North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Jul 2015, 9:29 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]And the streetdeck timetable?

There isnt one as it can be allocated to any board of the X21 which GNE chooses.
Quite right I don't approve. As soon as I saw it I thought how "More"onic. I hope it gets taken off before it goes into service.
I already favour the Enviro over the Streetdeck, except for the tables, and just this ridiculous logo on the front, if it's left there, will (possibly irrationally) make me dislike the Streetdeck even More.
(16 Jul 2015, 8:56 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Dan had posted that it should be this, unless things change:

Bishop:
0647, 1004, 1304, 1608

Newcastle:
0835, 1135, 1445, 1740.

I should have made it clearer in my original post as it's been misconstrued on other forums - those times were just for the running board pdiddy allocated the bus to the other day. Saved you lot a bit of time working it out.

As pddidy said - the plan of action with these demonstrator vehicles is to allocate them to different running boards so all drivers at Crook can give their opinion on the vehicles while also allowing trials at different times of day (with different passenger loadings). Unlike the Lothian demonstrator last year (with its non-standard destination screen), these demonstrators have every Chester-le-Street / Crook destination programmed as per a normal bus and as such can be allocated to any board that works different services besides the X21 (such as the X46 for example).

In addition to this, neither vehicles have vandal screens fitted, but as more or less all of the Crook X21s finish by 8pm or so, this does not limit the vehicles to certain running boards. If they did finish later, it may have been a different story.

Unsure which running board both demonstrators will be allocated to today and tomorrow, but I would expect that there's a strong likelihood that the StreetDeck will be allocated to the 1234 out of Bishop Auckland again, to allow familiarisation for the drivers on the morning?
(17 Jul 2015, 4:51 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I should have made it clearer in my original post as it's been misconstrued on other forums - those times were just for the running board pdiddy allocated the bus to the other day. Saved you lot a bit of time working it out.

As pddidy said - the plan of action with these demonstrator vehicles is to allocate them to different running boards so all drivers at Crook can give their opinion on the vehicles while also allowing trials at different times of day (with different passenger loadings). Unlike the Lothian demonstrator last year (with its non-standard destination screen), these demonstrators have every Chester-le-Street / Crook destination programmed as per a normal bus and as such can be allocated to any board that works different services besides the X21 (such as the X46 for example).

In addition to this, neither vehicles have vandal screens fitted, but as more or less all of the Crook X21s finish by 8pm or so, this does not limit the vehicles to certain running boards. If they did finish later, it may have been a different story.

Unsure which running board both demonstrators will be allocated to today and tomorrow, but I would expect that there's a strong likelihood that the StreetDeck will be allocated to the 1234 out of Bishop Auckland again, to allow familiarisation for the drivers on the morning?

The enviro is on the 06:23 from Bishop today... then 09:28 from Bishop etc etc.

The StreetDecker hasn't arrived at Crook yet, but we may get it out this afternoon at some point (hopefully)
Mind, I hope when the new Quaylink starts, you all get on for a try, even if it is just to hear the next stop announcements done by the flashing blade.....bit of a taster below.

Hearing his voice for about 6 hours the other day was different thats for sure.....
(17 Jul 2015, 5:33 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Mind, I hope when the new Quaylink starts, you all get on for a try, even if it is just to hear the next stop announcements done by the flashing blade.....bit of a taster below.

Hearing his voice for about 6 hours the other day was different thats for sure.....

Going to be honest, i don't like it, unless its way to early to listen to a Geordie  Angel Angel
(17 Jul 2015, 5:42 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Going to be honest, i don't like it, unless its way to early to listen to a Geordie  Angel Angel

Your a mackem Michael.....so your opinion does not count  Big Grin
(17 Jul 2015, 5:33 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Mind, I hope when the new Quaylink starts, you all get on for a try, even if it is just to hear the next stop announcements done by the flashing blade.....bit of a taster below.

My word.  Big Grin Thats different...
I don't like him doing announcements if I'm honest, based on that. I lot of people might have difficulty understanding

Ouseburn Valley lol sounds scary lol  could have been worse

That's class. Local voice for a local route. Perfect.
I've been meaning to mention this since last Sunday; 5235's blind needs a bit TLC https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...ed-public/
9119 is on its way to crook should be out sometime tomorrow
What does everyone think of the E400MMC then?

I had two journeys on it today. Durham to Newcastle, and then Newcastle to Chester le Street. I thought it was excellent, and it certainly doesn't rattle. Possibly the most comfortable bus seats I've ever used, and the leg room is absolutely spot on. Finally a bus designed for people that are over 5ft tall!

I'd love to see some of these ordered to that spec, and I reckon the tables upstairs would attract more commuters on the X21 route. Something similar would be ideal on the ANE X12 too, because I know a lot of students tend to work on laptops on the bus.
Gateshead Interchange stand allocations from 26 July 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/gateshead-i...-july-2015
(17 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What does everyone think of the E400MMC then?

I had two journeys on it today. Durham to Newcastle, and then Newcastle to Chester le Street. I thought it was excellent, and it certainly doesn't rattle. Possibly the most comfortable bus seats I've ever used, and the leg room is absolutely spot on. Finally a bus designed for people that are over 5ft tall!

I'd love to see some of these ordered to that spec, and I reckon the tables upstairs would attract more commuters on the X21 route. Something similar would be ideal on the ANE X12 too, because I know a lot of students tend to work on laptops on the bus.

I'm still yet to ride it, I'm hoping I can on Monday
(17 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Gateshead Interchange stand allocations from 26 July 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/gateshead-i...-july-2015

Who's come up with that? Stand J is going to be busy. 14 buses an hour M-F day time, and no doubt some 56 / X1 departures will clash.
(17 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Who's come up with that? Stand J is going to be busy. 14 buses an hour M-F day time, and no doubt some 56 / X1 departures will clash.

Same with Stand C. The 1 and 53 are bound to clash, especially as the 1 often has 5+ minutes waiting time in Gateshead.
(17 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Who's come up with that? Stand J is going to be busy. 14 buses an hour M-F day time, and no doubt some 56 / X1 departures will clash.

Suspect Nexus would have been the main body behind it..? It's been a while since the last re-hash of a bus station, hasn't it?

I saw the map last week and was less than impressed myself. I do agree with some of the stand re-allocations, but can't get my head around others.

On the up side, I would anticipate that this will allow for the artwork at each stand to be updated? QuayLink, Saltwell Park, etc.