North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02 Nov 2013, 12:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Silver, looks better than in Blue or Mint green.. lol

What he said...was Silver

(02 Nov 2013, 12:35 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Can anyone explain why both of these demonstrators have NI plates - but other Wright demonstrators (as far as I'm aware) didn't.

I know the obvious answer will be because they were registered in Northern Ireland - but if they spent a big chunk of time here, would it have made more sense to give them 'mainland' GB plates?

Is it do with the fact Wright is in Ballymena or somewhere round there
Aye, that is where the Wright factory is - so it makes sense vehicles allocated to operators in Northern Ireland get NI plates.

But unless these demonstrators were doing work over there before coming to England, then why give them NI plates?

As I say, there will be a reason for these two having them and the others not having them, just not sure what that reason will be.

It's like the Scania Gas bus demonstrator having Swedish plates (or plates from wherever it was constructed) or a VDL vehicle coming over on Dutch plates.

The Renown with the NI plate has always bugged me too - espec when other vehicles in the batch have GB plates.
(02 Nov 2013, 5:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Aye, that is where the Wright factory is - so it makes sense vehicles allocated to operators in Northern Ireland get NI plates.

But unless these demonstrators were doing work over there before coming to England, then why give them NI plates?

As I say, there will be a reason for these two having them and the others not having them, just not sure what that reason will be.

It's like the Scania Gas bus demonstrator having Swedish plates (or plates for wherever it was constructed) or a VDL vehicle coming over on Dutch plates.

The Renown with the NI plate has always bugged me too - espec when other vehicles in the batch have GB plates.

What actually happens with demonstrators once they have done the rounds, do they ultimately end up going back to Ballymena, which could be why it always keeps it Northern Ireland registration...

A LITTLE OFF TOPIC HERE...A little funny story about Northern Irish reg plates, my uncle got married 25 years ago to a Belfast girl, they married in our local church, because my aunts family and friends are N.Irish and this was a time when everyone was wary of the IRA, the local constabulary got in a flap wondering why so many N.Irish people and cars descended on Murton...Could just see the conversation now, worrying if the IRA were about to bomb Murton...As if, blow this dump up and it would cause millions of improvements
(02 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]What actually happens with demonstrators once they have done the rounds, do they ultimately end up going back to Ballymena, which could be why it always keeps it Northern Ireland registration...

A LITTLE OFF TOPIC HERE...A little funny story about Northern Irish reg plates, my uncle got married 25 years ago to a Belfast girl, they married in our local church, because my aunts family and friends are N.Irish and this was a time when everyone was wary of the IRA, the local constabulary got in a flap wondering why so many N.Irish people and cars descended on Murton...Could just see the conversation now, worrying if the IRA were about to bomb Murton...As if, blow this dump up and it would cause millions of improvements

These two possibly did end up back there - but other Wright demonstrators didn't or don't have NI plates (memory and google tell me that).

Either way, the biggest market for selling them on after they have finished demonstrating, isn't going to be in Northern Ireland.

It is amazing the dodgy looks an English accent gets over there away from Belfast.
As far as the locals go, an Englishman in Northern Ireland must be police or armed forces!
(02 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Forgot the #NEBExclusive Dan

Can't be a #NEBExclusive if you post it from elsewhere else, where its already online Tongue If you could access it solely on here then it would be exclusive.
Tyne Bridge closed both ways. Obvious effect on services into town
(02 Nov 2013, 5:14 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The Renown with the NI plate has always bugged me too - espec when other vehicles in the batch have GB plates.

Do you mean 4840 (340 GUP)? If so, I believe it's just a private registration plate. I'm sure Arriva have a few of their pre-2001 registration plate buses with private registrations too.

(02 Nov 2013, 5:35 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]These two possibly did end up back there - but other Wright demonstrators didn't or don't have NI plates (memory and google tell me that).

CRZ7495 ended up with Preston Bus - see photo here.
I don't believe ERZ2028 has been sold to an operator as of yet.
(02 Nov 2013, 6:26 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Do you mean 4840 (340 GUP)? If so, I believe it's just a private registration plate. I'm sure Arriva have a few of their pre-2001 registration plate buses with private registrations too.

CRZ7495 ended up with Preston Bus - see photo here.
I don't believe ERZ2028 has been sold to an operator as of yet.

That most probably is a private plate, N.I plates is always 3 letters, 4 numbers, i.e. ABC 1234
(02 Nov 2013, 6:40 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]That most probably is a private plate, N.I plates is always 3 letters, 4 numbers, i.e. ABC 1234

340 GUP is most definite a private plate, it is originally from the 1960s era when the Northern Routemasters and other amazing vehicles were on our local routes.

Quite a lot of the registrations were retained and used on coaches until they got rid of private hire, holiday tours and stayed with Nat Ex work only.

Really miss seeing more of the local plates out and about
(02 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm)Liam wrote [ -> ]I think you've totally missed the point of me using that hashtag...

Yeah it looks that way, I thought the meaning behind #NEBExclusive was the First Photo of a New/Repainted/Rebranded Bus to be posted on the NEB Forum whether that be via Flickr or not.
Always thought it was an NI plate and have done since first seeing it on the 194 way back when.
Hold my hands up!

Here is a photo of the plate on another vehicle

www.flickr.com/photos/26024754@N07/9420781301/

NEB Admin Team

(02 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]Tyne Bridge closed both ways. Obvious effect on services into town

One of the vehicles seemed to be a complete write-off from the look of it G. I was on the last X36 to Newcastle and got stuck on the Tyne Bridge for 20 minutes. One of the passengers just could not stop swearing about the inconvenience, and all of us ended up disembarking and walking over into Newcastle instead. We had already been 10 minutes late anyway from roadworks in Boldon, but the driver was asked to still stay in service over the radio.

Hopefully there were no fatalities, and my thoughts are with all involved.
(02 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm)Brandon wrote [ -> ]One of the vehicles seemed to be a complete write-off from the look of it G. I was on the last X36 to Newcastle and got stuck on the Tyne Bridge for 20 minutes. One of the passengers just could not stop swearing about the inconvenience, and all of us ended up disembarking and walking over into Newcastle instead. We had already been 10 minutes late anyway from roadworks in Boldon, but the driver was asked to still stay in service over the radio.

Hopefully there were no fatalities, and my thoughts are with all involved.

What was involved?, hope all is ok
(02 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What was involved?, hope all is ok

Yeah, me too! My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

NEB Admin Team

(02 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What was involved?, hope all is ok

Not entirely sure, I didn't know it was multi-vehicle incident at the time. The car I saw was facing the wrong way in the north-bound carriageway, but I've since seen in the press that it was a three-vehicle road traffic collision - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...er-6266169
If anyone is wanting a photo of 4936 in its Northern livery, it did the 10:55 from Wrekenton to Newcastle. I'll let you lot work out which journeys it'll be operating Tongue
I've been on a TEN, connections 4, and Crusader today, and noticed they've all Got zero internal branding now. I know the Connections 4 won't have had it, but the TEN and Crusader did afaik. Is this being scrapped to utilise advertising space?
(03 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I've been on a TEN, connections 4, and Crusader today, and noticed they've all Got zero internal branding now. I know the Connections 4 won't have had it, but the TEN and Crusader did afaik. Is this being scrapped to utilise advertising space?

Noticed that on a 27 the other week and did wonder.
With it not being on the 4, just thought somebody hadn't got round to getting it organised - just like when the Northern Renowns had Highwayman internal branding months after they last saw any action in Whickham...

The first thing that needs adding on branded services (near the front of the bus) are details of the zoning structure.
Crusader Mercedes have not had internal branding since they came off the TEN.
(03 Nov 2013, 3:53 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]Crusader Mercedes have not had internal branding since they came off the TEN.

The B10BLEs weren't given internal branding when they were 'Crusader' branded either.