North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jul 2015, 9:34 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]As i'm not from the area's, i have no idea on the passenger numbers only when i have seen the services out and about. 

I think the Diamond will get new buses this year, if changes go-ahead, if the 96/97 doesn't justify new buses then they should get the citaro's as you have suggested, then the scania's move else where.

No idea for the X30/X31, i have used them a few times and i haven't seen many passengers on them.

The X30/X31 can get busy, but not all of the time. If it was going to be every 15 minutes I'd say it would only need single deckers really, but of course you'll have the same number of buses between Newcastle and Stanley as you do now, so maybe passenger numbers will increase? I'm not sure.

It's never really busy between Lanchester and Stanley I don't think.
Very few journeys between Stanley and Lanchester get busy. The main two are the 07:57 X31 out of Stanley (07:10 out of Newcastle) and the 15:25 X31 out of Lanchester as they both call into St Bede's School and a lot of people do opt for that bus rather than the normal school buses. That is obviously just during school term time though. Apart from that, it doesn't get so busy double deckers are required.

It is a different kettle of fish between Stanley and Newcastle at times though.
(28 Jul 2015, 9:45 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]The X30/X31 can get busy, but not all of the time. If it was going to be every 15 minutes I'd say it would only need single deckers really, but of course you'll have the same number of buses between Newcastle and Stanley as you do now, so maybe passenger numbers will increase? I'm not sure.

It's never really busy between Lanchester and Stanley I don't think.

No idea, hopefully the results will be out soon after it finishes and we don't wait for ever, it closes on the 7th August.
(28 Jul 2015, 9:51 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]No idea, hopefully the results will be out soon after it finishes and we don't wait for ever, it closes on the 7th August.

They have probs decided anyways but want passenger views and opinions on the future changes before deciding on what's happening I can see a lot of citaros getting repainted as the PVR will more than likely to decrease probs most of them will turn red or transfer to other depots to replace the old worn out vehicles
6041 has broken down at the mini roundabout on Picktree Lane outside the TA Centre. Traffic delays in Chester le Street despite the best efforts of GNE staff in directing traffic around the hazard.
(28 Jul 2015, 3:38 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]6041 has broken down at the mini roundabout on Picktree Lane outside the TA Centre. Traffic delays in Chester le Street despite the best efforts of GNE staff in directing traffic around the hazard.

Oof...  Undecided
Sunderlandnow

3 car traffic collision at Barnes outside Toby carvery. Ambulance on Scene
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there are at least 11 solos at Saltmeadows now.
(28 Jul 2015, 4:16 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there are at least 11 solos at Saltmeadows now.

3 more to go
(28 Jul 2015, 4:16 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there are at least 11 solos at Saltmeadows now.

Think the plan was they would all be here by tomorrow....
The Magic Roundabout was a great brand!
(28 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]The Magic Roundabout was a great brand!

An expensive one too I bet. I'd imagine that Go North East would have only had a licence to reproduce the work for a set period of time.
(28 Jul 2015, 4:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Think the plan was they would all be here by tomorrow....

Last 3 might get delivered tomorrow or in the next few hours, not sure on what times new buses can be delivered.
Wasn't aware this document existed - "Stumbled" over it searching for a fleet detail:
http://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/gonortheast.pdf

Interesting format - although it's out of date in some areas. Who produces  it or is it compiled from other docs.?
(28 Jul 2015, 5:54 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]Wasn't aware this document existed - "Stumbled" over it searching for a flett detail:
http://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/gonortheast.pdf

Interesting format - although it's out of date in some areas. Who produces  it or is it compiled from other docs.?

Looks quite good, like you said its out of date.

Dan did a new format for our GNE one but i can't find the post he did with the attachment on, that was a PDF.
(28 Jul 2015, 6:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks quite good, like you said its out of date.

Dan did a new format for our GNE one but i can't find the post he did with the attachment on!

I got bored and started a new format instead, which is better for fleet statistics. Might be able to go to a prettier style later, but too much of a pain in the arse to achieve at the moment.

Finished Go North East, Brighton & Hove / Metrobus and all of the various subsidiaries of Oxford Bus Co.

Will share once complete. Wink
(28 Jul 2015, 6:07 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I got bored and started a new format instead, which is better for fleet statistics. Might be able to go to a prettier style later, but too much of a pain in the arse to achieve at the moment.

Finished Go North East, Brighton & Hove / Metrobus and all of the various subsidiaries of Oxford Bus Co.

Oh right haha 

Will you do this with Stagecoach/Arriva North east to?
(28 Jul 2015, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oh right haha 

Errrr...no!

I am loyal to Go-Ahead, Michael, you should know that by now!!
(28 Jul 2015, 6:11 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Errrr...no!

I am loyal to Go-Ahead, Michael, you should know that by now!!

Haha get off this forum!  Angel

The current fleet lists are good. 

Dan do you know which of the indiGo! Solo SR's arrived today?
(28 Jul 2015, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oh right haha 

It's a possibility we could, if there's enough interest. It'd be nice to have one that was widely shared amongst the enthusiast community.