet are low. More likely to get a Versa, or a MPD!

Could have 3 Solars also, I think I might go to Hebburn to Find Bazza and Hit Him with The Rock Bottom/Peoples Elbow on the Day the Versas are Launched on the 88/88A.
(17 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I was on one the other week and it bounced around off the kerbs just nice coming from Harraton into Wear Ind Est.

Imagine if the little bus stop at Barmston gets blocked too?
Where will the buses get turned around?

Peel Retail Park Roundabout
(17 Nov 2013, 6:21 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Getting ahead of the game, perhaps? It's also why I suggested that the Lolynes are being looked into as well. Remember that 15 years is just the average though - some may live longer, some may not.

Go North East may have realised that their only shot at selling the MPDs for a relatively decent price is now - sooner, rather than later. A few years more down the line, and they'll be going to the scrap man too. If they can get more money off them by selling them to another operator as opposed to the scrap man, surely that's the best thing to do? It will help fund future fleet investment.

I suppose in GNE's Eyes it is what Best for Business in regards to Future Investment, Hopefully this will Result in the M2/M3 getting New Buses in 2014. Still rather have MPD's over Cadets though for the time being.
(17 Nov 2013, 6:50 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Peel Retail Park Roundabout

Whey they could do, but driving around Barmston 2-3 times sounds better
So, going back to when the Saltwell Park vehicles arrived and the amount of comments who thought the colour was awful.....has the branded changed your minds?
(17 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]So, going back to when the Saltwell Park vehicles arrived and the amount of comments who thought the colour was awful.....has the branded changed your minds?

Defiantly Wink
(17 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]So, going back to when the Saltwell Park vehicles arrived and the amount of comments who thought the colour was awful.....has the branded changed your minds?

Defiantly, looks much better now since they were branded.

Let's hope the South Tyne Versa's look better.
(17 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Defiantly, looks much better now since they were branded.

Let's hope the South Tyne Versa's look better.

aye cos i use it to/from school