North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Jul 2015, 9:52 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Both 4976 & 8269 Broken Down on Doxford Park, 4976 has been Repaired and went to pick up Service probs at Hartlepool, while 8269 has been replaced by 628, not sure if its on the 33 or 39 though, furthermore more 3879 is on the 39.

Yes, a number of loans around the region at present.

Volvo B7TL 6009 was loaned to Washington from Stanley yesterday, but was not used as far as I know. It has now returned to Stanley Depot. By comparison, Chester-le-Street's Dennis Trident 3878 did see use at Washington when loaned yesterday (now returned), on services 85/86.

Chester-le-Street's Dennis Trident 3869 remains on loan to Deptford today, too.

(08 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]It's a bit confusing the way they have worded it.  The Gateshead Area I think is referring to anywhere on the current Quaylink route into Newcastle city centre, and the Gateshead single is anywhere on the current Orbit route into Newcastle. It certainly isn't made clear from the website though.

I notice the page has been altered slightly...
http://www.simplygo.com/news/newquaylink

"Central Zone" refers to area covered by the current QuayLink routes, and the "Gateshead Area" refers to the area covered by the current Orbit routes. Unsure if there's a dedicated route saver for the new QuayLink, or if it simply falls under the usual BuzzFare zonal pricing.

(09 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]8336 (NK11 HJG) has been Branded for the Revised Quaylink

Frontal Shot - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthe...ateposted/
Rear Shot - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthe...ateposted/
Photos By Dans Bus Photos on Flickr

Much prefer the purple version to the green one.

Still not 100% on the rear of these branded Optare Versas, mind. To the average customer, it will look like the purple and green vinyls are actually paint, so in my opinion, they could think that that part of the bus has not been painted at all.

Other than that - they're spot on!
(09 Jul 2015, 4:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Much prefer the purple version to the green one.

Still not 100% on the rear of these branded Optare Versas, mind. To the average customer, it will look like the purple and green vinyls are actually paint, so in my opinion, they could think that that part of the bus has not been painted at all.

Other than that - they're spot on!

Yeah I am not keen on the yellow rear bumper, to me it looks like it has had a replacement panel fitted and are either awaiting vinyls to place on top or have painted it the wrong colour.

Other than that I think it actually looks quite good, think the purple is better although there is nothing wrong with the green.
(09 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Yeah I am not keen on the yellow rear bumper, to me it looks like it has had a replacement panel fitted and are either awaiting vinyls to place on top or have painted it the wrong colour.

Other than that I think it actually looks quite good, think the purple is better although there is nothing wrong with the green.

Same as Jimmi, I don't like the rear bumper but the rest is good.
[attachment=6930]
Go North East is supporting this year's LGBT Pride Festival with a specially-designed bus.

Based on the new Quaylink livery, and incorporating the LGBT rainbow, the bus will be at the Pride Festival at Exhibition Park in Newcastle on Saturday 18 July, along with the company's promotional team. Go North East will be bringing along a 'selfie bus', games, and face painting. As usual, there will be a give-away too. The main aim is to have some fun, and the more that come, the better!

Beyond the festival the bus will become a regular sight on the streets of Newcastle and Gateshead, as part of the new Quaylink service.

As an aside, the latest Optare Versas to arrive at Saltmeadows Road for repaint include former "Orbit" branded 8330 (NK11 HDO) and 8331 (NK11 HJX).
(09 Jul 2015, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go North East is supporting this year's LGBT Pride Festival with a specially-designed bus.

Based on the new Quaylink livery, and incorporating the LGBT rainbow, the bus will be at the Pride Festival at Exhibition Park in Newcastle on Saturday 18 July, along with the company's promotional team. Go North East will be bringing along a 'selfie bus', games, and face painting. As usual, there will be a give-away too. The main aim is to have some fun, and the more that come, the better!

Beyond the festival the bus will become a regular sight on the streets of Newcastle and Gateshead, as part of the new Quaylink service.

So essentially, will this be the spare bus for the Quaylink services?
(09 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]So essentially, will this be the spare bus for the Quaylink services?

No, This will be part of the PVR I should think?
Do any of the OmniDekka's have a tachograph.
(09 Jul 2015, 5:17 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Do any of the OmniDekka's have a tachograph.

None of the Omnidekkas have tachographs fitted.
(09 Jul 2015, 5:04 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]No, This will be part of the PVR I should think?

Ye, as the PVR will be 20, i think.

Means 2 brands will have a PVR, Prince Bishops and Quaylink Tongue

The repaints are going quite quick to, all should be done by the 19th July?, least they're branding them now!
I wonder how long it will take for Riverside to cross mix the brands (Q1/Q2 versa on Q3 vice versa)
(09 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I wonder how long it will take for Riverside to cross mix the brands (Q1/Q2 versa on Q3 vice versa)

is there going to be a luanch for the Quaylink services

sorry if it has been posed
(09 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I wonder how long it will take for Riverside to cross mix the brands (Q1/Q2 versa on Q3 vice versa)

I would't put it past them if it happened on the first week...

About half an hour.
(09 Jul 2015, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go North East is supporting this year's LGBT Pride Festival with a specially-designed bus.

As an aside, the latest Optare Versas to arrive at Saltmeadows Road for repaint include former "Orbit" branded 8330 (NK11 HDO) and 8331 (NK11 HJX).

count me in i will be at this event i may bump into my aunt at this event
(09 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]So essentially, will this be the spare bus for the Quaylink services?

I guess the brand design gives them flexibility to re-brand one for special events. Good on GNE for getting involved.

It'll be interesting to see. GNE are certainly a lot better at managing vehicle allocations these days, and I can imagine the commercial team wouldn't be best pleased to see it happening unless absolutely necessary. Especially given the effort they appear to be making to re-design/re-brand/re-launch the Quaylink services.
(09 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I guess the brand design gives them flexibility to re-brand one for special events. Good on GNE for getting involved.

Yeah, I think it's certainly a good idea!

It's a shame about the Q1/Q2 only serving Newcastle in one direction, so to speak. I think it would have been well-used from the Felling, Carr Hill Road and Deckham areas to Newcastle via the Quayside, but it's unlikely they're going to travel all the way around via Leam Lane, Wrekenton and Gateshead to the Quayside and Newcastle.
(09 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I guess the brand design gives them flexibility to re-brand one for special events. Good on GNE for getting involved.

It'll be interesting to see. GNE are certainly a lot better at managing vehicle allocations these days, and I can imagine the commercial team wouldn't be best pleased to see it happening unless absolutely necessary. Especially given the effort they appear to be making to re-design/re-brand/re-launch the Quaylink services.

i think either 8328 or 8329 will gain this livery
(09 Jul 2015, 6:36 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]i think either 8328 or 8329 will gain this livery

Not exactly because 8328/9 will form part of the PVR so arnt spare buses, so really any of the Versas could get this livery

Not really, if it had not been vinyled up celebrating pride, it would have been in the purple livery.
(09 Jul 2015, 7:05 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Not really, if it had not been vinyled up celebrating pride, it would have been in the purple livery.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, wasn't too sure, that's all. Still a nice idea to decorate the bus in that way.