North East Buses

Full Version: Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(01 Mar 2015, 12:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Did you watch much? What did you watch?
I have mostly watched the beyond the ring series(the retrospective documentaries), I cannot really get into old matches or old ppv's, but I got it for the PPVs and the documentaries, I always found myself more interested in wrestlers lives...It would cost a canny bit if I went out and bought them on Blu-Ray or DVD, something I cannot really afford to do all the time, so £9.99 a month works for me Big Grin

Although I have just remembered I may be cut off anyway, as I realised earlier on, I ain't got money in the bank and won't till Wednesday Sad
WWE have resigned two former superstars.

[Image: rhyno_bio_20150218.png] and [Image: The-Brian-Kendrick1.jpg]

I've always liked Rhyno. Obviously, he hasn't been signed as an up and coming superstar, but he should be good in his apparent role as the NXT roadblock/gatekeeper and hopefully help elevate some of the talent in NXT. 
(01 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]WWE have resigned two former superstars.

[Image: rhyno_bio_20150218.png] and [Image: The-Brian-Kendrick1.jpg]

I've always liked Rhyno. Obviously, he hasn't been signed as an up and coming superstar, but he should be good in his apparent role as the NXT roadblock/gatekeeper and hopefully help elevate some of the talent in NXT. 
My pal mentioned about Rhyno last week sometime, did he debut on NXT?
(02 Mar 2015, 10:18 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]My pal mentioned about Rhyno last week sometime, did he debut on NXT?
Yeah he did, as did Kendrick, they will used to elevate the young NXT Talent on NXT Programming.
I see Debra Miceli aka Alundra Blaze aka Madusa is the latest HOF inductee...

Wasn't it her who threw the ladies belt in a bin on Nitro
(04 Mar 2015, 4:37 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I see Debra Miceli aka Alundra Blaze aka Madusa is the latest HOF inductee...

Wasn't it her who threw the ladies belt in a bin on Nitro

Yup. Easily the best American Woman ever to wrestle in the WWF. For a short period in 1994/5, WWF decided to treat women's wrestling seriously and brought in talent from All Japan Women. I've posted some matches elsewhere in this thread.
Cant remember if it been mentioned here yet, have read Samoa Joe is having talks with WWE...

Would he debut before, during or after Wrestlemania and would he used on NXT at first
30 days till I go see WWE at the Metty Dome Big Grin

WWE Live-Newcastle

Paige is gonna be there...Cant wait now lol
Also thought I would mention The Inaugural Recipient of the Warrior Award at the Hall of Fame is posthumously awarded to Connor Michalek, a young wrestling fan who won the hearts of the WWE and WWE Universe last year, he has sadly died since Wrestlemania last year of Cancer

There was a great moment with him when he was talking to the wrestlers, was to AJ Lee when he quite seriously told her 'stop your craziness' and he got to hit Trips in the ring and beat him 1...2...3 :Big Grin
A question I have been needing to ask, does have any Wrestling Memorabilia, something you got a Live Event years ago maybe which you still have now or something else, I have been having a bit of a clean up in my room over past week and I found a Copy of WWF Magazine from December 2000 and is in Mint Condition. 
(14 Mar 2015, 4:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]A question I have been needing to ask, does have any Wrestling Memorabilia, something you got a Live Event years ago maybe which you still have now or something else, I have been having a bit of a clean up in my room over past week and I found a Copy of WWF Magazine from December 2000 and is in Mint Condition. 

I have a load of PowerSlam (and it's predecessor - Superstars of Wrestling) magazines dating from 1993 onwards. I'm trying to shift some of them on eBay. 

I also have a program from an event I attended in Walthamstow back in 1996 called 'Ultra Kaos '96' featuring ECW stars Sabu and Mikey Whipwreck on their first UK tour. I may scan and post this if I get the chance. 
As promised - my program from Ultra Kaos '96.

Because the program is in black and white I scanned it using 'black and white text' rather than the 'colour photo' settings I usually use. 

Looking through the program, it appears I was wrong in saying it was Sabu and Mikey's first UK visit. Sabu had previously appeared in the UK in 1995 however it was Mikey's UK debut.

[attachment=6416][attachment=6417][attachment=6418]
[attachment=6419][attachment=6420][attachment=6421]
[attachment=6422][attachment=6423][attachment=6424]
[attachment=6425]
(15 Mar 2015, 10:24 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]As promised - my program from Ultra Kaos '96.

Because the program is in black and white I scanned it using 'black and white text' rather than the 'colour photo' settings I usually use. 

Looking through the program, it appears I was wrong in saying it was Sabu and Mikey's first UK visit. Sabu had previously appeared in the UK in 1995 however it was Mikey's UK debut.
Was this just E.C Dub under a European Brand Name???
(16 Mar 2015, 10:00 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Was this just E.C Dub under a European Brand Name???

No. Just an indy-fed who brought a couple of imports over from the States. Despite being called the 'European Wrestling Association' I don't think they managed to run outside of the Greater London area. To be honest, I think they only had three shows: the initial one with Sabu; UltraKaos '96 which was the one I attended; and a third named 'St Valentine's Massacre' - featuring Sabu and the UK debut of RVD - held in February 1998. 

The UltraKaos show was available on YouTube but I can't seem to find it now. Depending on where the camera was positioned, there may be footage of me at ringside during the main-event.
The Rock will be guest starring on a New TV Show on Spike TV called "Lip Sync Battle" on April 2nd, sneak preview on link below.
http://fansided.com/2015/03/16/dwayne-jo...vel-video/

Has anyone been watching WWE since the Royal Rumble, what do you think of the Build up to Mania, personally feel it has been quite dreadful to be honest minus the Promos by Bray Wyatt on the Undertaker, other than that and the battle over IC Title it has been pretty lackluster if im honest, I was expecting a lot more out of the Sting vs HHH Feud in terms of Face 2 Face Confrontations, Sting looked in excellent shape on RAW last night when he come to Ortons aid against The Authority, the man in my opinion could Wrestle beyond Wrestlemania if he wanted to do so, a feud with Wyatt heading into Summerslam would be awesome.

Reigns vs Lesnar, Rusev vs Cena, The Bellas vs AJ/Paige I really have zero Interest in and the feuds have been boring to watch, unless of course you enjoy watching some of the Fanny Shots the Camera has been getting as of late during the Divas Matches, The whole patriotic bollocks with Rusev has become as stale as Cenas Gimmick, only shinning light in that feud in Lana, as for Reigns and Lesnar well we all know what going to happen there now dont we, need I say anymore, lets hope for a Rollins Cash In at Mania if not the following night on RAW, Speaking of which I almost forgot about Rollins vs Orton didnt I, to be fair that hasnt been to bad to watch if I am honest, but WWE should of bought back Orton sooner than they did, and finally I couldnt give a stuff about the Andre Battle Royal. 
(17 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Has anyone been watching WWE since the Royal Rumble, what do you think of the Build up to Mania, personally feel it has been quite dreadful to be honest minus the Promos by Bray Wyatt on the Undertaker, other than that and the battle over IC Title it has been pretty lackluster if im honest, I was expecting a lot more out of the Sting vs HHH Feud in terms of Face 2 Face Confrontations, Sting looked in excellent shape on RAW last night when he come to Ortons aid against The Authority, the man in my opinion could Wrestle beyond Wrestlemania if he wanted to do so, a feud with Wyatt heading into Summerslam would be awesome.

Reigns vs Lesnar, Rusev vs Cena, The Bellas vs AJ/Paige I really have zero Interest in and the feuds have been boring to watch, unless of course you enjoy watching some of the Fanny Shots the Camera has been getting as of late during the Divas Matches, The whole patriotic bollocks with Rusev has become as stale as Cenas Gimmick, only shinning light in that feud in Lana, as for Reigns and Lesnar well we all know what going to happen there now dont we, need I say anymore, lets hope for a Rollins Cash In at Mania if not the following night on RAW, Speaking of which I almost forgot about Rollins vs Orton didnt I, to be fair that hasnt been to bad to watch if I am honest, but WWE should of bought back Orton sooner than they did, and finally I couldnt give a stuff about the Andre Battle Royal. 

I really can't argue with any thing you've said here.

Triple-H and Sting really holds no appeal to me. As I've said elsewhere in this thread why are they wrestling? What possible issue could Sting have with HHH (or vice versa)? They briefly wrestled for the same company (WCW) back in 1994/5 but Trips was a jobber while Sting was at the top of the card. Aside from that, their paths have never crossed nor has it been explained why one has beef with the other. Call me old-fashioned, but I like a wrestling promotion's top feud to have some credible storyline attached.

Even though Reigns is the alleged babyface in his feud against Lesnar (and Heyman) it is clear that the fans want to cheer Lesnar and who wouldn't? Lesnar is a monster who dominates while Reigns comes across as a geek. As Lesnar is gone after Wrestlemania it seems obvious that Reigns is getting the belt. Unless Rollins cashes in and wins the belt - Reigns' tenure as WWE Champ is going to be interesting. Can't wait for the backlash on the post-WM episode of RAW.
(17 Mar 2015, 7:58 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I really can't argue with any thing you've said here.

Triple-H and Sting really holds no appeal to me. As I've said elsewhere in this thread why are they wrestling? What possible issue could Sting have with HHH (or vice versa)? They briefly wrestled for the same company (WCW) back in 1994/5 but Trips was a jobber while Sting was at the top of the card. Aside from that, their paths have never crossed nor has it been explained why one has beef with the other. Call me old-fashioned, but I like a wrestling promotion's top feud to have some credible storyline attached.

Even though Reigns is the alleged babyface in his feud against Lesnar (and Heyman) it is clear that the fans want to cheer Lesnar and who wouldn't? Lesnar is a monster who dominates while Reigns comes across as a geek. As Lesnar is gone after Wrestlemania it seems obvious that Reigns is getting the belt. Unless Rollins cashes in and wins the belt - Reigns' tenure as WWE Champ is going to be interesting. Can't wait for the backlash on the post-WM episode of RAW.
The whole story behind Sting vs HHH is that Sting is the last active wrestler of WCW that is still alive and kicking, the Announcers and HHH in his weekly forum with Micheal Cole have put it across as Sting seeking revenge on HHH for helping put WCW out of Business 15 Years Ago, And that Sting thinks HHH abuses his power and needs to be taken down, which is really the only way WWE could of put the storyline together had they not opted for a Sting vs Taker match.

As I said previously in regards to Lesnar vs Reigns, I do hope for a Rollins Cash In, but thinking about it if Lesnar is on his way out of WWE then where does that leave Heyman, a potential double cross maybe as to be honest Reigns could with a Mouthpiece as his Promos are just awful, and Heyman fits the bill perfectly, either way both feuds could with a bit of added spice and plot twist to make it more intriguing, WWE really need to pull out all the stops on the go-home episode of RAW and Smackdown next week before Wrestlemania.
Sting wins for the best entrance ever mind...
(17 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Sting wins for the best entrance ever mind...

Better entrance theme too.

Should have really kept it going into WWE but hey-ho.
(17 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Better entrance theme too.

Should have really kept it going into WWE but hey-ho.

I agree. I assume they own it as a 'production theme'. 

Although he did drop it towards the end of WCW, in favour of Metallica's Seek and Destroy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43