North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Jun 2015, 10:55 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Forgot to mention yesterday I was informed by another Enthusiast that Smiles Engineering has went into Liquidation, and the Liquidators have seized a Coaster Scania Omnicity, 5262 iirc and one of the Driver Training Coaches which were up their for Repairs.

I don't know the legitimacy of this, but I can confirm that 5261 is currently at Smiles Engineering.

I wouldn't have thought that they would be able to seize an asset which wasn't Smiles' own? It is a Go North East asset, and has nothing to do with Smiles other than being present there for engine-related repairs.
(04 Jun 2015, 11:06 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't know the legitimacy of this, but I can confirm that 5261 is currently at Smiles Engineering.

I wouldn't have thought that they would be able to seize an asset which wasn't Smiles' own? It is a Go North East asset, and has nothing to do with Smiles other than being present there for engine-related repairs.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, but I was unsure and still am as to how the Liquidators would be able to seize another companies assets.
(04 Jun 2015, 10:55 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Forgot to mention yesterday I was informed by another Enthusiast that Smiles Engineering has went into Liquidation, and the Liquidators have seized a Coaster Scania Omnicity, 5262 iirc and one of the Driver Training Coaches which were up their for Repairs.

Smiles Waste Management in Sunderland have gone under - no idea about Smiles Engineering, who are a different organisation all together
(04 Jun 2015, 11:18 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Smiles Waste Management in Sunderland have gone under - no idea about Smiles Engineering, who are a different organisation all together

Hmmm I wonder if the Bloke I spoke to yesterday has got his wires crossed then, Could be that Smiles work across Numerous Sectors though.
(04 Jun 2015, 11:25 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Hmmm I wonder if the Bloke I spoke to yesterday has got his wires crossed then, Could be that Smiles work across Numerous Sectors though.

Totally different owners. Smiles Waste Management were owned by the Smiles family.
Smiles Engineering are made up of a few different people.

https://www.duedil.com/company/01129156/...ted/people
https://www.duedil.com/company/07383032/...ted/people

I haven't heard anything about Smiles Engineering going bust.

However, someone tells someone that Smiles has gone bust and then it gets like Chinese Whispers. All of a sudden buses are involved and it goes on from there.
When really, it is the company in Sunderland, who are having their skip wagons re-possessed.
(04 Jun 2015, 11:25 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Hmmm I wonder if the Bloke I spoke to yesterday has got his wires crossed then, Could be that Smiles work across Numerous Sectors though.

Was it the same bloke I spoke to adam? 
(04 Jun 2015, 11:50 am)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]Was it the same bloke I spoke to adam? 

If he was called Les then quite possibly.
(04 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]If he was called Les then quite possibly.

If Bazza is talking about the guy we spoke to, than it's someone different 
572 is back in service at Crook on the 18 today and looks to have been given a seat re-trim.
(04 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]If he was called Les then quite possibly.

He was called Kevin
(04 Jun 2015, 1:32 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]He was called Kevin

I spoke to him as well as he were quite exited to ride on 5410 and get a photo of 6125 at The MetroCentre, he was talking shite whilst me and Les were talking, so he had probably picked it up from there I would think.
(04 Jun 2015, 4:22 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I thimk the seats are only being re-trimmed on one of them - the Metro Radio one.

I think they were re-trimmed at Brighton not long before they departed the fleet, so the seat moquette is in pretty good condition.

I believe that corporate liveried Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka 6131 (YN04 GJE) has also been re-trimmed.

Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka 6125 (GX03 SUV) was allocated to services X30/X31 today.

As these are now starting to be rolled out into service, and many enthusiasts will be wanting photographs of these vehicles, I think it's appropriate to say where these vehicles should be found. Eight of these vehicles should form part of Stanley's normal allocation, while two are in a reserve role.
  • Services X30/X31 - PVR 5 - 1x Scania OmniCity, 4x Scania OmniDekka
  • Services X70/X71 - PVR 5 - 2x Scania OmniCity, 3x Scania OmniDekka
  • Services 15/15A - PVR 3 - 1x Scania OmniDekka, 2x Volvo B7TL
The double decker vehicle allocation is likely to be fluid until all ten of these vehicles enter service, but it will ultimately result in the withdrawal of further elderly double-deck vehicles in the fleet. All five of the Dennis Trident/Plaxton President vehicles have moved over to a scholars role now, displacing the East Lancs Lolyne bodied examples previously allocated. The revised St Bede's scholars allocation is therefore:
  • 819 - Volvo Olympian
  • 820 - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 821 - Volvo Olympian
  • 822* - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 823 - Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne
  • 824 - Volvo Olympian
  • 825 - Volvo Olympian
  • 826 - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 827 - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 828** - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 829 - Volvo Olympian
* Also works a 44 service on the morning.
** Also works scholars service 843.
(04 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]
  • 819 - Volvo Olympian
  • 820 - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 821 - Volvo Olympian
  • 822* - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 823 - Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne
  • 824 - Volvo Olympian
  • 825 - Volvo Olympian
  • 826 - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 827 - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 828** - Dennis Trident/Plaxton President
  • 829 - Volvo Olympian
* Also works a 44 service on the morning.
** Also works scholars service 843.

Don't quite understand? Thanks for the update anyway. My route still clinging onto an Olympian Tongue 
(04 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Don't quite understand? Thanks for the update anyway. My route still clinging onto an Olympian Tongue 

The Dennis Trident/Plaxton President vehicles at Stanley (3885 - 3889) are currently allocated to services X30/X31 and X70/X71.

When all of the former Brighton & Hove Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka vehicles enter service on these routes, the Dennis Trident/Plaxton President vehicles will be re-allocated to a scholars role, and should see primary allocation to the scholars service mentioned in my previous post, replacing the Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne vehicles previously allocated.
(04 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Dennis Trident/Plaxton President vehicles at Stanley (3885 - 3889) are currently allocated to services X30/X31 and X70/X71.

When all of the former Brighton & Hove Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka vehicles enter service on these routes, the Dennis Trident/Plaxton President vehicles will be re-allocated to a scholars role, and should see primary allocation to the scholars service mentioned in my previous post.

Yeah but there is only 5 presidents rather than 6 or am i going loopy?
(04 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Yeah but there is only 5 presidents rather than 6 or am i going loopy?

That was just a copying and pasting error, and you being too quick to reply before I'd managed to read over and edit, as I got distracted by an e-mail!

Service 821 retains a Volvo Olympian allocation.
(04 Jun 2015, 4:42 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That was just a copying and pasting error, and you being too quick to reply before I'd managed to read over and edit, as I got distracted by an e-mail!

Service 821 retains a Volvo Olympian allocation.

Apologies Tongue I wish i'd just left it now tbh - hate correcting people on all topics.
(04 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Apologies Tongue I wish i'd just left it now tbh - hate correcting people on all topics.

Sure you said before that you love correcting people, mind..! Tongue 

Anyway, we're getting off-topic, and drawing attention away from the post with information, which I have now edited to avoid any potential confusion...
50 years long service - http://www.simplygo.com/news/50-years-long-service

Travel made easy for England v New Zealand Saturday 20 June - http://www.simplygo.com/news/travel-made...ay-20-june
(04 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]50 years long service - http://www.simplygo.com/news/50-years-long-service
Crikey - I thought 25 years was long enough at one company!