North East Buses

Full Version: Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
So did I back in the mid/late 90's
The Hall murder thing weighs heavily on his conscience and I don't think he ever came to terms with it. He discusses the incident on The Art of Wrestling podcast.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2013/10/1...cott-hall/

Hall checked into DDP's rehabilitation programme sometime last year. He was doing well the last time I heard although that was a few months ago. I hope he recovers from his demons.
(03 Jul 2014, 10:29 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]The Hall murder thing weighs heavily on his conscience and I don't think he ever came to terms with it. He discusses the incident on The Art of Wrestling podcast.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2013/10/1...cott-hall/

Hall checked into DDP's rehabilitation programme sometime last year. He was doing well the last time I heard although that was a few months ago. I hope he recovers from his demons.

Yeah, that video I linked to seems to say that, a man died at his hands, but I guess from the Hall described it was kill or be killed, if Hall never grabbed the gun it may have been used against.

It is really sad to see the way he is now, one of the best wrestlers of my generation, that video I posted shows one shameful act, getting dragged out at an indy show when he could not stand on his own 2 feet, was in another world...I hope he can sort himself out as well
(03 Jul 2014, 9:50 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Reports state that Ong had suffered concussions prior to his death but decided to continue with his wrestling training. It may have been a contributing factor but, IIRC, it was indeterminable to state whether it was the cause of death.

BTW, if you like reading about wrestling sleaze (and lets face it there's a lot of it around) have you ever checked this out?

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotd...leeze.html

It's an archived thread from the Death Valley Driver forum compiling urban legends surrounding wrestling and wrestlers.

Although most of what's listed is probably bollocks, it's a funny, entertaining and interesting read.

It'll make you laugh I guarantee!!

It certainly is interesting mate...

picked out a few I particularly laughed at

Gonna pick a few out of that list...

Sabu performing oral sex on a valet, when asked was it good he reportedly said "smell my moustache"...

Shawn Michaels supposedly invited three hot girls back to his hotel room. He told them to all get naked and get on their knees. He whips out his ding dong and the girls figure it's going to be a suck-fest, but instead he proceeds to take a piss in each of their mouths.

Macho Man had his way with Stephanie (she was about 14 then) back in 94/95 and that Vince found out and that was the true ending for Macho Man in WWF. I heard Steph was 16/17 when this supposedly happened and that the mere mention of Macho Man's name if Vince is in can have you in trouble with him

Stephanie McMahon has a strap-on & has used it on Austin, HHH & Chyna.Trips and Austin being pegged by Steph, there's a sight that will give me nightmares

I heard the TNA ring girl Athena has a foot and leg fetish and apparently was caught trying to run off with Zach Gowen's fake leg.

During Hacksaw's first days in the fed (around Wrestlemania 3) there was this ring rat that he saw at the first 3 WWF dates he worked, that he thought was attractive...and on his 4th night there, there's the girl, with a bunch of the boys jerking off ready to unload on her face (I can't recall the names of them other than Butch Reed) and a DOG going down on her at the time!

Back in 1988 or 89, at one of the shows, the fed rented rooms in 2 different hotels, both directly across from eachother. Anyway, Bret Hart tipped the roommate of Pat Patterson's room to keep the drapes open just to see what was going on...and that night, Hacksaw, Niedhart, Bret, and maybe 2 or 3 other guys witnessed Steve Lombardi come in the room, ram Lombardi up the poop shoot, and then turn him around and have him blow him afterwards...Hacksaw said he puked after seeing that.

Jeff Jarrett wanted Chyna to do him with a strap on, so when she wouldn't he asked for a bunch of money instead, this was also supposedly a reason why Chyna never showed up in TNA cuz Jeff again asked her to do it and she said noChyna pegging Jarrett, another sick vision

Zach Gowan had his leg stolen at virtually every show he worked in WWE.Cruel, but if true, funny

Vince McMahon asked Goldust to get breast implants put in and he seriously thought about it.[b]Old Goldie was always a bit of a freak, I would have told Vince to fuck off [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

At the beginning of the Attitude era, when Vince was going nuts with merchandising ideas-- one of his pet concepts was for a set of WWF Legends commerative cockrings which would have been available in adult speciality stores like Spencers.WWE Cockrings lmao, what next, WWE Buttplugs

A couple of others I heard down the years...

When Brian Pillman went to ECW he apparently tried to whip his Johnson out in the ring...

Pillman also once got Bobby Heenan so mad, that Heenan uttered an f-bomb on TV

The Miz was once apparently caught with Pat Patterson's junk inside him Where I heard that I can't remember

When Steph was expecting her first kid with Trips, Vince wanted to run an incest storyline where he was the daddy, Steph said No, Vince suggested Shane to be the daddy, Steph again said no, the idea was dropped and forgot Proves Vince has absolutely no morals whatsoever
(03 Jul 2014, 11:44 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]A couple of others I heard down the years...

When Brian Pillman went to ECW he apparently tried to whip his Johnson out in the ring...

True - See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D30hdSJD_xM (Pillman is great in this segment)

Pillman also once got Bobby Heenan so mad, that Heenan uttered an f-bomb on TV

Also true - see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCbZP4LG6Jw

As for the Steph/Macho Man thing - well, Steph was born in 1976 and Macho Man left in 1994 which, assuming it wasn't a long-term affair, would have made her around 17/18 at the time.
Yeah, he was brilliant in that ECW segment, thought The Franchise was going to burst a blood vessel, not a happy man at all [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

I only watched part time when Pillman was around in WWE, I vaguely remember 'Pillman has a gun' was the gun actually loaded, one of my favourite all time Raw segments

From what little I have seen of Brian Pillman I am convinced the man was a genius, The Loose Cannon seemed to blur the line between what was real and character, I think Arn Anderson once said 'If you can fool a guy like Bobby Heenan, your onto something' and it seemed Pillman played it too good to the point where nobody could tell if he really was unhinged or he was pulling a big joke at everyone else's expense, that is the kind of direction I would like to see Dean Ambrose go down sometime
I posted the wrong YouTube link.

It's in this segment (his ECW debut) where he threatens to whip out his johnson and take a piss in the ring.

I remember waiting anxiously for this tape to arrive in the post back in 1996. I wasn't disappointed.

Philadelphia fans are/were notorious for not recognising the heel/face divide when WWF or WCW came to town. You had be talented to be a heel and get the right reaction when performing in Philadelphia. At the start of that segment Pillman is receiving vociferous support from the ECW crowd and by the end of his promo, in which he essentially insults ECW fans for being too smarky, he is hated.
And that is exactly why I think Pillman was a genius, Philly can be hostile ground for performers and it looked like he had them exactly where he wanted them...

Bischoff once said something like nobody was sure who was working who here, was it WCW working everyone or had Pillman flipped...If any wrestler can achieve that level of acting, they are something special...

I love Joey Styles reaction in that video

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa Brian, put that thing away [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
I've just been checking out Lana's instagram. It's quite entertaining!!

http://instagram.com/thelanawwe

She's not impressed with either Glasgow or Nottingham.

http://instagram.com/p/oBAPTyBK2S/?modal=true
as we have been discussing funny stuff in wrestling...

A couple of stories Jericho told about ECW made me laugh

One day Paul Heyman sorted out Ron Simmons travel for an event and got his tickets under Seymour Goldstein, to which Simmons replied "Do I look I'm Jewish to you, come on, give me something to work with here.....DAMN"

I think it is in the extras of the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD

Why Heyman got tickets in a Jewish name, I do not know, but there must have been a good reason

Another Jericho story from ECW, apparently Heyman was quite a tight bastard and would do anything on the cheap, so Heyman supposedly got a cheap flight for Jericho by telling the Airline Jericho had suffered a bereavement, explaining that Jerichos brother in law (Chris Benoit) had died...

The above was in one of Jerichos books [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
(04 Jul 2014, 4:04 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Why Heyman got tickets in a Jewish name, I do not know, but there must have been a good reason

The only reason I can think of is that Heyman, who is Jewish, might have had some sort of deal with a travel agent which provided cheap travel to Jewish customers. Other than that - why bother with the fake name?

From the sleaze list...

299. Andre the Giant vs. Akira Maeda, 1985
Major disaster. The mega-hyped match that turned into a near shoot because Andre wouldn't sell Maeda's offense. Maeda was getting a big head and Andre was told to embarrass him in the ring since everyone believed in the Andre myth. Maeda didn't know and Andre, even drunk, was powerful as hell, and started going for Maeda's eyes after no selling his submissions. When Maeda saw it was on, he reacted as only he could. The reason it wasn't stopped earlier was the idea was for Andre to kick Maeda's ass and they were waiting for it to happen. Maeda was kicking Andre's knee until it turned bright red and took him down rather easily a few times. He turned to Kantaro Hoshino and asked if he could finish him off and Hoshino shook his head "no." Maeda was pissed and threw a kick at the guard rail that was more brutal than any kick he threw at Andre. Maeda has been very unprofessional at certain points in his career and is a baby, but in this case, a guy twice his size started it with him and he was trying to protect himself, put some fear into Andre, and not hurt Andre all at the same time. Dick Murdoch, who believed in the myth of Andre, as did everyone at the time, came back and said that he thought Maeda was going to end Andre's career. WINNER: Certainly not the fans. (thanks to Dave Meltzer)

You can see this all unfold below. As a match it's very poor (as are most Andre matches), but once you understand what was going on it becomes more bearable and interesting.

(match starts around the 4 minute mark)
Embarrassing to watch, Andre looked fucked and pissed...

What was supposed to happen here, did they shoot on each other in the end...looks like it was a massive fuck up from start to finish

Andre looks like he was as pissed as a priest on Sunday, absolutely cringeworthy...

I am guessing by 1986 Andre would have been having chronic medical problems, which may be another reason he was in such bad shape...

Was it Andre who was a drinking legend 100-150 beers or wines in one session...I thought I was bad when I used to drink 4 Crates of Lager a week, I would die if I tried to sink a ton in one sesh
(04 Jul 2014, 5:31 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Embarrassing to watch, Andre looked fucked and pissed...

What was supposed to happen here, did they shoot on each other in the end...looks like it was a massive fuck up from start to finish

Andre looks like he was as pissed as a priest on Sunday, absolutely cringeworthy...

I am guessing by 1986 Andre would have been having chronic medical problems, which may be another reason he was in such bad shape...

Was it Andre who was a drinking legend 100-150 beers or wines in one session...I thought I was bad when I used to drink 4 Crates of Lager a week, I would die if I tried to sink a ton in one sesh

Yup. It was indeed Andre who reportedly drank over 100 beers in one session. Supposedly, the beers were of the small continental size (approx 150 ml) which you can buy in supermarkets but even still that's still a lot of alcohol to consume in one sitting.

By 1986 Andre would have suffering from some medical problems. He headlined Wrestlemania 3 with Hulk Hogan the following year and could do very little at that point. Little under six years later he died due to his medical condition.

Before 1986 Andre was widely regarded as one of wrestling's hardest men: a guy who no-one messed with. However, this was due to his size and strength more than any legitimate fighting background. Former Judo Olympic Bronze Medallist, Bad News Allen (later Bad News Brown in WWF 1987-90) tested Andre's alleged reputation as a hard-man after he caught Andre making racist comments. Needless to say, Andre backed down from any confrontation.

Akira Maeda, who went on become one of the pioneers of MMA, also had a legitimate fighting background. Maeda was well-known for not taking any shit during his matches; he also had a bad reputation with bookers and regularly threw tantrums when he thought he wasn't being booked correctly. There is an infamous incident (I think it occurred in 1987) between Maeda and then New Japan booker, Riki Choshu, where Maeda casually wanders into the ring and delivers a shoot-kick to Maeda's face breaking his orbital bone in the process (see below).

The Andre/Maeda match happened before the Choshu/Maeda incident and it's simply a case of Andre being being goaded into teaching Maeda 'a lesson' so to speak. Obviously, Andre bit of more than he could chew and is continuously thwarted as Maeda defends himself against The Giant. Maeda repeatedly asks officials (including New-Japan president Antonio Inoki - the guy with the huge chin who wanders into the ring at one point) whether it's OK to fight Andre for real and is told no. Nobody is sure what to do and the match continues with both competitors circling around each other with Maeda throwing a cheeky kick here and there.
Has to post this video...

Brian Pillman and the 18" Turd as told Good Ol' JR

How JR tells that without I do not know

Kinda reminds me of a friend of mine who can piss for 3 or 4 minutes at once, the kind leakage where you got to put places on flood alert when he is in the traps
(04 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Yup. It was indeed Andre who reportedly drank over 100 beers in one session. Supposedly, the beers were of the small continental size (approx 150 ml) which you can buy in supermarkets but even still that's still a lot of alcohol to consume in one sitting.

By 1986 Andre would have suffering from some medical problems. He headlined Wrestlemania 3 with Hulk Hogan the following year and could do very little at that point. Little under six years later he died due to his medical condition.

Before 1986 Andre was widely regarded as one of wrestling's hardest men: a guy who no-one messed with. However, this was due to his size and strength more than any legitimate fighting background. Former Judo Olympic Bronze Medallist, Bad News Allen (later Bad News Brown in WWF 1987-90) tested Andre's alleged reputation as a hard-man after he caught Andre making racist comments. Needless to say, Andre backed down from any confrontation.

Akira Maeda, who went on become one of the pioneers of MMA, also had a legitimate fighting background. Maeda was well-known for not taking any shit during his matches; he also had a bad reputation with bookers and regularly threw tantrums when he thought he wasn't being booked correctly. There is an infamous incident (I think it occurred in 1987) between Maeda and then New Japan booker, Riki Choshu, where Maeda casually wanders into the ring and delivers a shoot-kick to Maeda's face breaking his orbital bone in the process (see below).

The Andre/Maeda match happened before the Choshu/Maeda incident and it's simply a case of Andre being being goaded into teaching Maeda 'a lesson' so to speak. Obviously, Andre bit of more than he could chew and is continuously thwarted as Maeda defends himself against The Giant. Maeda repeatedly asks officials (including New-Japan president Antonio Inoki - the guy with the huge chin who wanders into the ring at one point) whether it's OK to fight Andre for real and is told no. Nobody is sure what to do and the match continues with both competitors circling around each other with Maeda throwing a cheeky kick here and there.

Would you say the same goes for any of today's big lads, Big Show and Khali, but your right when you say Andre was feared for his size and strength...I wouldn't have fancied squaring up to Andre, whether he can hold his own legitimately or not, if he got one quick dig off at the right moment, there is only 1 way your going...Down...

I would have loved to have been around in Andre's heyday, did he have much to offer offensively or was he like a typical huge dude, very predictable and same moves week in week out
(04 Jul 2014, 8:52 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Would you say the same goes for any of today's big lads, Big Show and Khali, but your right when you say Andre was feared for his size and strength...I wouldn't have fancied squaring up to Andre, whether he can hold his own legitimately or not, if he got one quick dig off at the right moment, there is only 1 way your going...Down...

Maybe Big Show but certainly not Khali. Today, many wrestlers undertake additional training in Judo, Jujitsu, Shooto, Kickboxing etc. Whether they're any good at it is of course a different matter but having some sort of fighting background is going to give you a degree of confidence. What UFC (and other MMA promotions) have taught us that its not the size of the dog but the size of the fight the dog can bring. Just because someone looks big and hard doesn't necessarily mean that they are although I do agree that a lucky punch at the right moment has the potential to win a fight. However, that same logic applies to anyone - not just to big, hard-looking bruisers. Times have changed, size doesn't mean as much as it once did.

I would have loved to have been around in Andre's heyday, did he have much to offer offensively or was he like a typical huge dude, very predictable and same moves week in week out

Don't know. I have only really seen his WWF stuff. I have no inclining to go and watch old Andre matches although I have been told he used to utilise drop-kicks and was a lot more agile back in the day.
(04 Jul 2014, 9:16 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Maybe Big Show but certainly not Khali. Today, many wrestlers undertake additional training in Judo, Jujitsu, Shooto, Kickboxing etc. Whether they're any good at it is of course a different matter but having some sort of fighting background is going to give you a degree of confidence. What UFC (and other MMA promotions) have taught us that its not the size of the dog but the size of the fight the dog can bring. Just because someone looks big and hard doesn't necessarily mean that they are although I do agree that a lucky punch at the right moment has the potential to win a fight. However, that same logic applies to anyone - not just to big, hard-looking bruisers. Times have changed, size doesn't mean as much as it once did.

Don't know. I have only really seen his WWF stuff. I have no inclining to go and watch old Andre matches although I have been told he used to utilise drop-kicks and was a lot more agile back in the day.

That would be a sight to see, I have seen The Big Show do a canny dropkick, Kane and 'Taker also hadhad a decent dropkick the times I have seen them do one [WHITE SMILING FACE]
Speaking of Jericho, this video-package (designed to introduce Jericho and Lance Storm to Smokey Mountain Wrestling fans back in 1994) always makes me laugh.

(05 Jul 2014, 11:32 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Speaking of Jericho, this video-package (designed to introduce Jericho and Lance Storm to Smokey Mountain Wrestling fans back in 1994) always makes me laugh.

That is class, cringeworthy, but funny
Such a sad Day for WWE and the WWE Universe, As Santino Marella has announced his Retirement due to suffering a Neck Injury for the 3rd Time.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...etirement/

Marella Moments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPkIosMO8lY

Tea Party with Sheamus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2ib9wHCTA

Retirement Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyfwjvbnK8
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43