North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Jul 2015, 5:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Quite a few more vehicles could have been added to that list, that's for sure. A selection of photos below:

If last year was anything to go by, we can expect Washington to be providing "Red Arrows" branded Volvo B9TLs tomorrow...

6007 was on one of the shuttles this afternoon.
(25 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Going back to what was said the other night,  some of the Fast Cats Solars have "Every 60 Minutes" on both sides on some examples including 5207 and the back window says Every (30 minutes removed and nothing applied in its place) Minutes.

I thought I was seeing things the other day when I saw the x35 in Sunderland stating 60 mins but isn't that just for x36
(25 Jul 2015, 4:15 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]One of the Diamond Citaro's has had the arial numbers for a while, 5296 I think?

I know. So far i have seen the following done:
5284, 5273, 5293 and 5287 all done. 5291 and a few others however have not.
(25 Jul 2015, 5:39 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I know. So far i have seen the following done:
5284, 5273, 5293 and 5287 all done. 5291 and a few others however have not.

I believe Stanley updated as many vehicles as they could on Thursday night / Friday morning as there have been a number of amendments to the programme used previously (including the removal of the coloured backgrounds)...
Surprised nobody went out for the last day of the X40, current Quaylink and Orbit services today before the changes tomorrow. Mind you, i'd say the Airshow is much more interesting.
(25 Jul 2015, 6:07 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Surprised nobody went out for the last day of the X40, current Quaylink and Orbit services today before the vhsnges tomorrow. Mind you, i'd say the Airshow is much more interesting.

I'd planned to originally but couldn't be bothered - went down the road for an hour or so at most instead!

Hopefully I can be bothered to go out tomorrow.
(25 Jul 2015, 6:07 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Surprised nobody went out for the last day of the X40, current Quaylink and Orbit services today before the changes tomorrow. Mind you, i'd say the Airshow is much more interesting.

I went for the X40 today got the Orbit and current Q1 the other day.
(25 Jul 2015, 6:07 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Surprised nobody went out for the last day of the X40, current Quaylink and Orbit services today before the changes tomorrow. Mind you, i'd say the Airshow is much more interesting.

true im sure some enthusiasts had bigger fish to fry today and todays example is the Airshow which i went too with some very cool people
(25 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]true im sure some enthusiasts had bigger fish to fry today and todays example is the Airshow which i went too with some very cool people

[Image: http://lemagazinedesgeeks.com/wp-content...8/geek.jpg] Big Grin
(25 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]true im sure some enthusiasts had bigger fish to fry today and todays example is the Airshow which i went too with some very cool people

You can't have been. I wasn't there  Smile
I hope Citaro enjoys his night at work tonight...
I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but 8335 was on the 51/52 earlier today
(25 Jul 2015, 8:35 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but 8335 was on the 51/52 earlier today

Has made a couple of public appearances (in service) now. Believe it was on the 51 yesterday too.
(25 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Has made a couple of public appearances (in service) now. Believe it was on the 51 yesterday too.

Ahh right, never mind Sad
(25 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Ahh right, never mind  Sad

Well, i am just going off reports i have heard off forum. I know Marcus took a photo of it in Riverside but god knows what happened after that.
(25 Jul 2015, 9:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, i am just going off reports i have heard off forum. I know Marcus took a photo of it in Riverside but fod knows what happened after that.
It was parked up at Gateshead Interchange between 5 and 6 yesterday evening, before heading back to the Depot.

No idea if it had been in Service during the day on the 51/52 or Q1/Q2 though.
(25 Jul 2015, 9:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, i am just going off reports i have heard off forum. I know Marcus took a photo of it in Riverside but fod knows what happened after that.
Don't you mean god? Tongue

Yes I think I saw his photograph, this morning was the first time I had the chance to 'Manage a shot on my own turf' so I figured no one else had reported it.
On the topic of 8335, I am disappointed that the Quaylink livery worn by 8335 does not match the Quaylink liveries worn by the other vehicles. I am not talking about the colours used either:

8335: https://flic.kr/p/wc9qWj
8316: https://flic.kr/p/w85Jem

As you can see, the colours do not continue from the curves above the wheel to the rear. It just makes the vehicle look out of place and loses the corporate look about it. However, as 4 different colours have been used (the pride rainbow), i don't think it would look good so its probably for the best that that element has been omitted.
(25 Jul 2015, 7:38 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]200k is quite expensive but if they buy the E400 it'll be worth it................. i haven't had a chance to ride it and won't now but i know that E400 is much better   Tongue

Although it does matter what the budget is on new buses for this financial year.

Actually nearer £215k per bus for a new double deck - as well as purchase price, fuel economy is taken into account (remember a Volvo B7 only does around 6 mpg, so if a new double deck can be found that does 9 mpg that is a 50% saving on fuel cost).
(25 Jul 2015, 9:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, i am just going off reports i have heard off forum. I know Marcus took a photo of it in Riverside but god knows what happened after that.

8335 has been off the road following the Pride event until Friday for PSV, if I recall correctly. Providing it wasn't used in service on Friday night, yesterday would have been its first day in service following repaint.