North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Jun 2015, 8:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, its a good move, like you said it allows those links to return from Easedale Gardens etc.

More details should posted in the next few weeks on the GNE site.

Only thing would be reliability of the route.  The 51/52 is not great as it is to say the least, it could potentially be even more of a liability if it has to negotiate a large area of Newcastle City Centre.
(08 Jun 2015, 8:23 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]Only thing would be reliability of the route.  The 51/52 is not great as it is to say the least, it could potentially be even more of a liability if it has to negotiate a large area of Newcastle City Centre.

Ye, that's the only problem with them services... they might get extra running time now though.

For the services changing there is:

9 Orbit
9 Quaylink
2 purple

Most of them will go back on the Q1/Q2/Q3 i think the Q1/Q2 will get a extra bus so it will improve relibilty.

If any spare, they'll move to a spare role... we'll have to wait and see what the PVR's will be.
Seems a X21 broke down this morning...

Can you tell me please was there a problem with the x21that should have gone from the Chester le St market at 7.56?

Go North East
unfortunately that vehicle suffered a technical fault in Durham and had to be removed from passenger service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Roadworks on Sunniside Road - 15th June.

Date: 08 Jun 2015

Resurfacing works are planned to take place at Sunniside, on Sunniside Road, just west of the junction with Gateshead Road.

This work is planned for Monday 15th June, with manually controlled temporary signals at the main junction from 9am until at least 8pm, to allow the new surface to cure.

Although manual control will be in place, this work will cause delays to services 43/44/44A, X30/X31, X70/X71 and scholars services on this date, so we would suggest that our customers allow extra time to complete their journeys on this date.

We apologise for any inconvenience this resurfacing work will cause, which is outside of our control.
Where was the picture of the Lolyne taken. I travel on X1 all the time but having a complete mind blank. Any idea how long the loan is for
Temp traffic lights at the Grindon Mill means it will effect the 2/2A/78 and later the 8A and the 78A.
6003 getting replaced on the X1 with 6013 going on, another ex London decker is also on the X1.
(09 Jun 2015, 9:21 am)Swiny1 wrote [ -> ]Where was the picture of the Lolyne taken. I travel on X1 all the time but having a complete mind blank. Any idea how long the loan is for

This one? https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/18...ed-public/

Looks like the Galleries to me. Coming in from the Washington Highway, towards the bus station. You can see the site where the cinema is apparently being built and the sign pointing to the road that runs between Asda and the leisure centre.
Ah yes I see it now thanks. Any idea how long the Lolyne is on loan for
(09 Jun 2015, 11:28 am)Swiny1 wrote [ -> ]Ah yes I see it now thanks. Any idea how long the Lolyne is on loan for

No idea.
The loans just seem to be for a day, but there will always be an exception to the rule.
Sure one of the insiders can confirm if it is still kicking about.
(09 Jun 2015, 11:34 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]No idea.
The loans just seem to be for a day, but there will always be an exception to the rule.
Sure one of the insiders can confirm if it is still kicking about.

Was still on loan to Washington this morning.
(09 Jun 2015, 11:40 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Was still on loan to Washington this morning.

Do you know if (and what) it's in service?
Bloody hell, the ticket inspector go on the 4, haven't seen an inspector on the GNE buses for a while!
(09 Jun 2015, 12:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell, the ticket inspector go on the 4, haven't seen an inspector on the GNE buses for a while!

Saw one a few weeks ago. Lots of area to cover and different shift patterns I guess in order to prevent ticket fraud at various times of the day Smile.
Brand new Quaylink Brands: (tab has being updated to, this how i seen the changes/new brands)

From 26 July 2015, your Quaylink buses will be getting a brand new look and an improved service.

The current Q1 route from Central Station to Gateshead will merge with our Orbit 51 and 52 routes – and will be renumbered Q1 and Q2.

The current Q2 route from Haymarket Bus Station to St Peter's Basin will merge with our Great Park & Ride X40 route – and will be renumbered Q3.

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/quaylink

Quite like the 2 new brands

So the Orbit versa's will go in for a repaint to, come out yellow.
8318 is the first to go in the paintshop
(09 Jun 2015, 2:12 pm)Transbus574 wrote [ -> ]8318 is the first to go in the paintshop

Cheers =)

Welcome to the forum =)
(09 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Brand new Quaylink Brands: (tab has being updated to, this how i seen the changes/new brands)

From 26 July 2015, your Quaylink buses will be getting a brand new look and an improved service.

The current Q1 route from Central Station to Gateshead will merge with our Orbit 51 and 52 routes – and will be renumbered Q1 and Q2.

The current Q2 route from Haymarket Bus Station to St Peter's Basin will merge with our Great Park & Ride X40 route – and will be renumbered Q3.

I don't like the new Quaylink branded buses based on what we can see on the linked page, hopefully I will change my mind when I get to see it on the buses in the flesh.
(09 Jun 2015, 2:20 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I don't like the new Quaylink branded buses based on what we can see on the linked page, hopefully I will change my mind when I get to see it on the buses in the flesh.

I somewhat agree, I do not like the font used for the 'Quaylink' part, I think the old one is better.
(09 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Brand new Quaylink Brands: (tab has being updated to, this how i seen the changes/new brands)

As has been pointed out already, I dread to think what the reliability will be like.
The 51/52 struggle without even going over the river - with regular reports of missing services.

I am intrigued to see what passengers will do when heading to Newcastle from Gateshead and vice versa.
Will they use the one bus, or transfer onto a potentially quicker one?