North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 Jun 2015, 4:14 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Yeh I guess, I'm going to bring a spare change of clothes to change into to get a second scratchcard.  Cool  Big Grin

Get yourself a stick on moustache Big Grin
(29 Jun 2015, 4:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Get yourself a stick on moustache Big Grin

I might just do that. You'll recognise me if you're there as you will see a fourteen year old boy with a moustache asking for a scratchcard!  Tongue
(29 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]I might just do that. You'll recognise me if you're there as you will see a fourteen year old boy with a moustache asking for a scratchcard!  Tongue

Don't think there are many fourteen year olds in my year that have legitimate moustaches, mind.
3942's cooling fan is running at maximum revs (and noise) as soon as any engine speed is commanded.
At idle the fan speed (and noise) falls significantly.

Of course this might be to counteract overheating, though it will have an adverse effect on fuel economy.

There is something unusual about this situation (not all similar vehicles are as noisy).

It could be a damaged fan.
(29 Jun 2015, 4:33 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Don't think there are many fourteen year olds in my year that have legitimate moustaches, mind.

I'm not too far off..... Big Grin

Anyway, I think the Toon Link celebration would have been better before the Omnicities appeared in service but i'm sure it will still be a success. My 11 (Bus 5234) broke down tonight so not much to celebrate for me...
Just checking the latest news and have to say GNE are flying through the Orbit/Quaylink versa's, nearly half through already.

Let's hope the gold Citaro's are done fast to....
(29 Jun 2015, 3:54 pm)ichael wrote [ -> ]Dan just noticed on 5300 on the fleet list you have June 2016 instead of June 2015, this for when it was repainted!

Amended.

In other news: following the recent incident at Pallion, Dennis MPD 543 has been sold to Alpha Recovery for scrap. Photograph copyright to Stephen Lee Prosser, of the "Northern Road Transport Trust" Facebook group.
[attachment=6883]
Heard a strong rumour today. The next batch of OmniDekka's to come in are for service X25?

Any truth?
(29 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Heard a strong rumour today. The next batch of OmniDekka's to come in are for service X25?

Any truth?

What's the difference between a "strong rumour" and a weak one?

Makes sense to keep all of them at the same depot, doesn't it? Depot standardisation and all (that old chestnut!)
(29 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Heard a strong rumour today. The next batch of OmniDekka's to come in are for service X25?

Any truth?

I'd say it's nothing more than a rumour. Still plenty of Lolynes to replace.
(29 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]What's the difference between a "strong rumour" and a weak one?

Makes sense to keep all of them at the same depot, doesn't it? Depot standardisation and all (that old chestnut!)

4 people told me, compared to just some old bloke with a notepad that doesn't even know where he is :p

Any truth?

I suppose it could have a bit of weight to it. It seems the Scania OmniDekkas have more-or-less been direct replacement for East Lancs Lolynes at Stanley, excluding 3825. It's possible that when the other batch of OmniDekkas come, that might finish off the remaining Dennis Tridents and Volvo Olympians based at Stanley, and become their main double decker allocation, allowing some other vehicles within the fleet to be consequently cascaded? Those cascades could then strike off the rest of the Lolynes in the fleet, possibly. Don't really want to try and figure out how much shuffling around would have to happen, mind... Tongue
(29 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'd say it's nothing more than a rumour. Still plenty of Lolynes to replace.

Aye, do Chester have enough Solars to replace them on the X25?
(29 Jun 2015, 8:17 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Aye, do Chester have enough Solars to replace them on the X25?

Some weekday boards on the X25 are allocated Tridents due to interworking with scholars - these could not be replaced by Scania L94s.

The Saturday operation of X25 should be Scania L94 only.
(29 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Some weekday boards on the X25 are allocated Tridents due to interworking with scholars - these could not be replaced by Scania L94s.

The Saturday operation of X25 should be Scania L94 only.

Never know might even get something from Go-Ahead London, What with the massive influx of New Vehicles the Capital receives each year for various services.
(29 Jun 2015, 8:33 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Never know might even get something from Go-Ahead London, What with the massive influx of New Vehicles the Capital receives each year for various services.

There's still a load of B9TLs on their way up isn't there? Wink

BS obviously!!
(29 Jun 2015, 8:38 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]There's still a load of B9TLs on their way up isn't there? Wink

BS obviously!!

And B7TLs that were due up like 2 Years Ago.
(29 Jun 2015, 8:38 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]There's still a load of B9TLs on their way up isn't there? Wink

BS obviously!!

And I have heard about 50 Borismasters as well....I agree with your second line btw  Big Grin
(29 Jun 2015, 8:40 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]And I have heard about 50 Borismasters as well....I agree with your second line btw  Big Grin

21 getting upgraded again is it Wink