North East Buses

Full Version: Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
In no particular order:

1) Demolition - Demolition - Rick Derringer
2) Jake the Snake Roberts - Snake Bite - Jim Johnson
3) Sting - Crow/Sting (1996-99) - Jimmy Hart
4) Magnum Tokyo - Tokyo Go! - John Robinson
5) Papa Shango - The Shango Tango - Jim Johnson
6) Sandman - Enter Sandman - Metallica
7) Nation of Domination - Nation of Domination - Jim Johnson
8) Matt Hardy - Live for the Moment - Monster Magnet
9) The Pitbulls (ECW) - Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
10) nWo (original theme) - Rockhouse - Frank Shelly
I dont know about anyone else, but I wont be stopping up to watch Wrestlemania 31 Tonight due to having an Interview tomorrow Afternoon, I will instead be watching it when I get back home tomorrow evening, so I shall nicely ask that nobody posts the results of the ppv as I dont want to know, would rather watch it and see what surprises are in store.
(29 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I dont know about anyone else, but I wont be stopping up to watch Wrestlemania 31 Tonight due to having an Interview tomorrow Afternoon, I will instead be watching it when I get back home tomorrow evening, so I shall nicely ask that nobody posts the results of the ppv as I dont want to know, would rather watch it and see what surprises are in store.
I decided to have an hour about 7pm last night, and set my alarm to wake about 11pm if I slept for that long, I slept through the alarm, lol and woke up at 6am this morning [ANGRY FACE]

I do know the results...I wont tell you Malarkey as I am also gonna watch it later...gonna watch the Hall of Fame first Big Grin
Speaking of themes... can anyone remember Alex Wright's in WCW? Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptGKRHazRg
(30 Mar 2015, 7:41 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Speaking of themes... can anyone remember Alex Wright's in WCW?

Never watched WCW...

What was his gimmick...looks like he was trying to look like he was in a boyband in the early 90's Big Grin
(30 Mar 2015, 7:41 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Speaking of themes... can anyone remember Alex Wright's in WCW? Tongue

Aye. Alex Wright and his dancing were wonderfully odious. Never really understood the Berlyn gimmick. The wall had been down for nearly a decade at that point in time.

Magnum Tokyo was with Wright and Disco for a month or so circa 1997-98. I wonder if that influenced his gimmick in some way?
Was listening to 'Aitch's first WWE theme earlier

Big difference from Motorhead
Another great theme:

(30 Mar 2015, 8:01 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Never watched WCW...

What was his gimmick...looks like he was trying to look like he was in a boyband in the early 90's Big Grin

Alex Wright was 'Das Wunderkid' at this point of his career.

His gimmick, if you can call it that, was that he was a happy, youthful German who liked to move his arms in time to his theme. Initially, he was a babyface jobber who was either subjected to indifference or jeered because of his cheerful disposition. WCW realised he came across as disingenious - much like Bo Dallas - and started booking him as a heel with more success.

He went on to form a tag-team with Disco Inferno (and briefly a trio with Magnum Tokyo) named the Dancing Fools. WCW then decided to take off-screen for a few months and repackage him as Berlyn (He had an entourage consisting of a bodyguard named The Wall and a couple of others whom I can't place from the top of my head) before reverting back to his Alex Wright moniker shortly after. He reunited with Disco - this time as The Boogie Knights - and remained with WCW more or less until its demise.  

He was alright, nothing special, but solid. Don't know what he's doing now. He pretty much vanished after WCW went bust.
And here's the debut (or re-debut) of Berlyn in WCW.

Might as well move the thread onto the topic of wrestling debuts - your favourite, most memorable, the strangest, the worst etc...
I'll put a spoiler on here, because the creative team spoilt it for most people last night.

How to ruin a great match? Sting vs HHH? Oh I dunno... lets invite a load of has-been's along, in the form of DX and the NWO...

Good match other than that.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'll put a spoiler on here, because the creative team spoilt it for most people last night.

How to ruin a great match? Sting vs HHH? Oh I dunno... lets invite a load of has-been's along, in the form of DX and the NWO...

Not your friend anymore Adrian, up to Sting vs HHH now, is it just me or does HHH have lobsided nipples.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'll put a spoiler on here, because the creative team spoilt it for most people last night.

It's ironic that two of those people out there supposedly to defend WCW shoulder some of the blame for its eventual demise. 
(30 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Not your friend anymore Adrian, up to Sting vs HHH now, is it just me or does HHH have lobsided nipples.

Maybe your TV isn't level? Tongue
(30 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]It's ironic that two of those people out there supposedly to defend WCW shoulder some of the blame for its eventual demise. 

That and the fact Sting spent the best part of two years terrorising the NWO whilst in WCW. Oh wait, that Xpac guy was in the NWO around the time too. Not to mention WWE TV acknowledging that the clique existed even recently.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Maybe your TV isn't level?
Watching on the Laptop via WWE Network.
(30 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]That and the fact Sting spent the best part of two years terrorising the NWO whilst in WCW. Oh wait, that Xpac guy was in the NWO around the time too. Not to mention WWE TV acknowledging that the clique existed even recently.

Better still, although Sting was in nWo Wolfpack with Nash, he was never aligned with either Hogan or Hall.

Aside from being HHH best bud for a number of years, Shawn Michaels also played a pivotal role in DX? Just like Syxx's role in the nWo - that was conveniently brushed aside too. 
Well Sting vs HHH was disappointing, it wasnt Awesome it was just Shit.
Them scarecrows are drunk.
Has anyone seen the Hall of Fame yet...

Madusa isn't bad looking for her age and Mrs Warrior is quite fit too
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43