North East Buses

Full Version: What has amused you/made you laugh today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02 Dec 2015, 9:26 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Speaking of Virgin, I was looking for a group for Virgin Trains East Coast on Flickr earlier and one of the groups that came up was "Dorm Sex" oh my!

Following on from this, was looking for a group for Stephensons of Easingwold although got not many results so tried searching "Stephensons" and results returned were: Countryside Cocks, Countryside Honey and Countryside Couples.

It's amazing what you find on Flickr when you turn the safe search results option off! Big Grin
Had a peek at the fishmongers in Durham market to see if there was anything I fancied for tea. They had some lemon sole in. The label said "contains fish".

Presumably nothing else on display had any fish in it whatsoever, because no other labels said so.Big Grin
Never knew unmarked police cars had WiFi, I knew it was the car parked on the other side of the street because when he moved the WiFi went with him. Big Grin
(12 Dec 2015, 3:51 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Never knew unmarked police cars had WiFi, I knew it was the car parked on the other side of the street because when he moved the WiFi went with him. Big Grin

Did a Flowers By Irene van take its place when it went.
Some young lad has just came up to and asked if he could borrow some snow out of our garden.
Some Sainsburys online groceries randomness.

You can expect your bananas in the post sometime this week.

[attachment=7430]
The comment on Dan's photo about the Streetdeck that currently on loan to GNE being trailed on the Blaydon Racers.
(14 Dec 2015, 6:58 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]The comment on Dan's photo about the Streetdeck that currently on loan to GNE being trailed on the Blaydon Racers.

Hmmmmmmmm, i can't see it been for Blaydon Racers... or a order for Blaydon Racers....
(14 Dec 2015, 7:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hmmmmmmmm, i can't see it been for Blaydon Racers... or a order for Blaydon Racers....
In my opinion, the Citaros are a perfect fit for services 49/49A.
(14 Dec 2015, 7:03 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]In my opinion, the Citaros are a perfect fit for services 49/49A.

Same.

Wonder when we'll see the first of the new buses arriving........... not including the coaches.
(14 Dec 2015, 7:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Same.

Wonder when we'll see the first of the new buses arriving........... not including the coaches.
Hopefully they'll arrive between now and new year.

Does that include deckers for Stanley? Angel
Heard they're a little short! 
(14 Dec 2015, 7:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Does that include deckers for Stanley? Angel
Heard they're a little short!
If/when the next batch of Omnidekkas arrive (I've heard from a few enthusiasts) they are all going to be based at Stanley too. Mind it is speculation so I guess we'll have to wait and see...
(14 Dec 2015, 7:03 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]In my opinion, the Citaros are a perfect fit for services 49/49A.

Can't see the 49/49A ever getting double deckers. Could maybe see the 49/49A getting StreetLite's in the future but if that was to happen it probably wouldn't be for a few years yet.
(14 Dec 2015, 7:16 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Can't see the 49/49A ever getting double deckers. Could maybe see the 49/49A getting StreetLite's in the future but if that was to happen it probably wouldn't be for a few years yet.
Me either. I think 5275-5284 will be able to handle the route perfectly for a few more years yet. Although Go North East will probably opt for Streetlites should the 49/49A recivie investment, I wouldn't like to be on board one trying to climb Blaydon bank...
(14 Dec 2015, 7:15 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]If/when the next batch of Omnidekkas arrive (I've heard from a few enthusiasts) they are all going to be based at Stanley too. Mind it is speculation so I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Wouldn't be surprised if they were based at Stanley as Dan said before "Depot Standardization" will probables happen.

No doubt Brighton will get Streetdecks............
(14 Dec 2015, 7:19 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Me either. I think 5275-5284 will be able to handle the route perfectly for a few more years yet. Although Go North East will probably opt for Streetlites should the 49/49A recivie investment, I wouldn't like to be on board one trying to climb Blaydon bank...

I think GNE will order Streetlites for the next couple of years until a new/better model comes out although that B8RLE Wright Eclipse 3 is decent...shame GNE looks to be getting none....
(14 Dec 2015, 7:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wouldn't be surprised if they were based at Stanley as Dan said before "Depot Standardization" will probables happen.

No doubt Brighton will get Streetdecks............
Yes, from what I've heard, a new batch of Streetdecks will go to Brighton, displacing the Omnidekkas. I can't see them arriving until next year though.
(14 Dec 2015, 7:22 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Yes, from what I've heard, a new batch of Streetdecks will go to Brighton, displacing the Omnidekkas. I can't see them arriving until next year though.

Oh Go-Ahead loves a Streetdeck Tongue

Ye, probables be around middle of next year.