North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Nov 2013, 6:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They weren't on the TTX when they first arrived - if you look at photos from the Quayside launch, no seats have the red headrests.
Were later implemented on the TTX lot mid-September, if memory serves.

The 2 original 724 working Geminis were without headrests too
(25 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Just to strike some discussion (hopefully), a photo appeared on Facebook earlier of a Gemini destined for the GNE's 56 service - still at Wrights:
[Image: 1472919_550204968403018_1220225524_n.jpg...635ec04f21]

Copyright unfortunately unknown.

me encanta Smile May start using the 56 more instead of the 28, X1 or X25. I'm presuming they're coming with WiFi?
(25 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]me encanta Smile May start using the 56 more instead of the 28, X1 or X25. I'm presuming they're coming with WiFi?

As standard!
Believe it's plug socket standard too, but could be wrong on that one.

EDIT: Of course we can't forget the Next Stop Announcements too...!
(25 Nov 2013, 8:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As standard!

Good, i know what bus i'll be getting home from college now..

Except the announcements can get annoying....
On the subject of next stop announcements. Are the Saltwell Park Streetlites getting them? Noticed the absence of them last Friday.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:31 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]On the subject of next stop announcements. Are the Saltwell Park Streetlites getting them? Noticed the absence of them last Friday.

The drifter one's haven't got them either, must just need turning on.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:31 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]On the subject of next stop announcements. Are the Saltwell Park Streetlites getting them? Noticed the absence of them last Friday.

Don't think so - believe the screen at the front will be used to promote things, like on the X1.

(25 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The drifter one's haven't got them either, must just need turning on.

The Drifters do - I noted it when they were first turned on. I believe I've travelled on every single one now, and it works on them all. It won't work if you're on the 42.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The drifter one's haven't got them either, must just need turning on.

Yeah I assumed they're just waiting the recording or testing
(25 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Don't think so - believe the screen at the front will be used to promote things, like on the X1.

Does anyone remember the short lived adverts on the 724 and 21s? Blaring out at loud levels
(25 Nov 2013, 8:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As standard!

Yeah, you can deffo expect to see me on the 56 more often than usual. Thank you Smile
(25 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Yeah I assumed they're just waiting the recording or testing

As said above, I don't believe they are getting them.
Further evaluation of Go North East's website would suggest the same - the Saltwell Park page has no mention of the Next Stop Announcements, whereas the Connections 4, Drifter and Venture do.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As said above, I don't believe they are getting them.
Further evaluation of Go North East's website would suggest the same - the Saltwell Park page has no mention of the Next Stop Announcements, whereas the Connections 4, Drifter and Venture do.

Does it not now make you wonder why? Free Wi-Fi and next stop announcements have become standard with new additions to the fleet. Seems strange to omit the Saltwell Park solely.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Does it not now make you wonder why? Free Wi-Fi and next stop announcements have become standard with new additions to the fleet. Seems strange to omit the Saltwell Park solely.

They might of forgot to put it on and haven't updated yet but it does seem strange they haven't put it on.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Does it not now make you wonder why? Free Wi-Fi and next stop announcements have become standard with new additions to the fleet. Seems strange to omit the Saltwell Park solely.

Admittedly is quite strange, though I do believe one of our GNE reps mentioned it long before their arrival.
I'd have chosen to give the Parks NSA over the Venture network, but there must be a reason.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]Does anyone remember the short lived adverts on the 724 and 21s? Blaring out at loud levels

It wasn't just those two routes.
They never seemed to work either.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]Does anyone remember the short lived adverts on the 724 and 21s? Blaring out at loud levels

lol yes! I'm sure they ran at about 5fps. Shocking quality. Loud & annoying. Glad they got rid.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'd have chosen to give the Parks NSA over the Venture network, but there must be a reason.

We're full of information tonight!

A further four Solo SRs for the "Venture" network arrived today, bringing the total to 10/12.
(25 Nov 2013, 9:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]We're full of information tonight!

A further four Solo SRs for the "Venture" network arrived today, bringing the total to 10/12.

That was really quick
(25 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]lol yes! I'm sure they ran at about 5fps. Shocking quality. Loud & annoying. Glad they got rid.

I think they used to have them on 'Silver Arrows' as well. They were rubbish, especially if you had to listen to them over and over on a longer journey. Also, going back to the X1 displays - there's a new design that looks a little bit like a mix between the 'Connections 4' and 'Tynedale Express' displays.
(25 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As said above, I don't believe they are getting them.

Correct - Saltwell Park won't be having next stop announcements, but the buses are unique in having a bigger buggy bay than the Drifter Streetlite's in response to comments raised in a customer research