North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8334 is now Quaylink Yellow.
Does anyone know the departure time from connsett on the 689 to hexham ?
(12 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know the departure time from connsett on the 689 to hexham ?

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/62671.44
(12 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know the departure time from consett on the 689 to hexham ?

http://www.visithadrianswall.co.uk/dbimg...cation.pdf

Don't know if that is the latest timetable.
(11 Jun 2015, 11:06 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I was on one of Washington's Merit's (8262) about 2pm on the 82A between Washington and Barley Mow and I was disgraced that Go North East would actually let a bus on the road in the state that that was in!

I was actually appalled by the state of the bus. Seats were falling apart, there were about 20 different designed seats, there were stains all over the seats, massive marks all over the windows, sticky marks on the floor and the list goes on and on.

[Image: 336b9c574e03490162e89e2f9316790d.jpg][Image: 233d157b8510a6ecd05122a22eb90929.jpg][Image: 864f9164563d459cf4cbc17839f7a3f3.jpg][Image: d6c4153188a1f9cc1ac4871f99600334.jpg]

Obviously I couldn't go up and down the bus taking photos but there were two more seats which were in half, there were partially blue moquetted seats and partially graffiti moquetted seats. There were things scribed into the window.

Go North East should be ashamed that they have put a bus like this out in service. I have never ever had a go at GNE like this before but today it just sums up exactly why I am always moaning about the 82/82A. Disgrace.

Unfortunately I forgot the fleet number of the bus but I made sure the driver fully understood the situation.

I now know that the fleet number is 8262

At least the bus turned up though
(12 Jun 2015, 10:57 pm)Wellsey18 wrote [ -> ]At least the bus turned up though

And as 8262 is ex-Dealer Stock, it would be quite hard to source seats with the same moquette. I dont think anybody will sit there and purposely check to see how many seats come off the frame though so wouldnt say that matters either tbh. If they could fix the seats coming off the frame issue, it would be better.
(13 Jun 2015, 5:40 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]And as 8262 is ex-Dealer Stock, it would be quite hard to source seats with the same moquette. I dont think anybody will sit there and purposely check to see how many seats come off the frame though so wouldnt say that matters either tbh. If they could fix the seats coming off the frame issue, it would be better.

In terms of presentation, it looks awful. A customer may have to use the 82/82A to meet a connection to the X1 or 4. Why should their experience be any less pleasant on the 82/82A?

Just because it may be difficult to source the seat moquette does not mean it should be discarded as an issue.

It is still an issue, although the seat coming off is a defect. The latter is a much bigger issue, and has already been fixed as I understand it, but I'd imagine that the problem with the seat moquette will be seen to in time too.
(13 Jun 2015, 5:40 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]And as 8262 is ex-Dealer Stock, it would be quite hard to source seats with the same moquette. I dont think anybody will sit there and purposely check to see how many seats come off the frame though so wouldnt say that matters either tbh. If they could fix the seats coming off the frame issue, it would be better.

It can't be that hard if the Red Kite Gemini's have the same moquette.
(13 Jun 2015, 5:53 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]It can't be that hard if the Red Kite Gemini's have the same moquette.

Because they're dealer stock too... I cant deny that it is a problem and id be wrong to do so but an placing a seat on a bus that doesnt match the rest of them isnt the end of the world? At the end of the day, a seat is a seat and probably has never been complained about until now.
(13 Jun 2015, 5:58 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Because they're dealer stock too... I cant deny that it is a problem and id be wrong to do so but an placing a seat on a bus that doesnt match the rest of them isnt the end of the world? At the end of the day, a seat is a seat and probably has never been complained about until now.
Didn't say it was a problem but if they are from the same dealer they could just ask for some - on the topic of moquettes not marching a lot of other buses are the same me and Lee were on 3861 and one of its seats were falling apart also how long will it be till we have multi moquette Omnidekkas.
(13 Jun 2015, 5:58 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Because they're dealer stock too... I cant deny that it is a problem and id be wrong to do so but an placing a seat on a bus that doesnt match the rest of them isnt the end of the world? At the end of the day, a seat is a seat and probably has never been complained about until now.

Who said it was the end of the world?  I was just pointing out that it looks an absolute mess and I could tell that many of the passengers were not happy with it judging by their comments.
6131 is now in service at Stanley - on X30/X31 today.

6126 was at Riverside for a deep clean yesterday.

7093 has returned to Chester-le-Street for use within the Coaching fleet.
(13 Jun 2015, 7:25 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Who said it was the end of the world?  I was just pointing out that it looks an absolute mess and I could tell that many of the passengers were not happy with it judging by their comments.

Nobody that it would be the end of the world - doesn't mean i cant use the phrase though. I merely said it because its the truth, the world is not going to end because two seats don't match with eachother. Its a problem that can't be fixed with the click of a finger. Most passengers would only care about getting to where they want to go with the minority seeing if the seats come off the frame or what moquette they have.
I was never having a personal dig at you. I was just stating that the points may not be as bad as originally thought apart from the seats coming off the frame which is a health and safety hazard to passengers.
Is there ever a delay on the X84 as I a m trying to catch the 11:43 688 from Hexham Bus Station today and I'm wondering if it is an unreliable route or not. I think the X84 arrives at Hexham at 11:40.
Does anyone know if Hexham depot operates the 74A on Sundays please? If so I'm guessing a vehicle goes light from Hexham to Newcastle to form the 0830 Eldon Square to Matfen?
(13 Jun 2015, 8:08 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if Hexham depot operates the 74A on Sundays please? If so I'm guessing a vehicle goes light from Hexham to Newcastle to form the 0830 Eldon Square to Matfen?

Yes they do. It interworks with the X84.
(13 Jun 2015, 8:10 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Yes they do. It interworks with the X84.
Interesting! Which vehicles does it typically use? Tynedalexpress Scanias?
(13 Jun 2015, 8:18 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Interesting! Which vehicles does it typically use? Tynedalexpress Scanias?

Tynedale Links MPD i think.
(13 Jun 2015, 8:21 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tynedale Links MPD i think.

Yeah - i believe the X84/74A is allocated a Tynedale Links MPD on Sundays.
(13 Jun 2015, 8:01 am)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Is there ever a delay on the X84 as I a m trying to catch the 11:43 688 from Hexham Bus Station today and I'm wondering if it is an unreliable route or not. I think the X84 arrives at Hexham at 11:40.

I've never had any issues with them, pretty good, often gets into Hexham early too.

The 688 might well be a Cadet.