North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've not really been into services around this neck of the woods, but please could someone confirm which routes the ex-Laser Citaros (I understand most are in unbranded gold livery) now work and where these routes go? I know it owa Hexham way... Wink Just I'd like to have another trip on the Laser examples as they, for me, were some of the finest of the whole lot.

(WTX still beats any other examples though!)
(23 Jul 2015, 8:29 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]I've not really been into services around this neck of the woods, but please could someone confirm which routes the ex-Laser Citaros (I understand most are in unbranded gold livery) now work and where these routes go? I know it owa Hexham way... Wink Just I'd like to have another trip on the Laser examples as they, for me, were some of the finest of the whole lot.

(WTX still beats any other examples though!)

The gold citaros can be found on services 35, 35A and 36.

35 - Boldon to Low Moorsley (some journeys from Heworth)
35A - Heworth to Low Moorsley (evenings and Sundays)
36 - Town End Farm to Chester-le-Street

timetable can be found here: http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/67590.9
(23 Jul 2015, 8:21 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I made the exact same point the other day when the brand was first revealed (only yesterday infact?). We have discussed the relationship between the two in the past in another thread (but i can't find it - was so long ago lol) and came to some conclusion. It has also been mentioned in the past that their 'the threes' branded Optare Versa 827 (YJ12 PKU) is named in memory of Peter Huntley.
I dont have a problem with branding. But at least do the inside as well.
(23 Jul 2015, 8:33 pm)DanTheMan wrote [ -> ]I dont have a problem with branding. But at least do the inside as well.

Much better to have a generic look about something. The only problem is, some operators add interior branding and then fail to remove it when the buses move to a new route.
(23 Jul 2015, 8:33 pm)DanTheMan wrote [ -> ]I dont have a problem with branding. But at least do the inside as well.

I mentioned to tyresmoke the other night that, whilst I'm not particularly fond of some of Arriva's latest branding attempts, I really do like the interior branding they've got going on depicting local landmarks on the route of the services allocated said branded vehicles. The stairway and 'back wall' branding works really well in my opinion.

Go North East recently rolled out a new 'safety pack' for interior notices - these are much clearer and more professionally designed. What's more is that they are all in generic red, blue and white, which means in years to come when these vehicles are cascaded to another role, they won't have incorrectly branded internal notices. I can only imagine that this is part of a wider internal branding scheme, with cove panels soon to follow..? Guess we will have to keep an eye on the buses!

Lots of things going on - Saltmeadows Road has barely had time to breathe since March what with all of the repaints, new arrivals, and withdrawals!
(23 Jul 2015, 8:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I mentioned to tyresmoke the other night that, whilst I'm not particularly fond of some of Arriva's latest branding attempts, I really do like the interior branding they've got going on depicting local landmarks on the route of the services allocated said branded vehicles. The stairway and 'back wall' branding works really well in my opinion.

Go North East recently rolled out a new 'safety pack' for interior notices - these are much clearer and more professionally designed. What's more is that they are all in generic red, blue and white, which means in years to come when these vehicles are cascaded to another role, they won't have incorrectly branded internal notices. I can only imagine that this is part of a wider internal branding scheme, with cove panels soon to follow..? Guess we will have to keep an eye on the buses!

Lots of things going on - Saltmeadows Road has barely had time to breathe since March what with all of the repaints, new arrivals, and withdrawals!

have they decided the names of the gold citaros yet as is 61 silver citaros some names have been listed like Laser, Silver Arrows but i don't know what they are gonna be called
(23 Jul 2015, 8:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I mentioned to tyresmoke the other night that, whilst I'm not particularly fond of some of Arriva's latest branding attempts, I really do like the interior branding they've got going on depicting local landmarks on the route of the services allocated said branded vehicles.

Its almost like GNE pay lip service to the branding they introduced. I hate to use Trent Barton again but the publicity leaflets match the external branding which also matches the internal branding.

The GNE "message" breaks down with publicity and internal decor imo
(23 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]have they decided the names of the gold citaros yet as is 61 silver citaros some names have been listed like Laser, Silver Arrows but i don't know what they are gonna be called

Yes
(23 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Yes

which are?
(23 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]which are?
Wait and see like everyone else.
(23 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Wait and see like everyone else.

i have a feeling what they are called but i wanna know ahead of time to let others know
(23 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]i have a feeling what they are called but i wanna know ahead of time to let others know

What is your feeling then......
(23 Jul 2015, 8:48 pm)DanTheMan wrote [ -> ]Its almost like GNE pay lip service to the branding they introduced. I hate to use Trent Barton again but the publicity leaflets match the external branding which also matches the internal branding.

I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the things produced recently; promotional material, leaflets, marketing pushes (and similar) are all of a very high standard. Vast improvement to some of the things done in the past - onwards and upwards?

The Next Stop Announcements for the new Quaylink services are incredibly well designed, and the Citylink Next Stop Announcements have had a bit of a makeover too. Make sure you have a ride of both of these services next week, and you will see what I mean.

Customer consultations and leaflets with information in (ie Sunderland Airshow) all follow the generic red and white layout now. The design is basic, but incredibly professional. Very much like the new 'safety pack'.

The missing piece to Go North East's 'branding jigsaw' at present is the cove panel branding. I think a large proportion of the remainder of the branding jigsaw has been improved with trial and error. The aforementioned 'safety pack' looks great, and as I said before, let's hope it is part of a wider internal branding scheme. After all; without it, this branding jigsaw will remain incomplete.
(23 Jul 2015, 8:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]What is your feeling then......

Knowing him, Laser and Silver Arrows  Undecided
(23 Jul 2015, 8:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]What is your feeling then......

probs an old brand from the past
(23 Jul 2015, 8:55 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Knowing him, Laser and Silver Arrows  Undecided

Wouldn't mind the Silver Arrows again, that was a decent brand.... as long as its upgraded and has a better style.

Laser - Na was to boring and simple.
(23 Jul 2015, 8:56 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Laser - Na was to boring and simple.

I never liked the mix of buses on there but at the end of the day i suppose, Citaros don't come cheap...
I thought the brand was ok. Much preferred the first version of it.
(23 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I never liked the mix of buses on there but at the end of the day i suppose, Citaros don't come cheap...
I thought the brand was ok. Much preferred the first version of it.

I have to agree, i liked the first version much better... i think the 35/35A/36 should be branded "Black Cats" to..... lol
(23 Jul 2015, 8:55 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]probs an old brand from the past

Oh well....there you go!
(23 Jul 2015, 8:48 pm)DanTheMan wrote [ -> ]Its almost like GNE pay lip service to the branding they introduced. I hate to use Trent Barton again but the publicity leaflets match the external branding which also matches the internal branding.

Internal branding is difficult, as you can't standardise it across your fleet. If you've seen the MAX branding on the Arriva VDL/Gemini 2s, you'll see what I mean. Although it's been applied, it serves no purpose, as you'd have to angle your neck at a 90 degree angle to read it. The same problem with the Volvo/Gemini 2s that GNE have, especially on the lower deck.

Streetlites, for example, would be great to apply internal branding to, because of the shaping of the body towards roof in the saloon. But then you'd encounter people complaining that it's not standard across the fleet...