North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Part 1:
[Image: 10872445626_e0a444c019_c.jpg]

Part 2:
[Image: 10872417445_eb0988bcb8_c.jpg]

Cheers Tom.

A few areas not having a service and others having quite a frequent one with 2-3 different services...
Hmmm...
(15 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Cheers Tom.

A few areas not having a service and others having quite a frequent one with 2-3 different services...
Hmmm...

I think it's disgusting that North Tyneside (more so Wallsend area) doesn't have a service!

No service for Fence Houses either Big Grin
(15 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Services 2A/2C - Every 20 minutes combined
Service 4 - Every 20 minutes
Service 9 - Every 30 minutes
Services 10A/10B - Every 15 minutes combined
Service 20 - Every 30 minutes
Service 21 - Every 10 minutes to Chester-le-Street, every 30 minutes to Durham.
Service 26 - Every 30 minutes
Service 27 - Every 20 minutes
Services 35B/35C - Every 30 minutes combined
Service 42 - Every 15 minutes
Services 43/44 - Every 30 minutes combined
Service 47 - Every 30 minutes
Services 49/49B - Every 15 minutes combined
Service 51 - Every 20 minutes
Service 52 - Every 20 minutes
Service 53 - Every 20 minutes
Service 54 - Every 20 minutes
Service 56 - Every 20 minutes
Service 58 - Every 15 minutes to Newcastle, every 30 minutes to Hadrian Park
Service 60 - Every 30 minutes
Service 88 - Every 30 minutes
Service 97 - Every 30 minutes
Services 309/310 - Every 15 minutes combined
Service X1 - Every 20 minutes
Service X31 - Every hour between Newcastle and Stanley, with three journeys running to Lanchester (arriving 1529, 1819 and 1829)
Service X66 - Frequent service
Service X40 - Every 20 minutes for a limited time before/after the match.
Service X50 - Every 12 minutes

Assumed depot workings:
Deptford
Gateshead
Chester-le-Street

Service 88 looks like it could interwork with the 35B/C (in which case would be worked by Deptford), but it could also be standalone and be operated by worked by Gateshead.
Service 47 was operated by Chester-le-Street last year, and one would assume it would be worked from Chester-le-Street again this year.

Edited with a lovely colourful little list for you all! :p
(15 Nov 2013, 5:27 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I think it's disgusting that North Tyneside (more so Wallsend area) doesn't have a service!

No service for Fence Houses either Big Grin

Not sure who makes these decisions, but there are some poor ones (again).

A town the size of Wallsend surely deserves a service?
It is certainly more populous than Herrington Burn, that will have 5 services an hour Huh
(15 Nov 2013, 5:27 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I think it's disgusting that North Tyneside (more so Wallsend area) doesn't have a service!

Are these just GNE services, Wallsend might be covered by Stagecoach.
(15 Nov 2013, 5:31 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not sure who makes these decisions, but there are some poor ones (again).

A town the size of Wallsend surely deserves a service?
It is certainly more populous than Herrington Burn, that will have 5 services an hour Huh

Yeah! - I'd imagine the Coaster would have been busy? Serves several popular areas of North Tyneside. North Shields-Newcastle would probably be a more suitable option.
(15 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah! - I'd imagine the Coaster would have been busy? Serves several popular areas of North Tyneside. North Shields-Newcastle would probably be a more suitable option.

That's the thing.
Having a 'through' service would work. If people get on in Wallsend, fantastic.
If they don't, there will be passengers from points previous and beyond the point.

Fatfield is well served by three frequent services too!
(15 Nov 2013, 5:41 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]That's the thing.
Having a 'through' service would work. If people get on in Wallsend, fantastic.
If they don't, there will be passengers from points previous and beyond the point.

Fatfield is well served by three frequent services too!

Yep! - Boxing Day is more or less a similar day to a Sunday. Last week, a 1A was carrying a full load - I'd imagine it would be a similar story on a Boxing Day.
(15 Nov 2013, 5:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yep! - Boxing Day is more or less a similar day to a Sunday. Last week, a 1A was carrying a full load - I'd imagine it would be a similar story on a Boxing Day.

Yet just a few miles up the road from Wallsend, the Coast Road has the 58 and 309/310 running every 15 mins each.
Why not stick the 1 on, between Newcastle and North Shields to offer an alternative, but one which serves a bigger population?
(15 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm)Liam wrote [ -> ]Aren't Go North East usually the only company who provide commercially ran services on Boxing day? Last year at least, all of Stagecoach's services on Boxing day were funded by Nexus, admittedly a few of Go North East's were too. It seems a bit harsh suggesting that Go North East need to provide more services, when in reality neither Arriva or Stagecoach actually run services on a commercial basis on the day.

Totally agree. I am lead to believe it is the same this year, all of the other services not listed by GNE are funded by Nexus.
(15 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm)Liam wrote [ -> ]Aren't Go North East usually the only company who provide commercially ran services on Boxing day? Last year at least, all of Stagecoach's services on Boxing day were funded by Nexus, admittedly a few of Go North East's were too. It seems a bit harsh suggesting that Go North East need to provide more services, when in reality neither Arriva or Stagecoach actually run services on a commercial basis on the day.

Not sure anyone is saying they need to stick more on - they possibly should spread services out, rather than duplicating routes in areas that probably don't justify such a frequent service to a couple of different destinations.

Herrington Burn doesn't justify the x1, 35b or 35c - pretty much following each other between Hetton and Herrington Burn.

Fatfield doesn't need the 2a, 2c and the 4.

Does the Coast Road need 8 buses an hour running along it?

I can't see crowds of people using the 42 and 60 along the common section of their routes either.

Whilst the 26 will serve part of North Sunderland that the 56 won't, will they be busy?

Yet, Wallsend and other towns, villages and Estates with bigger populations (and Fencehouses) have nowt.
Can't see the logic myself.
On a different note, with all these new arrivals, the resulting spares is enough to get rid of the Olympians and SPD (providing GNE are willing to replace the DD with singles)
(15 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]On a different note, with all these new arrivals, the resulting spares is enough to get rid of the Olympians and SPD (providing GNE are willing to replace the DD with singles)

Yes, that's true. All Olympians and SPDs will be gone by January.
I believe Lolynes and Renowns are the agenda for next year's investment plan.
(15 Nov 2013, 6:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, that's true. All Olympians and SPDs will be gone by January.
I believe Lolynes and Renowns are the agenda for next year's investment plan.

Yes I imagine some of the 56 solars will go on the X7 to defunk the renowns and maybe some off the toonlink
I think folks will find stagecoach provided a lot of routes commercially in Newcastle and Sunderland last Boxing Day, as well as a few in shields too.

Re svc 1: last year it only operated North Shields - Whitley bay. Howdon/ wallsend was only covered by a 17a, also via ferry, I think?

Arriva depots traditionally don't open on Boxing Day.
(15 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm)JakeSavage wrote [ -> ]Arriva depots traditionally don't open on Boxing Day.

Which is why, in previous years, Go North East have been approached to operate Arriva's 306 and 308 services.
Assume X66 later workings are funded by CSC again.

Rather pointless since there's going to be nothing to connect to.

Thought X22 might have got a run out this year.

Metrocentre is 9am to 8pm
(15 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Are these just GNE services, Wallsend might be covered by Stagecoach.

Does the Metro not run too? I have no idea if it ran last year. That's if it's not too Christmasy for them.
(15 Nov 2013, 7:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Which is why, in previous years, Go North East have been approached to operate Arriva's 306 and 308 services.

Yes, I think everyone's had a go on the Boxing Day 306/308. I remember travelling on a stagecoach tub Trident in 1999! I also seem to recall classic ran it back in the day with minis? Don't think the 306/308 ran last year though, did it?

I do find it rather amusing seeing all the branded vehicles many miles from home on Boxing Day! Wonder what'll be furthest away this year?
(15 Nov 2013, 7:24 pm)JakeSavage wrote [ -> ]Yes, I think everyone's had a go on the Boxing Day 306/308. I remember travelling on a stagecoach tub Trident in 1999! I also seem to recall classic ran it back in the day with minis? Don't think the 306/308 ran last year though, did it?

I do find it rather amusing seeing all the branded vehicles many miles from home on Boxing Day! Wonder what'll be furthest away this year?

Why don't the depots open out of interest? Is it a commercial decision, or perhaps terms and conditions related for the driving staff?