North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thought i would make everyone aware that if you travel on go north easts percy mains depot 6115 it is not sounding too healthy as there was a loud squealing noise when it takes of something like the volvo wright renowns. but i have never heard a volvo b9tl make that noise before they are usually quite pleasant to listen to.
just thought i would tell incase it defens you.
(16 Jun 2015, 11:06 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]UEKVDL SB120/Wright Merit 8263 (NK04 ZKZ) has returned to Washington after repairs at Riverside. Sister 8264 (NK04 ZLE) has now transferred from Riverside to Washington.

Riverside's Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse 4980 (NK54 NUM) was allocated to a board of the "TEN" finishing at Hexham last night.

4980 was at sm this morning when I was in looked like it had accident damage 
Seems like 3813 wants to go - its doing what 4852 did, fall to pieces! Tongue It has a dent on the drivers side at the front and the corner of its rear bumper on the left is missing. Even had a small mechanical problem tonight but was quickly resolved and left without a delay.
(16 Jun 2015, 4:13 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Seems like 3813 wants to go - its doing what 4852 did, fall to pieces! Tongue It has a dent on the drivers side at the front and the corner of its rear bumper on the left is missing. Even had a small mechanical problem tonight but was quickly resolved and left without a delay.

Aye... I think you'll be a widower soon!
(16 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Aye... I think you'll be a widower soon!

Once thats gone, i'll start looking again. Of course i won't be as quick to decide which to go with as it was before with 3823 but i know it will only be short term if i do indeed get back to 3823. Any recommendations? I am looking at 6133 because it looks brilliant in its orange and pink and it has had its seats re-trimmed. Smile 
(16 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Once thats gone, i'll start looking again. Of course i won't be as quick to decide which to go with as it was before with 3823 but i know it will only be short term if i do indeed get back to 3823. Any recommendations? I am looking at 6131 because it looks brilliant in its orange and pink and it has had its seats re-trimmed. Smile 

You're the third person today to get 6131 and 6133 mixed up! Tongue

The OmniDekkas are spot on - perhaps a suitable low-floor replacement for a Voly!
(16 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Aye... I think you'll be a widower soon!

There's always another that comes about... I'm sure Robert will accept that 3813 has gone after a photo arises of it with it's new owners... Or of it on top of the heap at Alpha!!  Tongue
(16 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Once thats gone, i'll start looking again. Of course i won't be as quick to decide which to go with as it was before with 3823 but i know it will only be short term if i do indeed get back to 3823. Any recommendations? I am looking at 6131 because it looks brilliant in its orange and pink and it has had its seats re-trimmed. Smile 

I must say, I admire how you go from one to the next, Robert. At least you can accept you'll move away from this bus one day... However, the same can't be said about Stanley.  Big Grin
(16 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]There's always another that comes about... I'm sure Robert will accept that 3813 has gone after a photo arises of it with it's new owners... Or of it on top of the heap at Alpha!!  Tongue

What like 4852?

[Image: 16279803820_0529d9854e.jpg]Alpha Recovery: Former Go North East Vehicles by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(16 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You're the third person today to get 6131 and 6133 mixed up! Tongue

The OmniDekkas are spot on - perhaps a suitable low-floor replacement for a Voly!

I don't know what you're on about with me getting 6131 and 6133 mixed up  :s Tongue 
(15 Jun 2015, 8:30 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Three buses have arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint. These include:

•  Riverside-based "QuayLink" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8310 (NK10 GNY) and 8312 (NK10 GOA) for a fresh coat of yellow, ahead of the changes to the "Quaylink" services next month.
  • Deptford-based "Northern" branded DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8267 (NK54 NKT) for repaint, helping to flush out the Northern name in favour of Go North East's corporate livery.

A few updates:
  • Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8310 (NK10 GNY) has now returned to service, in plain yellow.
  • Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8312 (NK10 GOA) was repainted this afternoon and will be ready to return to service tomorrow.
  • Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8314 (NK10 GOE) was sent to Saltmeadows in place of 8310 (NK10 GNY), and was being sanded down this afternoon.
Since we haven't had the chance to actually ride it yet, lets have a virtual one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhFh8-P05Y
(16 Jun 2015, 6:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Since we haven't had the chance to actually ride it yet, lets have a virtual one:

The cheek!

Suggesting that Go-Ahead's standard Civic V2 seating isn't "spacious" or "comfortable"... Pfffft...!
(16 Jun 2015, 6:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Since we haven't had the chance to actually ride it yet, lets have a virtual one:

Sounds like a Streetlite.
(16 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Sounds like a Streetlite.

I don't think it sounds anything like one to be honest. Sounds more like a Citaro.
(16 Jun 2015, 7:12 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I don't think it sounds anything like one to be honest. Sounds more like a Citaro.

I thought it sounded like a Streetlite/Citaro cross. The Streetlite comes through when the bus is decelerating, in my opinion.
I could hear something of a ''squeal'', that I would associate with a Wright Streetlite when slowing down, but it sounded quite smooth when going at a speed. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2I9enq7q6A

You can hear the engine quite nicely from about 3 mins in.
(16 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2I9enq7q6A

You can hear the engine quite nicely from about 3 mins in.

Seems to struggle a bit at 07:30!

Can I see a London-style Next Stop Announcement monitor, too?
(16 Jun 2015, 7:27 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Seems to struggle a bit at 07:30!

Can I see a London-style Next Stop Announcement monitor, too?

Yeah. If I recall correctly, the B9TLs they ordered last year have the same NSA display too.