North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26 Jun 2015, 12:25 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Probably end up being like the Solars, get repainted then plans change and are repainted again, no doubt 5310-5319 will also be repainted in the coming weeks/months.

apparently the 19 from ashington to north sheilds bus is going to upgraded apparently with better buses and a different colour scheme because they are to be connected with the 17 from cramlington. because the the 17 will be renumer to the 19A
(26 Jun 2015, 9:41 am)big mac wrote [ -> ]Was just wondering when it's likely the new Quaylink timetables will be available on the GNE website?

Should be next week.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm)buss14 wrote [ -> ]apparently the 19 from ashington to north sheilds bus is going to upgraded apparently with better buses and a different colour scheme because they are to be connected with the 17 from cramlington. because the the 17 will be renumer to the 19A

Does the 19 even get decent passengers?, not from the area so not sure, i think they'll stick to Omni's.

Not sure how much of that is true, if they plan to inter-work the services, i don't think it'll work.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does the 19 even get decent passengers?, not from the area so not sure, i think they'll stick to Omni's.

Not sure how much of that is true, if they plan to inter-work the services, i don't think it'll work.

No reason why the 17 couldn't extend to Ashington? I've heard rumours about changes too, but not sure whether any of it is true.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]No reason why the 17 couldn't extend to Ashington? I've heard rumours about changes too, but not sure whether any of it is true.

What are the rumours, could I have some info on it please?  Smile
(26 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm)buss14 wrote [ -> ]apparently the 19 from ashington to north sheilds bus is going to upgraded apparently with better buses and a different colour scheme because they are to be connected with the 17 from cramlington. because the the 17 will be renumer to the 19A

Forgive me here but who/what/where/when have you heard this? It appears that a couple of posts made by yourself hold information which has no source attatched to it. Makes me (at least) feel as if you are just making it up to generate some discussion.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does the 19 even get decent passengers?

As I've telt ya before... No! Tongue  (That's Ashington-Cramlington)
(26 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]No reason why the 17 couldn't extend to Ashington? I've heard rumours about changes too, but not sure whether any of it is true.

The 17 is long enough already... although people won't do the full route and it will bring new links etc, it'll require a extra bus on the route - that might not be a problem though, to me it seems unlikely.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]What are the rumours, could I have some info on it please?  Smile

People have been saying it will be going hourly (doubt it), and mentioned that it would be going to Ashington too. 

I can't see much happening though, as it was only changed recently.
The Cobalt Connect isn't due for a rebrand for at least two years? It would have been January when I saw a poster in Asda advertising "Your Cobalt Connect bus has arrived" with info on the service etc...
(26 Jun 2015, 4:45 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]The Cobalt Connect isn't due for a rebrand for at least two years? It would have been January when I saw a poster in Asda advertising "Your Cobalt Connect bus has arrived" with info on the service etc...

5243-5246 were repainted in November 2012 and were latterly branded in April 2013 for the 19, so therefore they would be due another repaint in 2016, nothing wrong with repainting them a year early if the Cobalt Connect is receive New Vehicles as part of the 2015/16 Vehicle Order.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]As I've telt ya before... No! Tongue  (That's Ashington-Cramlington)

I'd disagree with you there, I frequently see the 19 with a decent load in Bedlington.
(26 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I'd disagree with you there, I frequently see the 19 with a decent load in Bedlington.

I did the 19 in 2013 and that's the Ashington-Cramlington figures. The 19 usually arrives with two or three people in Ashington.
(26 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I did the 19 in 2013 and that's the Ashington-Cramlington figures. The 19 usually arrives with two or three people in Ashington.

Every time I see it, there are at least 8 people on board. I've seen upwards of 15 on quite a bit, in the middle of the day, more than that at peak times...
(26 Jun 2015, 6:26 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Every time I see it, there are at least 8 people on board. I've seen upwards of 15 on quite a bit, in the middle of the day, more than that at peak times...

I was on yesterday and only two bus pass holder got on at the bus station. However, another journey had five bus pass holders join at my bus stop.
(26 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I was on yesterday and only two bus pass holder got on at the bus station. However, another journey had five bus pass holders join at my bus stop.

Not every journey is going to be packed from Ashington, there are a hell of a lot of stops between there and Cramlington, for it to pick up passengers. Additionally, most of those I see onboard look like they'd be fare paying passengers, not a great deal of OAP's.
Heard the audio today for the new Next Stop Annoucements for Quaylink...aye, I wonder who it is  Angel Tongue
Any changes due for North Tyneside or Newcastle this summer? If they change the Clippers, I wonder whether or not they willl wait until the Autumn if Arriva change the 306 / 308 in September again so they can adjust the timings to stay in front beteeen Station Road and Newcastle to fill more bums on seats.
(26 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does the 19 even get decent passengers?, not from the area so not sure, i think they'll stick to Omni's.

they are merging the 19 with the 17 to make more punctual

it is not being extended to ashingtom just the there will be one point of a route that will termnate at cramlington