North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Jul 2015, 7:02 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]It looks to me that these Solos are fitted with the Euro 6 6 cylinder Cummins ISB Engine , not the typical Mercedes found in other Solos in GNE.
These will for definite be fitted with Allison gearboxes like the other Solos or have GNE moved to Voith transmissions altogether?

Wrong
(21 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Wrong

Doing a Kuyoyo are we? Tongue
(21 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Wrong

How? they have the same size side grill as the ones new to Stagecoach this year in the north west which are Cummins powered , Whilst the Euro 6 Mercedes Solos with Scarlet Band have a smaller side grill.
(21 Jul 2015, 7:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doing a Kuyoyo are we? Tongue

How very dare you...

(21 Jul 2015, 7:10 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]How? they have the same size side grill as the ones new to Stagecoach this year in the north west which are Cummins powered , Whilst the Euro 6 Mercedes Solos with Scarlet Band have a smaller side grill.

They are E5 Mercedes.  Looks can be deceiving you know.....
(21 Jul 2015, 7:17 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]How very dare you....

Hehe  Big Grin
(21 Jul 2015, 7:17 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]They are E5 Mercedes.  Looks can be deceiving you know.....

I suppose so, I think Optare need to get there grill sizes right!!
(21 Jul 2015, 7:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doing a Kuyoyo are we? Tongue

No, he is NOT!  Big Grin
Normally really like the colours GNE use. Afraid this one is awful. Let's hope the branding tones it down
(21 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm)Swiny1 wrote [ -> ]Normally really like the colours GNE use. Afraid this one is awful. Let's hope the branding tones it down

See what it's like branded? 

The Saltwell Park Streetlites looked dog awful in that mint colour when they first arrived, yet I'd say it's one of the best examples of branding they have.
(21 Jul 2015, 8:33 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]See what it's like branded? 

The Saltwell Park Streetlites looked dog awful in that mint colour when they first arrived, yet I'd say it's one of the best examples of branding they have.
Yeh true. Can't argue with that they look great

I agree; when I first glimpsed a ''Coast & Country'' Streetlite on delivery to Saltmeadows Road, in the plain lime green base colour, I thought it didn't look particularly nice. Now that all of them have been in service for nearly 3 months, and are all branded up; I still think it's one of Go North East's smartest brands. They've really upped their game with the new branding recently, considering at one point most of the now corporate-liveried services were just thrown a useless brand. I expect the ''East Durham'' branding to be hopefully improved, and I have faith that it will look fantastic.

I still miss the sandy-style branding on the original Drifter on the Marshall Darts!
(21 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I still miss the sandy-style branding on the original Drifter on the Marshall Darts!

Good lord Scott.....you want to get out more in that case  Tongue
(21 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I still miss the sandy-style branding on the original Drifter on the Marshall Darts!

I didn't like that style. Looked as if it was done for the sake of it and cheaply at that.

That was dog awful, and remained dog awful. Tongue

[Image: http://frenchyincali.com/wp-content/uplo...jpg?9bb1c3]

It was nearly as bad as frequenta...haha!
What board is the StreetDeck/E400MMC on today.
(22 Jul 2015, 7:03 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]What board is the StreetDeck/E400MMC on today.

E400 due to leave Bishop at 11:04.
StreetDeck due to leave Newcastle at 11:05.
(21 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm)Swiny1 wrote [ -> ]Normally really like the colours GNE use. Afraid this one is awful. Let's hope the branding tones it down

There used to be a saying:  "Don't let fools and bairns see half-finished work".