North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Jun 2015, 4:42 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Website was correct. Q1 Gateshead - Newcastle, Q2 Newcastle to Gateshead lol

It would change to Q2 once it reached its terminus - Central Station

The website makes things look like this (to me anyway):

Q1 Gateshead to Newcastle via Quayside
Q2 Newcastle to Gateshead via Quayside, Heworth etc
change Q1 Gateshead to Newcastle via Quayside
and the cycle keeps going.

Obviously following points made by yourself, Citaro and others, this whole issue has been made a lot clearer and i thank you for it.
(19 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The website makes things look like this (to me anyway):

Q1 Gateshead to Newcastle via Quayside
Q2 Newcastle to Gateshead via Quayside, Heworth etc
change Q1 Gateshead to Newcastle via Quayside
and the cycle keeps going.

Obviously following points made by yourself, Citaro and others, this whole issue has been made a lot clearer and i thank you for it.

I hope it will still operate from stand D toward newcastle as it would be a faff boarding from stand M. To be fair I think Gateshead Interchange is badly designed anyway
(19 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]One of the recently repainted  Quaylink Versa display isn't working correctly, it isn't showing the number, didn't get a fleet number as I couldn't see one. It was on the Q2 about an hour ago.

It's been like that for a couple of days now. 

It just says "Central Station" instead of "Q1 Central Station"
(19 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]It's been like that for a couple of days now. 

It just says "Central Station" instead of "Q1 Central Station"

It'll be the same one I dropped Dan a note of, but they were already aware of it.
One thing I thing that GNE can improve on is the route maps for the timetable leaflets, they are simply a straight line with calling points unlike Ariiva who show the route as a proper map. 
(19 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]3885-3889 will not be withdrawn before 2017 as they are DDA compliant.

Ta, Robert.
Go North East

#20 service due to depart South Shields at 20:35 to Sunderland will not be operating due to a breakdown. Sorry for any inconvenience
(19 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Go North East

#20 service due to depart South Shields at 20:35 to Sunderland will not be operating due to a breakdown. Sorry for any inconvenience

Bloody hell Michael, give the Control Room time to press the send button!!
(19 Jun 2015, 7:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell Michael, give the Control Room time to press the send button!!

Maybe he IS the control room? Smile
(19 Jun 2015, 7:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell Michael, give the Control Room time to press the send button!!

Was pressing the refresh button on the GNE Facebook page Wink 
(19 Jun 2015, 8:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Was pressing the refresh button on the GNE Facebook page Wink 

Swap the refresh button for a pint Wink.
(19 Jun 2015, 8:32 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]Swap the refresh button for a pint Wink.

I have Tongue
(19 Jun 2015, 7:31 pm)Coppercap40 wrote [ -> ]One thing I thing that GNE can improve on is the route maps for the timetable leaflets, they are simply a straight line with calling points unlike Ariiva who show the route as a proper map. 

Use the "Plan your Journey" (or words to that effect) section of GNE's website to see an actual map with the bus stops on - you can guess the route based on how close together the stops are in most cases.

The line-style map is just more printer-friendly and shows the calling points in a visual style more than anything else.
On the whole GNE timetables are OK, but they do need a proper map in each, like Arriva have. The straight line currently used is useless.
(19 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Go North East

#brokendownpurplesolars
#hashtagsonNEB

Couldn't resist! Sorry Wink
(19 Jun 2015, 10:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]#brokendownpurplesolars
#hashtagsonNEB

Couldn't resist! Sorry Wink

I shouldn't reply (as it only encourages you to make these posts time and time again), but I will throw a spanner in the works here given that you "couldn't resist" - do you know a "Prince Bishops" branded vehicle was allocated to this run, or are you just assuming?
Does anyone know if the 11:29am X30 will be a Omnideka today?
(20 Jun 2015, 7:22 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if the 11:29am X30 will be a Omnideka today?

I am guessing you mean from Stanley to Newcastle, and if so currently yes it will be, but anything can happen in 3 hours  Tongue
(20 Jun 2015, 7:37 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I am guessing you mean from Stanley to Newcastle, and if so currently yes it will be, but anything can happen in 3 hours  Tongue

Cheers Citaro, heading to Tanfield today with a friend, atm its my only chance to ride one but you're right anything can happen in 3 hours Tongue 
(20 Jun 2015, 7:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Cheers Citaro, heading to Tanfield today with a friend, atm its my only chance to ride one but you're right anything can happen in 3 hours Tongue 

Ask again in 2 1/2 hours time, if you haven't overrun your question limit...  Tongue