North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know if Stanley based Dennis Trident/Plaxton Presidents 3886-3889 will be withdrawn in the next 12-18 months?
What other demo deckers are out there except for the Streetdecker!!!
4843 in Chester-le-Street at the hands of an engineer.
(19 Jun 2015, 10:21 am)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]What other demo deckers are out there except for the Streetdecker!!!

B5TL Gemini 3, ADL E400MMC
Does anybody know why 3982 (PJ02PZK) Was in Wrekenton earlier?
(19 Jun 2015, 7:22 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]Does anybody know if Stanley based Dennis Trident/Plaxton Presidents 3886-3889 will be withdrawn in the next 12-18 months?

3885-3889 will not be withdrawn before 2017 as they are DDA compliant.
Details of the Orbit/Quaylink/X40 changes now on the GNE website:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...-july-2015

I was on 8335 yesterday and I noticed it has an on-board poster about the changes. Aureolin (I think it was) questioned whether the new brand would have the place names above the side windows. Well, the diagram of the purple version did have the place names on Smile
  • The current Q1 will be connected to Orbit service 51/52 at Gateshead, providing new direct links from Newcastle City Centre and the Quayside to many residential areas of Gateshead. The service will be numbered Q1 towards Newcastle and Q2 from Newcastle towards Gateshead – this means that when travelling from Newcastle City Centre towards Baltic, Sage and Gateshead, you’ll need to catch service number Q2.

Why? Whats wrong with having the Q1 and Q2 going in both directions rather than the service carrying a service number in each direction. Thats providing the services dont do a circular of newcastle (which i think there might because there is homestly no point in having different service numbers going in each direction). So basically, Q1 enters Newcastle via Quayside and exits via High Level Bridge and Q2 enters via Tyne Bridge and exits via Quayside.
(19 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Why? Whats wrong with having the Q1 and Q2 going in both directions rather than the service carrying a service number in each direction. Thats providing the services dont do a circular of newcastle (which i think there might because there is homestly no point in having different service numbers going in each direction). So basically, Q1 enters Newcastle via Quayside and exits via High Level Bridge and Q2 enters via Tyne Bridge and exits via Quayside.

It will follow the same route in and out of Newcastle as it does now. I imagine once the service gets to Central, it will change to the Q2 and follow the same route as it did going into town. What has made you think its going over the High Level and Tyne bridges?
(19 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]It will follow the same route in and out of Newcastle as it does now. I imagine once the service gets to Central, it will change to the Q2 and follow the same route as it did going into town. What has made you think its going over the High Level and Tyne bridges?

Because it has different service numbers going in and out along the Quayside according to the GNE website:

The service will be numbered Q1 towards Newcastle and Q2 from Newcastle towards Gateshead

I can't see the point of that unless they do a circular route around newcastle which would involve going over the bridges.
(19 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Because it has different service numbers going in and out along the Quayside according to the GNE website:

I can't see the point of that unless they do a circular route around newcastle.

The current circulars that the 51/52 do will be retained, but the current 51 will follow the current Q1 route to the Central Station. There, it will change to the Q2 and do the exact route the 51 (or Q1) has done, but in the other direction.
(19 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Because it has different service numbers going in and out along the Quayside according to the GNE website:

I can't see the point of that unless they do a circular route around newcastle which would involve going over the bridges.

It would be to differentiate between the current 51 & 52 routes. 51 becoming Q1 and 52 becoming Q2. 

Adam - you beat me to it
Since when did 4919 transfer to deptford? Just saw it on 39
People are missing my point...

A 52 service (Q2) comes to Gateshead from Heworth (and indeed everywhere else on the current 52 route), it will have to change to service Q1 at Gateshead to continue to Newcastle. Likewise a bus does service Q2 from Newcastle but is scheduled to do a service 51 (Q1) from Gateshead around the current 51 route. It will need to change to service Q1 from Q2 at Gateshead. It is confusing and the only way to get around that problem is have the services do a circular route around Newcastle using the High Level and Tyne Bridges aswell as the Quayside.
One of the recently repainted  Quaylink Versa display isn't working correctly, it isn't showing the number, didn't get a fleet number as I couldn't see one. It was on the Q2 about an hour ago.
The Q1 will leave Gateshead do a current 51 route back to Gateshead then the current Q1 route to Newcastle, all as Q1

The Q2 will leave Newcastle and do the current Q1 route back to Gateshead, then the current 52 route back to Gateshead, all as Q2
(19 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]One of the recently repainted  Quaylink Versa display isn't working correctly, it isn't showing the number, didn't get a fleet number as I couldn't see one. It was on the Q2 about an hour ago.

Yeah, its 8318, logged a call with Hanover to come and attend to it.
(19 Jun 2015, 4:23 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]People are missing my point...

A 52 service (Q2) comes to Gateshead from Heworth (and indeed everywhere else on the current 52 route), it will have to change to service Q1 at Gateshead to continue to Newcastle. Likewise a bus does service Q2 from Newcastle but is scheduled to do a service 51 (Q1) from Gateshead around the current 51 route. It will need to change to service Q1 from Q2 at Gateshead. It is confusing and the only way to get around that problem is have the services do a circular route around Newcastle using the High Level and Tyne Bridges aswell as the Quayside.

Its not confusing

The Q1 will travel from Heworth to Gateshead as per the current 51 and continue to Newcastle Central via Baltic - Quayside - Central as per the current Q1 route.
The Q2 will travel from Newcastle Central to Gateshead via Quayside - Baltic - Gateshead and continue to Heworth as per current 52 route

Beat me to it Citaro Tongue
(19 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Its not confusing

The Q1 will travel from Heworth to Gateshead as per the current 51 and continue to Newcastle Central via Baltic - Quayside - Central as per the current Q1 route.
The Q2 will travel from Newcastle Central to Gateshead via Quayside - Baltic - Gateshead and continue to Heworth as per current 52 route

Beat me to it Citaro Tongue

Now its not since Citaro resolved the issue. What the Go North East website was saying was that the service would be numbered service Q1 going into Newcastle and service Q2 going out which would mean the service would need to change numbers if it has done a Q2 around Gateshead and to Q1 if coming back from Newcastle. Re-read the quote and you'll see what i mean:

The service will be numbered Q1 towards Newcastle and Q2 from Newcastle towards Gateshead
(19 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Now its not since Citaro resolved the issue. What the Go North East website was saying was that the service would be numbered service Q1 going into Newcastle and service Q2 going out which would mean the service would need to change numbers if it has done a Q2 around Gateshead and to Q1 if coming back from Newcastle. Re-read the quote and you'll see what i mean:

Website was correct. Q1 Gateshead - Newcastle, Q2 Newcastle to Gateshead lol

It would change to Q2 once it reached its terminus - Central Station