North East Buses

Full Version: Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(01 May 2015, 5:58 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]We got our tickets for Smackdown in November...

I am taking ideas for a sign, give me some ideas...

CHRIS BENOIT FOR HALL OF FAME

THIS SIGN WAS PAID FOR BY THE FPF

I DID A MALARKEY JUST TO GET HERE

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
The Benoit one will get nabbed by Security and you will end up getting chucked out, id put money on it if I was a betting man.
The FPF sign will get nabbed by me and won't even make it to the event!
(01 May 2015, 6:02 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The Benoit one will get nabbed by Security and you will end up getting chucked out, id put money on it if I was a betting man.

I know...When it comes to Benoit, am I right in saying WWE and 2k have banned users who create Chris Benoit on WWE:2k15???

(01 May 2015, 6:04 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]The FPF sign will get nabbed by me and won't even make it to the event!
Note to myself...

Do FPF sign under maximum security so Mr Young can't pinch it

I am going to take a sign...Just don't know what to put on it Big Grin
My mate was telling me our tickets for Smackdown are floor seats a few rows behind the announce table, I might try and get on telly by doing something mad, I might go topless with my moobs out for the world to see, I might set an air horn(if I could get it in of course) off at a quiet moment.

I wonder if security would clock me if my sign said Krispin Wah

I got 6 month to think up a sign Big Grin
Apparently Hulk Hogan has been given the Nod to Wrestle at Wrestlemania 32 if he passes a Physical Test by Vince McMahon, Hulk best take those Vitamins, by Vitamins I mean Steroids and say his prayers if he even thinks he stands a chance of Wrestling, In the meantime I shall pray on daily basis for this not to happen, nobody wants to see this dinosaur Wrestle...do they.
(02 May 2015, 9:03 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Apparently Hulk Hogan has been given the Nod to Wrestle at Wrestlemania 32 if he passes a Physical Test by Vince McMahon, Hulk best take those Vitamins, by Vitamins I mean Steroids and say his prayers if he even thinks he stands a chance of Wrestling, In the meantime I shall pray on daily basis for this not to happen, nobody wants to see this dinosaur Wrestle...do they.
Can we bring back Flair and give us what should have been the Main Event at Wrestlemania VIII

EDIT

After posting I googled hulk hogan Wrestlemania 32 and found this

Hulk Hogan wants to wrestle Ric Flair at Wrestlemania 32

Please god no, 2 dinosaurs with a combined of about 130 just does not appeal to me...
(03 May 2015, 7:42 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Can we bring back Flair and give us what should have been the Main Event at Wrestlemania VIII

I think Savage/Flair was more than acceptable for a Wrestlemania main event.
(08 May 2015, 6:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Absolutely Sickening 
http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...-With-The/
What a fucking moron...

I once nearly killed my mate powerbombing him into a swimming pool...But to do wrestling moves on a baby...About as low and sad as ya can get
The next instalment of NXT Takeover (entitled: Unstoppable) airs tonight on the WWE Network which means it'll be available elsewhere tomorrow morning.

The card is as follows:

* Kevin Owens defending the NXT Championship against Sami Zayn
* Sasha Banks defending the NXT Women's Championship against Becky Lynch
* Blake and Murphy defending the NXT Tag Team Championship against Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady
* Finn Bálor vs. Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze in a triple threat match to determine the number one contender to the NXT Championship
* Triple H said that Itami will not wrestle at TakeOver due to injury, but he will still be "represented".
* Baron Corbin vs. Rhyno
* Bayley and Charlotte vs. Dana Brooke and Emma

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE...nstoppable)

Itami's replacement has some intrigue attached as some are speculating that a certain Samoan journeyman may have signed with the company. Personally, I think any speculation on this is incorrect as it has not been reported by any reputable source but we'll wait and see. I think Itami's replacement will most likely be the debuting Uhaa Nation as he and Regal had a short segment a couple of weeks ago on NXT.

The Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn match is hard to call as both have made appearances on the main roster recently. An Owens/Cena match is scheduled for Elimination Chamber which strongly suggests Owens is being brought up but I don't see any merit in putting the NXT belt back onto Sami Zayn unless, of course, the front office think he's not ready for the main roster and needs to spend more time in developmental (which, in view, he doesn't).

I think Sasha Banks will be brought up soon (along with Charlotte), so I can see the NXT Woman's title changing hands here.

Any thoughts?
(20 May 2015, 12:25 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]The next instalment of NXT Takeover (entitled: Unstoppable) airs tonight on the WWE Network which means it'll be available elsewhere tomorrow morning.

The card is as follows:

* Kevin Owens defending the NXT Championship against Sami Zayn
* Sasha Banks defending the NXT Women's Championship against Becky Lynch
* Blake and Murphy defending the NXT Tag Team Championship against Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady
* Finn Bálor vs. Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze in a triple threat match to determine the number one contender to the NXT Championship
    * Triple H said that Itami will not wrestle at TakeOver due to injury, but he will still be "represented".
* Baron Corbin vs. Rhyno
* Bayley and Charlotte vs. Dana Brooke and Emma

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE...nstoppable)

Itami's replacement has some intrigue attached as some are speculating that a certain Samoan journeyman may have signed with the company. Personally, I think any speculation on this is incorrect as it has not been reported by any reputable source but we'll wait and see. I think Itami's replacement will most likely be the debuting Uhaa Nation as he and Regal had a short segment a couple of weeks ago on NXT.

The Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn match is hard to call as both have made appearances on the main roster recently. An Owens/Cena match is scheduled for Elimination Chamber which strongly suggests Owens is being brought up but I don't see any merit in putting the NXT belt back onto Sami Zayn unless, of course, the front office think he's not ready for the main roster and needs to spend more time in developmental (which, in view, he doesn't).

I think Sasha Banks will be brought up soon (along with Charlotte), so I can see the NXT Woman's title changing hands here.

Any thoughts?
Link to NXT Takeover:Unstoppable
http://wrestlingup.info/watch-wwe-nxt-ta...YR6Gd.dpbs
(21 May 2015, 4:46 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Link to NXT Takeover:Unstoppable
http://wrestlingup.info/watch-wwe-nxt-ta...YR6Gd.dpbs

I very rarely, if ever, stream stuff but cheers for the link anyway.

I downloaded it first thing this morning and I intend to watch it at the gym soon.
(21 May 2015, 5:03 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I very rarely, if ever, stream stuff but cheers for the link anyway.

I downloaded it first thing this morning and I intend to watch it at the gym soon.

I have just finished watching it, Sacha Banks vs Becky Lynch was Match of the Night, I will not say anything more and shall leave you to watch it.

I have just started using Wrestling Up in the last few weeks for the PPVs and the Streams are very good, I used to stream off of Bollyrulez.net but that site seems to of gotten worse and worse for streaming recently, everything else I watch through SkyGo on my Xbox.
(21 May 2015, 5:15 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I have just finished watching it, Sacha Banks vs Becky Lynch was Match of the Night, I will not say anything more and shall leave you to watch it.

I have just started using Wrestling Up in the last few weeks for the PPVs and the Streams are very good, I used to stream off of Bollyrulez.net but that site seems to of gotten worse and worse for streaming recently, everything else I watch through SkyGo on my Xbox.

I've always used XWT or PWT. 

I've never been a fan of streams to be honest. In my experience, most of them are shambolic with the kind of video quality I used to expect when I used to buy fourth or fifth generation ECW videos from tape traders around twenty years ago. The buffering ain't the best either and that applies to the WWE Network too. 

Most of the time, I find it quicker just to download the thing.  
(21 May 2015, 5:15 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I have just finished watching it, Sacha Banks vs Becky Lynch was Match of the Night, I will not say anything more and shall leave you to watch it.

Managed to watch it last night and I have to agree that Sacha/Becky deserved match of the night honours. Becky has always been very good in the ring and carried the match somewhat but Sacha more held her own and has improved immensly during her time in NXT. As much as I'd like to see both on the main roster, a part of me would like them to remain on NXT. Despite WWE doing just about everything right when it comes to NXT and showing that a women's title match can be just as emotional and good as any other match, you know as soon as they hit RAW or Smackdown they'll play second fiddle to the men and will be involved in throwaway matches which mean absolutely nothing. A complete waste of both of their talents. 

I thought Finn Balor/Tyler Breeze was average. Nothing wrong but nothing special either. I quite liked Tyler's entrance though and Balor's always elicits a good reaction. 

Rhyno managed to drag Baron Corbin to probably his best match yet. As I've probably said before, Rhyno is underrated and the role he has in NXT is good both for him and whoever gets to work with him.

I thought the women's tag match was decent as was the Enzo/Big Cass vs Blake/Murphy tag match. Cass and Enzo are about as good as they're realistically going to get but Enzo oozes charisma and the crowd loves to play sing along - a la New Age Outlaws.

The main event was quite short but managed to get the point of the match across quite nicely. Owens is more than ready for the main roster. His demeanour and the way he carries himself on the mic certainly gives him an edge over most. I also like the way he looks different. He doesn't have a WWE type body but still manages to look menacing. I won't spoil the ending of the match for anyone who hasn't watch it but, yeah, the next couple of months on NXT will be interesting to say the least.     
Destination America, the television station/network who recently cancelled TNA Impact, have picked up Ring of Honor's television show as a replacement. 

[attachment=6743]

I guess it's official now. 

ROH is America's No.2 wrestling promotion.

When Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling eventually gets onto television (I think they have a TV Taping next month), I can see TNA sliding further down the totem pole. Will TNA be around this time next year?
(27 May 2015, 6:20 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Destination America, the television station/network who recently cancelled TNA Impact, have picked up Ring of Honor's television show as a replacement. 

When Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling eventually gets onto television (I think they have a TV Taping next month), I can see TNA sliding further down the totem pole. Will TNA be around this time next year?
I dont think so, would be amazed if they see out 2015.

TNA absolutely sucks and has done since 2010 when Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff Debuted, since then a Company which was making leaps and bounds and was very enjoyable to watch, has seamlessly became unbearable to watch and has slowly went down the pan, feel sorry for the talent such as Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Magnus, Drew Galloway & The Hardys to name a few, have there talents wasted in meaningless overly repeated storylines each time they decide to do a massive bulk of TV Tapings.

They have lost numerous Wrestlers in the last 2 Years who have simply decided not to renew there Contracts or have simply not been offered a renewal and walked, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Hernandez & Matt Morgan to name a few.

The Hogan/Bischoff Error wasnt the only Mistake that Dixie Carter made mind, Signing the likes of King Mo, Tito Ortiz and Ramage Jackson on Cross Promotional Contracts worth Millions (Similar to what WWE Pay Brock Lesnar I heard) with Bellator MMA was a Major Mistake, funnily enough King Mo is still contracted to TNA while the latter are not, but as a collective only made a handful or sporadic appearances.

Obviously Dixie thought making these moves would make the Company bigger and move up to the next level and compete with WWE, But everything that has been done in the last 5 Years has backfired quite badly to a point where Talent are not getting there Pay Cheques on time, and the Companies future as a whole in uncertain as a result, time to close the doors I think before they are forced to close them.

(27 May 2015, 6:20 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Destination America, the television station/network who recently cancelled TNA Impact, have picked up Ring of Honor's television show as a replacement. 

Would I be right to say TNA without a TV deal it is only worth about 30 bob lol
(28 May 2015, 8:49 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Would I be right to say TNA without a TV deal it is only worth about 30 bob lol

I think it would be fair to say that's always been the case.

This isn't the first time they've been without a television deal. They signed with FOX in May 2004 and Impact was conceived. A year later, FOX decided not to renew their contract. TNA continued to produce Impact in the hope of securing another television deal. During this time Impact was only viewable on the internet. In October 2005 they managed to nab a television deal with Spike TV which ended in December 2014. They reached an agreement with Destination America to start airing Impact from January 2015 onwards; that deal has now ended.

In 2004 and 2005, there were still enough ex-WCW (and ex-WWE) stars and up-and-coming independent talent available to convince television executives a market existed for an alternative wrestling product which could viably complete with WWE. Spike TV invested heavily in the television production side of things which allowed TNA to concentrate their efforts on signing (and developing) talent to be used on TV which, in turn, would draw money for both TNA and Spike through merchandising and advertising deals. While there were some short-term gains and successes overall, TNA failed in their endeavours. 

Today, there are very few wrestling stars outside of WWE. Remember, TNA is attempting to engage the casual wrestling fan in tis product. The casual wrestling fan is someone, much like yourself, who regularly watches WWE but has a passing interest in wrestling. They are not likely to seek out foreign, local or nationally-known independent promotions unless someone specifically makes reference to their product. WCW was something that a casual fan might take interest in as it contained recognisable wrestlers with. for lack of a better term, star value. As already noted, TNA could achieve this in 2005 with a Sting, a Kevin Nash, a Kurt Angle, a Jeff Hardy or a Hulk Hogan but, fast-forward ten years later, all notable stars are either well past their prime or have now signed with WWE. Making new stars is extremely difficult when they're perceived by casual wrestling fans as WWE cast-offs like Drew McIntryre or Derek Bateman which is a problem TNA faces. 

TNA's programming will be expensive to produce because of the high-standard of television production values they've either set or been accustomed to over the years. In turn, this will increase the price of the television program to the network. ROH will be able to produce their program for a lot less money meaning it'll be cheaper to buy. If each wrestling program essentially contains 'nobodies' - and arguably, ROH contain 'nobodies' who casual fans are more familiar with - it makes business sense for television executives to go with the cheaper option.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43