North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]Really? You didn't think it was a fairly weak launch?

Nah, but there again I actually seen them on the buses. I often miss the launches as I make that unacceptable mistake of working full time... Smile
3 Street Shuttle MPD's on the M2/M3 if anyone wants some photos for there archives etc.

Also has all the Citylink Versas entered Service yet and have any of the Venture Solo SR's Arrived at all.
(20 Nov 2013, 2:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Also has all the Citylink Versas entered Service yet and have any of the Venture Solo SR's Arrived at all.

Three (?) were still being prepared for service at Saltmeadows yesterday, so I doubt it.

The first "Venture" Solo SR arrived about half an hour ago - registration being NL63 YAB. Photo to come soon.

CatsFast101

5375 next stop announcements weren't working this morning, and as has been mentioned on fb, wifi isn't working any drifter I've travelled on.
Also East Durham MPD 574 was driving by an engineer down Durham Road past Prospect 9:00ish.
(20 Nov 2013, 4:47 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]5375 next stop announcements weren't working this morning, and as has been mentioned on fb, wifi isn't working any drifter I've travelled on.
Also East Durham MPD 574 was driving by an engineer down Durham Road past Prospect 9:00ish.

Nor any 4 I've travelled on. Devices pick up and connects to the network, but the DHCP server won't issue an IP address. I was thinking it was my phone, but the three I used on Sunday wouldn't take my iPad either.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Nor any 4 I've travelled on. Devices pick up and connects to the network, but the DHCP server won't issue an IP address. I was thinking it was my phone, but the three I used on Sunday wouldn't take my iPad either.

Nor my Galaxy S4 or BlackBerry!

Tried on all of the new buses that have been delivered as of late, and no Wi-Fi has worked for me.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Nor my Galaxy S4 or BlackBerry!

Tried on all of the new buses that have been delivered as of late, and no Wi-Fi has worked for me.

I did email customer services when I first noticed two weeks ago, but I'm still awaiting my promised reply.
(20 Nov 2013, 4:40 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The first "Venture" Solo SR arrived about half an hour ago - registration being NL63 YAB. Photo to come soon.

Apologies for the low quality shot, but it's the best #NEBExclusive Liam could manage in this frankly appalling weather.
Kudos to him for being out in such weather, ready to pounce on the Solo SR!

Both photos were taken from outside of the depot perimeter, and note the full rear destination (similar to the "Citylink" branded Versas):
[attachment=4987]
[attachment=4988]
(20 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Apologies for the low quality shot, but it's the best #NEBExclusive Liam could manage in this frankly appalling weather.
Kudos to him for being out in such weather, ready to pounce on the Solo SR!

Both photos were taken from outside of the depot perimeter, and note the full rear destination (similar to the "Citylink" branded Versas):
They look good, will look even better when they are branded.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]They look good, will look even better when they are branded.

The rear lights look hugely different too... I must say I prefer the rear of the older SRs we have in the fleet as opposed to these.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The rear lights look hugely different too... I must say I prefer the rear of the older SRs we have in the fleet as opposed to these.

i can't spot any differences unless its just me.

Does anybody know if 8228 will be replaced when its withdrawn (the only Tynedale links SPD), not sure if all the branded buses are needed and will 8293 be withdrawn to?
(20 Nov 2013, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]i can't spot any differences unless its just me.

Does anybody know if 8228 will be replaced when its withdrawn (the only Tynedale links SPD), not sure if all the branded buses are needed and will 8293 be withdrawn to?

No chance of 8293 being withdrawn, considering it's age? - Will be staying at Hexham for a while yet Smile
(20 Nov 2013, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]i can't spot any differences unless its just me.

I don't know how! See photo of 626's rear here.

theOne hinted at something a few weeks ago - perhaps this could be the plan?
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=290&pid=19203#pid19203

(20 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]No chance of 8293 being withdrawn, considering it's age? - Will be staying at Hexham for a while yet Smile

Given its reliability, I'd guess discussions have started as to what 8293's replacement could be.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]No chance of 8293 being withdrawn, considering it's age? - Will be staying at Hexham for a while yet Smile

Woo =D, its a decent bus, iv'e being on it a couple of times.

I really CBA to go back and look, what buses are yet to be withdrawn?

Ah could the ex South Tyne cadet's cope on that route? Scania might be a good choice, does any of the Tynedale Links routes need a bigger bus?
(20 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't know how! See photo of 626's rear here.

Ah now i see it! haha
(20 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Woo =D, its a decent bus, iv'e being on it a couple of times.

I really CBA to go back and look, what buses are yet to be withdrawn?

It's all right, better than 8228, I can guarantee you that! - Had it on the 74 once when I went via the Airport and was glad to get off! 8228 will be replaced by a Solar possibly, the 74 may not cope with a MPD!

If you explain what you mean in a bit more detail, I can help!

RE: The Venutre Solos, look very smart! Can't wait to see them branded, thanks for the photo Dan!
(20 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]It's all right, better than 8228, I can guarantee you that! - Had it on the 74 once when I went via the Airport and was glad to get off! 8228 will be replaced by a Solar possibly, the 74 may not cope with a MPD!

RE: The Venutre Solos, look very smart! Can't wait to see them branded, thanks for the photo Dan!

I will, Which buses are still to be withdrawn from service due to new buses arriving?

CatsFast101

(20 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]It's all right, better than 8228, I can guarantee you that! - Had it on the 74 once when I went via the Airport and was glad to get off! 8228 will be replaced by a Solar possibly, the 74 may not cope with a MPD!

Does the 74 have a PVR of 2? Generally using the SPD/B6BLE? After looking it appears to be PVR of 1, so is it allocated the SPD?

tw4083

(20 Nov 2013, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The rear lights look hugely different too... I must say I prefer the rear of the older SRs we have in the fleet as opposed to these.

This is the Euro6 version of the Optare Solo SR body style.
(20 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I will, Which buses are still to be withdrawn from service due to new buses arriving?

- All, or most ''Citylink'' bendy buses.
- All 52' reg ''Washington Street Shuttle'' and ''Venture'' branded MPD's.
- 501/2/3/10 should be withdrawn and replaced with newer ''Venture'' MPD's.
- All Lolynes and Olympians should be withdrawn as a result of new deckers arriving, with Presidents and Vykings taking a back seat role.

(20 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]Does the 74 have a PVR of 2? Generally using the SPD/B6BLE?

Yeah, it does! - I've saw mainly 8228/8293 on there, and also 5229 a couple of times. Normally leave with very few seats, too! 8228 was previously used on the 688, but only really needed a MPD.