North East Buses

Full Version: What has amused you/made you laugh today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vicky Pollard appears to be waiting for our bus.
(29 Jul 2017, 3:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Vicky Pollard appears to be waiting for our bus.

I need to watch Little Britain when I return home next Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I cannot believe the audacity of some people. Sheer bitterness over the fact they were removed from this forum over their behaviour. Snide, attacking remarks made left, right, and centre. Soap doesn't cost much in this day and age, either. 

Have a bath. Smile
(30 Jul 2017, 4:28 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I cannot believe the audacity of some people. Sheer bitterness over the fact they were removed from this forum over their behaviour. Snide, attacking remarks made left, right, and centre. Soap doesn't cost much in this day and age, either. 

Have a bath. Smile

I have a feeling who you are talking about...... i seen the comment too..........
Cycling past Royal Quays today and seen the famous bus shelter off 9 year ago.

Why is it famous you may ask!?

Well there was a lady on the other side of the road 9 years ago who was absolutely stunning. And unfortunately for me whilst I was checking her out the said bus stop just appeared. Wallop. I hurt myself physically but not as much pride????
Look what you can buy in HMV Newcastle.[Image: d0c666c06e5204d0b47c159a253c72b6.jpg]

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
(05 Aug 2017, 12:48 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Look what you can buy in HMV Newcastle.

Does it come with a free carrier bag or two?
My map reading skills. Took a wrong turn and ended up in the courtyard of a big country mansion somewhere between Rothbury and Scots Gap.

Managed to find my way home in the end.

Charles
(05 Aug 2017, 3:17 pm)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]My map reading skills. Took a wrong turn and ended up in the courtyard of a big country mansion somewhere between Rothbury and Scots Gap.

Managed to find my way home in the end.

Charles

Sounds like me with Google Maps, even with directions I tend to make some wrong turns  Big Grin
(05 Aug 2017, 3:45 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Sounds like me with Google Maps, even with directions I tend to make some wrong turns  Big Grin

Google Maps had me on a loop of Leeds city centre tbh...
That's someone told!
(08 Aug 2017, 9:18 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]That's someone told!

I though he was banned?
(08 Aug 2017, 9:18 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]That's someone told!

Be funnier still if it actually re-entered service yesterday (or earlier)  Big Grin

Can't seem to see that on my phone, has it been removed?
(08 Aug 2017, 9:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Be funnier still if it actually re-entered service yesterday (or earlier)  Big Grin

Can't seem to see that on my phone, has it been removed?

It did return to service yesterday. By and large; I just follow the same basic schedule for each refurbished Mercedes Citaro, though. Delivered one day, branded the next, returning to service the day after. More often than not, it's delivered and branded on the same day.

It shows on the homepage at the moment - the news page does not show "unapproved" news posts which have been contributed by other members, but the homepage (http://northeastbuses.co.uk/) does for now until it's properly built. Anyone can contribute news, regardless of whether they're a member on this forum or not. The username comes automatically from the photograph on Flickr.
So Arriva have had a promotional event in Gosforth today to promote their 43/44/45, and the one thing they don’t do is to bring a bus to promote it, all they have is an information stand. Rather annoyed as well as used up petrol to go there for nothing when I was expecting a bus to be present.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
In fairness, it was never said that there would be a bus present today, unsure if the area where the launch was today is able to accommodate a bus or not (I don't know Gosforth). Was the same when the X46 went MAX, there was just a person with a table of freebies in Crook Market Place on a market day.

The Facebook comments on the post for today's launch are quite a amusing read, it's a mix of enthusiasts pointing out that the buses aren't new and are actually 10 years old and of course and of course the people of Gosforth still ain't happy, mainly in regards to pollution and seem to think they are on the same level as London "The recent buses on these routes were shipped up from London where they were no longer allowed to operate under guidelines, so instead they choked our streets with them instead. If they were no good for London, they're no good for Gosforth" actual quote.
There’s bollards on the pavement where the Square is so I guess that there wasn’t enough room to park as a bus wouldn’t be able to fit through them and not really anywhere large enough to park next to it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
(09 Aug 2017, 11:57 am)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]So Arriva have had a promotional event in Gosforth today to promote their 43/44/45, and the one thing they don’t do is to bring a bus to promote it, all they have is an information stand. Rather annoyed as well as used up petrol to go there for nothing when I was expecting a bus to be present.

Apparrently the bus was supposed to be at some park or other, at 1:30. It wasn't gosforth central park because we ate our lunch and played some Pokémon go, there.

Not sure whether I'm amused or offended that my browser knows I've been overdoing the choc ices  Blush
Didn't think you could MAX Blyth anymore than what it already has, but sure enough... [Image: 276117a1b8894c96970198f133e79afd.jpg]

[Image: 766eaec8f6212ab96caaaf427949375a.heic]

This came through my letterbox today, I’m nowhere near 50