North East Buses

Full Version: Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
If that's not Sting, we're at War 😇
(17 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The whole story behind Sting vs HHH is that Sting is the last active wrestler of WCW that is still alive and kicking, the Announcers and HHH in his weekly forum with Micheal Cole have put it across as Sting seeking revenge on HHH for helping put WCW out of Business 15 Years Ago, And that Sting thinks HHH abuses his power and needs to be taken down, which is really the only way WWE could of put the storyline together had they not opted for a Sting vs Taker match.

But even that explanation is pushing it.

Apart from the fact both Steiner and Jarrett are still going at it, why wait fifteen years to get revenge on someone who 'helped'*put your employers out of business? You'd think Sting would have gotten over it by now.  

*It's debatable how much influence HHH had in WWE when WCW was still in business. Lets not forget, HHH played second fiddle to both Austin and The Rock during the attitude era. Undertaker was above him at this point too.
(17 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]But even that explanation is pushing it.

Apart from the fact both Steiner and Jarrett are still going at it, why wait fifteen years to get revenge on someone who 'helped'*put your employers out of business? You'd think Sting would have gotten over it by now.  

*It's debatable how much influence HHH had in WWE when WCW was still in business. Lets not forget, HHH played second fiddle to both Austin and The Rock during the attitude era. Undertaker was above him at this point too.

Sting over the years has had numerous chances over the years to join WWE, Particularly during his TNA Days but never did until now, there was apparently quite a few times where he and Vince spoke and a Deal was close, but there was a few minor things they couldnt agree on, what they were I dont know, likely to be his paycheck I would guess.

Thinking about HHH had zero influence on WCW going out of Business to be honest, As he spent the Majority of the time out Injured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE...vents#2001

From looking at wiki HHH would injured himself during a Match on RAW (21/05/2001), Tearing his Quad, which was the night after the Judgement Day 2001 PPV, which then meant he missed the entire WWF(E) vs WCW/ECW Feud which as we know put both companies out of Business, HHH didnt make his In Ring Return until (07/01/2002) on RAW, 3 Months after WCW went out of Business.

Furthermore Sting didnt feature at all during that time either as WWE Purchased WCW in March 2001, with Sting vs Flair being the last Main Event of WCW Nitro, after that he sat on the sidelines until the expiration of his then AOL Time Warners Contract despite constant discussions about working for WWE, during which the feud between WWE/WCW was showing on Television, Instead he went to WWA (World Wrestling All Stars) in 2002 before joining TNA in 2003.

So in reality what I said above in my previous post which has been stated as the reason on RAW is complete and utter bollocks, which makes zero sense as neither were around at the time of WCW going out of Business Storyline wise, unless Sting sees it as with HHH being married into the McMahon Family then he is therefore responsible along with HHH being the last remaining active Wrestler of that time, looking at it, it looks like WWE have booked it as an "End of an Era" Match like they did with HHH/Taker at Mania a few years back, with it this time being the last of WCW vs the last of WWE from that time.
Just been thinking...

The last piece of WCW Merchandise I bought was in 1994. If I had have bought more merchandise then perhaps WCW would still be in business. By not buying more merchandise I helped WCW go out of business.

I wonder if Sting will come after me next?

Better put what I learned at those four wrestling training sessions I attended in 2004 to good use.
(18 Mar 2015, 8:42 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Just been thinking...

The last piece of WCW Merchandise I bought was in 1994. If I had have bought more merchandise then perhaps WCW would still be in business. By not buying more merchandise I helped WCW go out of business.

I wonder if Sting will come after me next?

Better put what I learned at those four wrestling training sessions I attended in 2004 to good use.

To quote Goldberg

[Image: f035c1e92e6fee38f5e8a1541e258777.jpg]
(21 Mar 2015, 5:33 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]http://wrestlingnews.co/breaking-hijo-de...terios-619

Here's what CubsFan had to say about this tragic incident:
www.luchablog.com

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, Perro Aguayo Jr., passed away early this morning. He was 35. Perro suffered fatal injuries during Friday night’s match in Tijuana. Reports indicate a ring rope snapped into his throat or head, and he fell to the mat unconscious. It was originally believed he was just selling, but he’d actually been knocked unconscious. Perro was rushed to the Del Padro hospital, and pronounced dead early Saturday morning.

There is video. I’m not going to be watching it or linking to it.

Perro is the second AAA employee to pass away tragically within days. Perro was a lynchpin of AAA, the led heel, the man all the big feuds for the future were built around and leader of the biggest heel group, a group that had spanned both CMLL and AAA. Perro was a person who had way too much life left for him to leave now – as a individual, as a family man.

This is a nightmare.

Update (11:48): MedioTiempo has an article with quotes from the Tijuana lucha commission doctor. Everyone watching the video, and watching live, observed there was no doctor’s aid right away and a makeshift stretcher. (In the video, Konnan appears to be the first to notice something’s horribly wrong.) The doctor explains there had been two other injuries on the card, including a spinal one, and the doctors were still treating them. The doctor says there were two ambulances present. It sounds like the spinal injury person was still on the stretcher, so the idea was to get Perro out of the ring as quick as possible with whatever they had. Perro was moved onto a stretcher before they got him into the ambulance.

Perro was worked on for an hour at the hospital, with a team of doctors trying to figure out what they could do, before they declared him dead. The official cause of death is “raíz de un golpe que tuvo en la región cervical”, which I believe translates to a spinal stroke

It's also worth noting that Perro had a cancer scare a few years back which resulted in doctors removing a benign tumour from his stomach. He was advised to take a year to recover but, like most wrestlers, he was back within two months of his operation.

I was always entertained by Perro's antics. He was a superb heel who was immensely charismatic. The likes of Perro Aguayo (and Ultimo Guerrero) were responsible for Mistico's (Sin Cara v.1) rise to the top. Without such talented rudos to work with it's debatale how he'd fare on his own, with or without family connections in CMLL's front office.

He was also partially responsible for this iconic shirt - a piece of merchandise I always wanted but never owned:

[Image: 2q3b1ae.jpg]

RIP Perro Aguayo
(21 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Here's what CubsFan had to say about this tragic incident:
www.luchablog.com

It's also worth noting that Perro had a cancer scare a few years back which resulted in doctors removing a benign tumour from his stomach. He was advised to take a year to recover but, like most wrestlers, he was back within two months of his operation.

I was always entertained by Perro's antics. He was a superb heel who was immensely charismatic. The likes of Perro Aguayo (and Ultimo Guerrero) were responsible for Mistico's (Sin Cara v.1) rise to the top. Without such talented rudos to work with it's debatale how he'd fare on his own, with or without family connections in CMLL's front office.

He was also partially responsible for this iconic shirt - a piece of merchandise I always wanted but never owned:

[Image: 2q3b1ae.jpg]

RIP Perro Aguayo
Just been reading this maybe tried for Manslaughter, with many pointing the finger at Rey Mysterio.
(21 Mar 2015, 10:38 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just been reading this maybe tried for Manslaughter, with many pointing the finger at Rey Mysterio.

I think it's unlikely that Rey Mysterio will be tried for Manslaughter. The story has attracted world-wide attention (as videos of the incident are available online) and many news outlets are putting two and two together and jumping to the wrong conclusions. Having viewed the video, it appears that Perrito died upon positioning himself for the 619. Rey barely touched him. Rey must be inconsolable in aftermath of these events - I don't think pointing the finger of blame at him is likely to do anyone any good.

Here are a few more updates from CubsFan
www.luchablog.com

Updated (2:00): Wrestling Observer says the doctor at the hospital called the injury as “cervical spine trauma”, believed to come from one of the two impacts of the rope into his throat. The doctor was unsure which one, though it appears it’s more likely the first.

Updated (3:30): A fan in attendance says he never saw someone taken to the back on a stretcher, which would dispute the commission’s claim about having adequate medical coverage. It’s still possible someone could’ve made it to the back and then put on a stretcher due to an injury.

This story has understandably gotten mainstream and worldwide attention, largely due to the videos of Perro’s death being available. There’s a lot of people looking into this; I think we’ll know the truth of the medical situation quickly.

Updated (4:00): Record reports the Baja California Attorney’s General has announced an investigation into the death. It’s exactly what you’d expect for this high profile of a death.

Updated (6:30): AAA’s TV show was preceded by a news report from Televisa Deportes, talking about Perro Aguayo Jr.’s life and death. Footage for the Tijuana was used. The show led off with a brief tribute to Irma. Perro Jr.’s match is still scheduled to air as the TV main event.

The Crash promoter says Perro Aguayo Sr. has not been informed of his son’s passing, for concerns of his own health. There has been a consistent rumor for months that Perro Aguayo Sr. is in bad physical and especially mental shape, and this would be the first time someone’s acknowledged the situation publicly.

The Crash also maintained that what happened an accident, and had nothing to do with the wrestlers. The promoters expect to be interviewed as part of the investigation, but believe everyone did their job properly.

The funeral will take place tomorrow in Guadalajara, by request of the mother. The Crash says they are paying all expenses to transport Perro’s body.

An ESPN medical doctor, observing the situation only from video, believes Perro died instantly on hitting the ropes, his vertebrae dislodged by the impact.

Updated (7:00): The Tijuana commission laid out a timeline claiming it Perro Aguayo Jr. was taken to the hospital within six minutes of the injury. The hospital is two streets away from the arena. That report says Perro technically died of cardiac arrest. I assume that came about because of his other injury, but I’m not a doctor.

The commission also says, previously on the show, three luchadors had previously been taken to the hospital.

Updated (9:10): MedioTiempo’s latest report includes the doctor stating Perro Jr. still had vital signs when he was taken to the hospitals. Theories from others about Perro being instantly dead when the rope hit him appear to be incorrect.

The confirms the commission report that the Perro Jr. officially died in the hospital of a cardiac arrest, likely brought on by the neck injury. (The article also mentions respiratory arrest. I’m unsure if there’s meant to be difference.)

The attorney general has ordered an autopsy, which includes standard drug tests. It’s unknown how this affects plans to transport his body back to Guadalajara ASAP.
(21 Mar 2015, 10:38 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just been reading this maybe tried for Manslaughter, with many pointing the finger at Rey Mysterio.

(22 Mar 2015, 9:05 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I think it's unlikely that Rey Mysterio will be tried for Manslaughter. The story has attracted world-wide attention (as videos of the incident are available online) and many news outlets are putting two and two together and jumping to the wrong conclusions. Having viewed the video, it appears that Perrito died upon positioning himself for the 619. Rey barely touched him. Rey must be inconsolable in aftermath of these events - I don't think pointing the finger of blame at him is likely to do anyone any good.

Here are a few more updates from CubsFan
www.luchablog.com
While I dont see that happening, if it did pan out that way, Would going that path...charging Rey with Manslaughter...would that not set quite a dangerous precedent in sport...

The place Rey Mysyerio is in right now must be horrible, must be close to being in hell at the moment
(22 Mar 2015, 10:01 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]While I dont see that happening, if it did pan out that way, Would going that path...charging Rey with Manslaughter...would that not set quite a dangerous precedent in sport...

The place Rey Mysyerio is in right now must be horrible, must be close to being in hell at the moment
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/world/pro...ored-video

If look at the Video after Suicide shoved him whilst leaning on the Second Rope, Aguayos throat then Bounces off the bottom rope as a result of the shove, Now from what I have read on the above link Aquayo died of trauma to the Neck and a Cervical Fracture, could the impact of his head and neck bouncing off the bottom rope cause such damage, Mysterio then comes over to check on Aguayo and says whatever to the official and leaves him leaning on the bottom rope, with rope visibly rubbing against his throat possibly causing further damage, meanwhile the guy on the outside with towel walks past Aguayo says something in his ear before eventually checking he is alright and the match continues on for a further 2 Minutes before realising there was something clearly wrong, either way you look at it all involved are at fault here and tragically Aguayo died as a result of there carelessness for his health and wellfare.
(22 Mar 2015, 10:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]http://www.opposingviews.com/i/world/pro...ored-video

If look at the Video after Suicide shoved him whilst leaning on the Second Rope, Aguayos throat then Bounces off the bottom rope as a result of the shove, Now from what I have read on the above link Aquayo died of trauma to the Neck and a Cervical Fracture, could the impact of his head and neck bouncing off the bottom rope cause such damage, Mysterio then comes over to check on Aguayo and says whatever to the official and leaves him leaning on the bottom rope, with rope visibly rubbing against his throat possibly causing further damage, meanwhile the guy on the outside with towel walks past Aguayo says something in his ear before eventually checking he is alright and the match continues on for a further 2 Minutes before realising there was something clearly wrong, either way you look at it all involved are at fault here and tragically Aguayo died as a result of there carelessness for his health and wellfare.
I still dont know what to make of it to be honest, there is a lot of ifs, buts and maybes. Had there been a doctor or medic at ringside, it may have been noticed quicker, as from accounts up to now, the events medics were dealing with another wrestler injured in an earlier match, which is why he was carried on a piece of plywood.

If anyone has questions to answer in my opinion it is those in charge of the event, for Rey Mysterio he will be feeling bad enough already, he will have it on his conscience for the rest of his life, I just cannot see past a tragic accident, if I did not any different, I would say he was selling it on the ropes, of course we sadly know different now.

To bring manslaughter charges in my opinion sets a dangerous precedent in these cases, sadly it is a tragic accident and I hope lessons will be learnt from it
If life is not already bad enough for Rey Mysterio, he has been the subject of death threats since the tragedy in Tijuana last Friday Night
I think Mr Lesnar is gone after Mania judging my Heymans Promo, there was just something about that wink at the end before Reigns came out, must of had a twitchy eye.
(24 Mar 2015, 3:12 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I think Mr Lesnar is gone after Mania judging my Heymans Promo, there was just something about that wink at the end before Reigns came out, must of had a twitchy eye.
Well how wrong was I, Brock Lesnar has signed a New Multi Year Contract with WWE, And has said he would never return to MMA in an Interview on ESPN.

ESPN Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb0vkztzR2c
(25 Mar 2015, 8:44 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Well how wrong was I, Brock Lesnar has signed a New Multi Year Contract with WWE, And has said he would never return to MMA in an Interview on ESPN.

ESPN Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb0vkztzR2c
Vince has had no choice imo. First time in decades that he's been backed into a corner, because really who are the big names? Orton and Brock imo. Sting, HHH and Taker are in that too obviously, but are all on limited appearances.
(25 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Vince has had no choice imo. First time in decades that he's been backed into a corner, because really who are the big names? Orton and Brock imo. Sting, HHH and Taker are in that too obviously, but are all on limited appearances.

You can also throw John Cena into the mix but you're right, who are the big names? 

While signing Brock to a multi-year deal will certainly be good for business, it's still a short-term solution in the long-run. WWE have failed to elevate anyone for years now. A few have been on the verge of breaking the glass ceiling but WWE keep getting cold feet for one reason or another. 

They need to pull the trigger on someone otherwise they'll be in big trouble a few years down the line.
(25 Mar 2015, 11:02 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]You can also throw John Cena into the mix but you're right, who are the big names? 

While signing Brock to a multi-year deal will certainly be good for business, it's still a short-term solution in the long-run. WWE have failed to elevate anyone for years now. A few have been on the verge of breaking the glass ceiling but WWE keep getting cold feet for one reason or another. 

They need to pull the trigger on someone otherwise they'll be in big trouble a few years down the line.

From a personal point of view, I think Reigns although he dont deserve it, Rollins, Rusev and Bray Wyatt are the ones have been getting massive pushes over the past year, Wyatts promos have been awesome to watch on The Undertaker in the past month, Rollins since the break up of The Shield has been with out a doubt the breakout star and has been great to watch both in the ring and on the microphone, Rusev has been built up to be the Unstoppable Monster Heel that he should be.

The likes of Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Cesaro and Stardust(As Cody Rhodes) should be the ones getting massive pushes, and should be in the Main Event picture, Barrett and Cody Rhodes, Rhodes particularly should of been World Champion by now, with Cena and Orton elevating them up to that level.
Im rather bored so I would like you guys to pick your Top 10: Wrestling Themes.

Ill put mine up shortly.
Here is my Top 10: Wrestling Themes

1.) Chris Jericho - King of my World - Saliva
2.) Edge - Metalingus - Alter Bridge
3.) Stone Cold Steve Austin - Glass Shattered - Disturbed
4.) CM Punk - This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage
5.) CM Punk - Cult of Personality - Living Colour
6.) Jeff Hardy - No More Words - Endeverafter
7.) The Undertaker - Rollin - Limp Bizkit
8.) The Undertaker - Big Evil 
9.) The Rock - Hollywood
10.) Evolution - Line in the Sand - Motorhead
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43