North East Buses

Full Version: Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(06 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]On another note I was watching WWE Vintage on SS3 earlier. Had a few Razor Ramon matches, including the ladder match at WrestleMania 10. I remember watching that back in 94 haha Smile

I almost forgot that Razor Ramon was inducted into the 2014 Hall of Fame last night.

My first memory of Scott Hall was as The Diamond Studd in WCW. I didn't see the whole of his WCW run as this character (1991-92) but I do recall watching Paul E. Dangerously trying to recruit him as a member of The Dangerous Alliance back in 1992 when WCW used to air on ITV. As WCW programming in the UK was a couple of months behind the US version, the Dangerous Alliance recruitment angle aired at (more or less) the same time when the WWF promoted a series of vignettes featuring a new wrestler going by the name of Razor Ramon. It was quite strange to see him appearing on both shows at the same time.

Although the character of Razor Ramon is fondly remembered, his run only lasted for around four years (05/92 - 05/96, IIRC). He managed to produce a fine body of work during that period, including those two ladder matches with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania X and SummerSlam '95, which were arguably the best of his career. I don't think his time in the nWo topped that.

(06 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just read on WrestlingRumours.Net The Rock in New Orleans for Wrestlemania Tonight and will be involved in an angle on the Show, No idea what though as it said he was Rehearsing for it, Quote said it will be Special, Got a feeling they'll announce Rock vs Brock for WM31.

If what you speculate is true, then, presumably, The Rock is going to be directly involved in either the finish or the aftermath of the Brock/Undertaker match tonight. This would probably mean that Brock is going over as I doubt think they'll taint The Undertaker's streak with some sort of cheap finish involving a run-in from The Rock. Also, if Rock/Brock is announced for WM31, then it doesn't make sense to have one half of your main-event lose, does it?
(06 Apr 2014, 6:06 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I almost forgot that Razor Ramon was inducted into the 2014 Hall of Fame last night.

My first memory of Scott Hall was as The Diamond Studd in WCW. I didn't see the whole of his WCW run as this character (1991-92) but I do recall watching Paul E. Dangerously trying to recruit him as a member of The Dangerous Alliance back in 1992 when WCW used to air on ITV. As WCW programming in the UK was a couple of months behind the US version, the Dangerous Alliance recruitment angle aired at (more or less) the same time when the WWF promoted a series of vignettes featuring a new wrestler going by the name of Razor Ramon. It was quite strange to see him appearing on both shows at the same time.

Although the character of Razor Ramon is fondly remembered, his run only lasted for around four years (05/92 - 05/96, IIRC). He managed to produce a fine body of work during that period, including those two ladder matches with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania X and SummerSlam '95, which were arguably the best of his career. I don't think his time in the nWo topped that.

He was a great singles wrestler, but a lot of time in the nWo saw him overshadowed by bigger stars. Mainly Hogan and Nash. Even in the Wolfpac, he had to contend with the likes of Luger and Sting. WCW had so much main event talent in the mid to late 90s though, which prevented him getting the push he perhaps deserved.

Was watching this from Hall of Fame. Quality.

I really want to see The Ultimate Warrior's HOF induction speech.

Although he comes across a bit chicken-oriental at times, he definitely deserves to be there.

He was certainly unique. He wasn't a great wrestler and delivered some of the most incomprehensible promos of his era, but his charisma and presence was something else.

I doubt we'll ever see anyone else like him in wrestling again.
Just finished watching Wrestlemania 30 and it was Awesome, Daniel Bryan beat HHH to go into a 3-Way with Orton and Batista, Bryan got Batista Bombed into an RKO through the Spanish Announce Table at one point during the Match which Awesome, Bryan was then Stretchered out as far the end of the Ramp, before getting off it and continuing on to make Batista Tap Out for the Win.

The other Major point of the Event for the shock of night in Undertaker losing to Brock Lesnar and going 21-1, The Crowd reaction was simply amazing, the looks on there faces a stroke of pure genius from WWE, in the way that they bought into what had just transpired, Undertaker got a standing ovation from the Crowd as he got up and walked out.

Elsewhere The Shield destroyed Kane and the New Age Outlaws in about 3 Minutes, AJ Retained the Divas Title in a 14 Way to the disgust of Vickie Guerrero, Cesaro picked up the Big Show and slung over the top rope to win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal and there was no sign of Rusev in the Battle Royal either, Also Super Cena beat Bray Wyatt and the Usos retained The Tag Titles, As for The Rock/Stone Cold and Hogan the Kicked off the Show exchanging pleasantries and saying there catchphrases and drank a few cold ones and left, and there was no sign of CM Punk or Sting.
(07 Apr 2014, 5:35 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The other Major point of the Event for the shock of night in Undertaker losing to Brock Lesnar and going 21-1, The Crowd reaction was simply amazing, the looks on there faces a stroke of pure genius from WWE, in the way that they bought into what had just transpired, Undertaker got a standing ovation from the Crowd as he got up and walked out.

I guess I was the only one not surprised by this. This was the correct result in my opinion. The Undertaker should not be able to beat Brock Lesnar at this stage of his career. The seeds of this loss were planted many moons ago - just after Lesnar suffered a loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121 back in 2010.

Just watched it myself earlier, there was no surprises at all, I had a feeling Daniel Bryan would get the straps after HHH knocked 7 shades out of him...

I hope they give Daniel Bryan a good run as Champ, the fans certainly want it and I think he can go on to being up there with the best, he is probably 1 of the more marketable wrestlers and probably shifts a shit load of merchandise.

As for the Streak, if anyone was going to halt it, it was Lesnar, I have never really been a big Lesnar fan, but the match was good, I feel they should give him a serious push now, maybe put him in a programme with Daniel Bryan, Lesnar is in a hell of a position now...

As for the year ahead, I would like to see Lesnar go against Cena and The Rock to build to a big triple threat match at WrestleMania XXXI...
I can't wait to see the post-Wrestlemania RAW.

The last two have arguably more eventful than Wrestlemania itself.

I hope someone gets brought up from NXT. I doubt it'll be Newcastle's own Adrian Neville, but we might get Bo Dallas, Sami Zayn or Paige.
The looks on peoples faces when Lesnar won, absolutely priceless, they looked like they had just caught someone wanking a dog off, absolute shock and disbelief Wink
(07 Apr 2014, 9:03 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I can't wait to see the post-Wrestlemania RAW.

The last two have arguably more eventful than Wrestlemania itself.

I hope someone gets brought up from NXT. I doubt it'll be Newcastle's own Adrian Neville, but we might get Bo Dallas, Sami Zayn or Paige.

In regards to Raw Tonight I have read RVD is to Return and we could see the Debut on Sting(Hopefully but I doubtful) but if it does it will relate to Undertaker, also hopefully something shocking will happen in a segment which will lead to CM Punk coming out, something Daniel Bryan/Authority Related would be Perfect. Cesaro will have a Big Impact I think Tonight, Hopefully we'll see some NXT Talents come up, Paige should come up immediately in my opinion and tear AJ Lee apart.
Paige has just made her Raw Debut against AJ Lee and won the Divas Championship ending AJ's 295 Day Reign, Rusev also faced Zack Ryder and there has been Promos for Bo Dallas and Adam Rose, also Bad News Barrett beat Rey Mysterio in his Match in over Year, and RVD returned also, and we still have Daniel Bryan vs HHH for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the Main Event.

Cesaro is a Paul Heyman Guy and the WWEWHC Match didn't even get started, Orton/Batista and Kane attacked Bryan, Then HHH came out to finish the Job, only for The Shield to come out and turn on the Authority and attack Orton/Batista and Kane, Roman Reigns also speared HHH in the Process, Bryan/The Shield stood tall in the ring to end the show.

Now i'm going to get some sleep as I have my Appeal/Grievance meeting at 0800 Repair in under 12 Hours.
I haven't seen the vignettes on RAW for Adam Rose, but I do hope he gets to keep his NXT entrance.

Cesaro is the perfect Paul Heyman guy. It's also a strange (and interesting) dynamic with Cesaro being positioned as a face and Heyman portraying the heel manager role. This could turn into something special.

The Shield need to stay together until at least the Survivor Series. If Roman Reigns is indeed the next big thing, this run as the foil to HHH's group of cronies should cement it. I would like to see their association with Daniel Bryan continue too. I've got a feeling it's going to be Roman Reigns against Daniel Bryan for the belt at Wrestlemania 31.

I'm also pleased to see both Paige and Alexander Russev making their debuts. I quite like Lana too - there's something about an Eastern European accent I like (even though she's American!).
(08 Apr 2014, 10:42 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I haven't seen the vignettes on RAW for Adam Rose, but I do hope he gets to keep his NXT entrance.

Cesaro is the perfect Paul Heyman guy. It's also a strange (and interesting) dynamic with Cesaro being positioned as a face and Heyman portraying the heel manager role. This could turn into something special.

The Shield need to stay together until at least the Survivor Series. If Roman Reigns is indeed the next big thing, this run as the foil to HHH's group of cronies should cement it. I would like to see their association with Daniel Bryan continue too. I've got a feeling it's going to be Roman Reigns against Daniel Bryan for the belt at Wrestlemania 31.

I'm also pleased to see both Paige and Alexander Russev making their debuts. I quite like Lana too - there's something about an Eastern European accent I like (even though she's American!).

I have something about Eastern European, some are mind blowingly gorgeous...My username(Marxista Fozzski) comes from having a thing about Russian chicksWink
(08 Apr 2014, 3:26 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I have something about Eastern European, some are mind blowingly gorgeous...My username(Marxista Fozzski) comes from having a thing about Russian chicksWink

The thing is, her real name is something like Catherine Joy Perry - a name which couldn't be any further away from the character she portrays. I hope she can keep the accept up.

Here's a link to some images available of her on Google.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=catherine+joy+perry&espv=2&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0jNEU5-ELsasO__IgHA&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=499

Very nice indeed!
Didn't realise he was still alive, bearing in mind he was one of the batch I heard of years ago - but apparently the Ultimate Warrior has just died.
(09 Apr 2014, 6:37 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Didn't realise he was still alive, bearing in mind he was one of the batch I heard of years ago - but apparently the Ultimate Warrior has just died.

I was just this minute reading about that.

I can't really say I'm massively shocked about this although the timing is quite significant given his recent HOF induction.

I'm glad he finally got the chance to make peace with the fed and his fanbase before he died.
(09 Apr 2014, 6:55 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I was just this minute reading about that.

I can't really say I'm massively shocked about this although the timing is quite significant given his recent HOF induction.

I'm glad he finally got the chance to make peace with the fed and his fanbase before he died.

Speaking a foreign language to me there Adam. Genuinely have no idea about wrestling. To put into context, the only HOF I know about appeared in Knight Rider and Baywatch.

*Sidles off after making his annual contribution to the wrestling thread.
(09 Apr 2014, 7:04 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Speaking a foreign language to me there Adam. Genuinely have no idea about wrestling. To put into context, the only HOF I know about appeared in Knight Rider and Baywatch.

*Sidles off after making his annual contribution to the wrestling thread.

HOF = Hall of Fame. He was inducted into the WWE's Hall of Fame on Saturday night.

Not that the WWE Hall of Fame means that much. Basically, if you're on good terms with the company - you're in. The Ultimate Warrior had been critical of the company for many years. The WWE hit back by producing a DVD entitled 'The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior' where various wrestlers and employees, both past and present, came together and buried him. Over the past year or so, relations have been more amicable improving to the point where he appeared on TV to promote the new WWE video game. This renewed relationship led to his HOF induction as well as a new DVD presenting him in a more positive light.
Excuse my language but fucking hell...Never expected that, getting inducted into the Hall 4-5 days ago, then suddenly dying...

To be honest I have never had anything good to say about him, I never agreed with his views, never really liked him in general, but, he was one of the most popular wrestlers of his day, and I never expected to see the day he would be inducted into a WWE HOF, he seemingly burnt all his bridges years ago and has been very critical and quite nasty at times about his peers...

I wont say much more about the sudden demise of the Warrior...

RIP WARRIOR
(09 Apr 2014, 12:09 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]To be honest I have never had anything good to say about him, I never agreed with his views, never really liked him in general, but, he was one of the most popular wrestlers of his day, and I never expected to see the day he would be inducted into a WWE HOF, he seemingly burnt all his bridges years ago and has been very critical and quite nasty at times about his peers...

In defence of The Warrior, most of the bad-blood between himself and the WWE stems from the fact that he legally pursued things which to which he was entitled. While Vince and his legal team have, in the past, strong-armed certain performers to waive their rights under threat of the lengthy (and costly) courtroom battle; the Warrior successfully defended himself and won the rights to his gimmick. That takes balls and I admire him for that.

However, I agree with what you say about his political and personal beliefs as I too find them repugnant and reprehensible. He did take pot-shots at his peers for no apparent reason but he seems to have mellowed out in later years - working with an openly bisexual Orlando Jordan (something which he probably wouldn't have done while making his 'motivational speeches' back in the late 90's/early 00's); and making amends/burying the hatchet with fellow performers.
(09 Apr 2014, 12:43 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]In defence of The Warrior, most of the bad-blood between himself and the WWE stems from the fact that he legally pursued things which to which he was entitled. While Vince and his legal team have, in the past, strong-armed certain performers to waive their rights under threat of the lengthy (and costly) courtroom battle; the Warrior successfully defended himself and won the rights to his gimmick. That takes balls and I admire him for that.

However, I agree with what you say about his political and personal beliefs as I too find them repugnant and reprehensible. He did take pot-shots at his peers for no apparent reason but he seems to have mellowed out in later years - working with an openly bisexual Orlando Jordan (something which he probably wouldn't have done while making his 'motivational speeches' back in the late 90's/early 00's); and making amends/burying the hatchet with fellow performers.

Didn't he legally change his name to Warrior to stop McMahon slapping copyright on it...

One thing I hated him for was his opinions on dead wrestlers, fair enough he was saying what we all thought, but the dead cannot defend themselves...

I must admit though, when I first started watching wrestling I found him a bit of an enigma, could not quite figure it out at the time, but understanding it now, he was of course meant to be that enigma...

There is no doubting Jim Hellwig was one of the most popular performers of his day and will be remembered as such and it is sad that someone who I grew up watching suddenly passes away...

The timing of his unfortunate death is ultimately very sad, if you had told me 5 years ago he would inducted into the HOF, I would have ridiculed you and asked where you been for the better of 2 decades...

RIP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43